+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sep 18, 2020
Hi, my last update was on March 28 ‘2023 for citizenship test completed, I still don’t see any progress for LPP yet. Should I call icc to check on the status? I don’t want my file to get lost in backlog post strike. I had given my test in india(outside Canada), and assuming the delay because of that

gillnavi

Mar 9, 2022
Received an email on friday about the language proof. That they don’t accept the academic IELTS and only accept general IELTS from Calgary office after a license of almost 3 months.. I don’t understand the logic of this.. IELTS is proof of english doesn’t matter Academic or general. My friend applied in the end of January 2023 and her oath is scheduled on June 21.

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
About to reach 15 weeks after test complete with no further status update on my application. Looks like it is stuck at LPP step. Vancouver processing office. Can anyone share the process of how to seek help from MP?

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi, my last update was on March 28 ‘2023 for citizenship test completed, I still don’t see any progress for LPP yet. Should I call icc to check on the status? I don’t want my file to get lost in backlog post strike. I had given my test in india(outside Canada), and assuming the delay because of that
I have similar timelines to you.

I have put an Access for Information request. It usually takes a month. Will keep this thread updated when I hear back.

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I tried to find some pattern and rational reason behind process delays but based on data in this forum, this is just random and at the discretion of the processing office/officer it seems. I gave my exam from Canada. It was completed on 10th March and since then radio silence. My application s being proceed in Vancouver office. The same office which approved my friends application from Jan 2023. He is scheduled for oath next month and we have similar application background….

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Received an email on friday about the language proof. That they don’t accept the academic IELTS and only accept general IELTS from Calgary office after a license of almost 3 months.. I don’t understand the logic of this.. IELTS is proof of english doesn’t matter Academic or general. My friend applied in the end of January 2023 and her oath is scheduled on June 21.
Send your WES or Any degree copy which is in English. That should do.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
It explicitly states IELTS general.

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
I got an update to attend an interview. Is this normal ???

Did anyone else got anything like this ?
congrats
its a positive sign that your journey is coming to end

Reactions: tvm0471

Samfswquery

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
I have similar timelines to you.

I have put an Access for Information request. It usually takes a month. Will keep this thread updated when I hear back.
There is nothing much in GCMS notes, Atleast for mine, usually it just tells the detailed steps of whatever happened until now, Most probably if there is no request from anyone, you will just get an answer, file is waiting for a review from the Officer!

Reactions: moody16

yuan0107

Feb 15, 2023
Hi friends, can someone gives me any ideas about my issue?
IRCC asks me for the police clearance certificate. My case is a little tricky. I had a long trip and stayed 534 days continually in a foreign country from 2017 to mid-2019. But since my application date is in Dec 2022, in the past four years immediately before my application (the required range for a police clearance certificate), I only stayed 178 days continually in a foreign country (from 2018 to mid-2019). In my case, the police clearance certificate is not applicable to me, right? Dose any one have or hear the same situation as mine?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi friends, can someone gives me any ideas about my issue?
IRCC asks me for the police clearance certificate. My case is a little tricky. I had a long trip and stayed 534 days continually in a foreign country from 2017 to mid-2019. But since my application date is in Dec 2022, in the past four years immediately before my application (the required range for a police clearance certificate), I only stayed 178 days continually in a foreign country (from 2018 to mid-2019). In my case, the police clearance certificate is not applicable to me, right? Dose any one have or hear the same situation as mine?
I would provide a PCC for this stay... You are very close to the 180 day mark and IRCC may ask you to provide PCC even if it is less than 180 days in some cases... There are several anecdotal reports in this forum of IRCC asking PCC even if stay was less than 180 consecutive days

If you don't provide it initially and later you are asked to, it's only going to delay your application