+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hey all,

Like Everyone else my LPP was stuck in in-progress for almost three months. I sent a note to IRCC using web form with all my details and last Friday LPP has been moved to completed state. Not sure if web form had any effect on this or this was supposed to happen anyway. But I believe those who are stuck in LPP, can try IRCC web form. Or wait for a week, as we see many dec applicants have been getting updates over last two weeks.
I don’t think it was due to the fact that you sent them a webform. It was a usual course of events.

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Same here. There is no evidence that ordering GCMS notes or calling helps. However, you might get some insights that, which can be helpful to understand the delay with LPP. The best way is just to forget about your application. You gotta accept it is out of your control. But, yes, I also wish for some good news this week as well :) Canada Day is coming, nevertheless.
I completely agree with this.

Reactions: Dr. Walden

niveditha024

Jul 10, 2018
Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1344
Application: Single
Application submitted: December 14, 2022
Delivered: December 14th, 2022
AOR: Jan 5th 2023
Background check completed: Feb 14th 2023
Test Invite:June 1st
Test done:June 20th
Test Marked complete:June 22nd

Please update the tracker.

Reactions: skidmarkz

MichaelAp

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10-12-2019
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1111
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: December 5, 2022
Delivered: December 5, 2022
AOR: December 22, 2022
In progress: December 24, 2022
Background completed: February 14, 2023
Test invite: February 22 (Email from Vancouver)
Test window: February 27, 2023 and March 20, 2023.
Test written: February 27
Test completed: March 3 (reflected on tracker - March 7)
LPP: May 16
Citizenship Ceremony in progress: May 24
Oath date: June 8 (Calgary)
Tracker closed due to application approval: June 20 (updated June 22)
Mailed certificate received: Waiting

Godspeed to everyone still waiting
Hi guys, signing out today as I just received my certificate in the mail. Big thanks to everyone for contributing to this success. To those still waiting for one thing or the other, I wish you all Godspeed. Cheers to being Canadian!

Mailed certificate received: June 26

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Hi guys, signing out today as I just received my certificate in the mail. Big thanks to everyone for contributing to this success. To those still waiting for one thing or the other, I wish you all Godspeed. Cheers to being Canadian!

Mailed certificate received: June 26
Congratulations. A quick question to you. Your test invite came from Vancouver but it says oath is Calgary. Did you attend an in person event at Calgary or you got the invite from an Calgary office? Also where do you live and are you an online applicant? Thank you!

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Congratulations. A quick question to you. Your test invite came from Vancouver but it says oath is Calgary. Did you attend an in person event at Calgary or you got the invite from an Calgary office? Also where do you live and are you an online applicant? Thank you!
Just saw your is an online and you are from Winnipeg. Was your oath invite for an in person ceremony?

MichaelAp

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10-12-2019
Test invite email came from Vancouver. Oath invite email came from Calgary. Oath was online. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I am an online applicant!

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Same here. There is no evidence that ordering GCMS notes or calling helps. However, you might get some insights that, which can be helpful to understand the delay with LPP. The best way is just to forget about your application. You gotta accept it is out of your control. But, yes, I also wish for some good news this week as well :) Canada Day is coming, nevertheless.
Amen

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hey all,

Like Everyone else my LPP was stuck in in-progress for almost three months. I sent a note to IRCC using web form with all my details and last Friday LPP has been moved to completed state. Not sure if web form had any effect on this or this was supposed to happen anyway. But I believe those who are stuck in LPP, can try IRCC web form. Or wait for a week, as we see many dec applicants have been getting updates over last two weeks.
Congratulations

while there is no real providence if a web form helps, I personally think it does at some level influence the system to push your file fwd or “revive” it from the ashes.

One question pls, how long between the web form and LPP and did they even respond to your web form?

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test invite email came from Vancouver. Oath invite email came from Calgary. Oath was online. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I am an online applicant!
We live in Calgary. Our test invite was from vancouver, but my wife's oath invite came from SK/MB. Funny how our location and oath invites are reversed.

• Haha
Reactions: MichaelAp

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Hi Admin, please add me to the tracker. I’d applied from Vancouver. Thank you!

Submitted online: Dec 10, 2022
AOR: Jan 3, 2023
Police certificate requested: Jan 3, 2023
Test invite: Feb 27, 2023
Fingerprints requested: Feb 27, 2023
Test taken: Mar 12, 2023
Fingerprints received: Mar 20, 2023
BG completed: Mar 21, 2023
Test completed: Mar 22, 2023
Thanks a lot
But whoever gets an e-certificate gets an original too ??
And if I give the original, I keep none ?

Randomspider

Mar 28, 2023
Congratulations

while there is no real providence if a web form helps, I personally think it does at some level influence the system to push your file fwd or “revive” it from the ashes.

One question pls, how long between the web form and LPP and did they even respond to your web form?
I submitted webform on last Wednesday and my tracker got updated on last Friday. I did not get any response for the Web form yet. But similar thing happened for my wife, though. Her application was stuck in BG completed for like nine months and after submitting a web form, she got the test invite. Again, these things could be purely coincidental and IRCC normally handles files on case-by-case basis so we might not compare the journey of one's process with other. But, so far at least thrice we saw some updates after submitting the Web Form. Twice for my wife and once for myself.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks
But something is missing here.
If I have to give my original certificate to Service Canada for passport application, what do I keep ?!
Nowhere it says they keep it.

How to show proof of Canadian citizenship for adult passport applications
You must provide proof of Canadian citizenship if you’re applying for a new adult passport.
  • It has to be the original proof of citizenship document.
    • We do not accept photocopies, even if they’re signed.
  • We’ll return it to you once we verify it.
    • If you apply in person, we may verify the document and return it to you right away.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/citizenship-proof.html