+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Amiralijoonz

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
received the oath invitation email just now, one week before. no E cert email so hopefully they approve my request while checking in

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Today I received the email invitation for video oath ceremony. Scheduled for June 22nd 2023!

EDIT: I have to drive down to the US for a Nexus interview on the 25th but my PR card will be cut up during the ceremony. Will I need to reschedule or can I enter Canada without the card?

Last edited:
Reactions: forw.jane

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Today I received the email invitation for video oath ceremony. Scheduled for June 22nd 2023!

EDIT: I have to drive down to the US for a Nexus interview on the 25th but my PR card will be cut up during the ceremony. Will I need to reschedule or can I enter Canada without the card?
When was your LPP marked complete?

For Nexus, you'll need to present a copy of your Citizenship Cert to updated the records... I would recommend you postpone your interview until you get your Citizenship Cert and Canadian Passport

Reactions: garbimba

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
When was your LPP marked complete?

For Nexus, you'll need to present a copy of your Citizenship Cert to updated the records... I would recommend you postpone your interview until you get your Citizenship Cert and Canadian Passport
LPP marked complete June 13th 2023 but I only saw it updated in the portal today June 15th.

RE: Nexus, I was "conditionally approved" in December 2022 so I have until December 2023 to complete the interview, right? As it stands I would need to hope I get an e-certificate before my Nexus interview, or I should push my Nexus interview out to 4+ weeks.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
LPP marked complete June 13th 2023 but I only saw it updated in the portal today June 15th.

RE: Nexus, I was "conditionally approved" in December 2022 so I have until December 2023 to complete the interview, right? As it stands I would need to hope I get an e-certificate before my Nexus interview, or I should push my Nexus interview out to 4+ weeks.
One thing you can do for Nexus interview is go ahead and attend it. Since you are using the land border, they can't deny you entry. Travel with your destroyed PR card, (e)COPR, oath invite letter, and oath form copy. These documents should be sufficient to get you back in.

When you get to the Interview tell them that you are now Canadian and you haven't received your Citizenship Certificate yet. Once you get your Certificate and Passport, you'll have to go back to the enrolment centre, to update your file. You'll also need to pay for an updated nexus card this time to reflect the change in citizenship (if required). For document updates, I believe, you do not need a scheduled appointment. You can walk in to update your documents (at least this is the case in Vancouver, BC - Blaine, WA)

Let us know how it goes :)

Last edited:

fcbarcelona12

Jun 7, 2023
Hi, so my wife has to retake her citizenship test due to “Technical Difficulty or the required ID used was not correct”, can someone confirm me if she doesn’t have her local driving license here, which ID should she use for her test?

Reactions: Monsta

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
One thing you can do for Nexus interview is go ahead and attend it. Since you are using the land border, they can't deny you entry. Travel with your destroyed PR card, (e)COPR, oath invite letter, and oath form copy. These documents should be sufficient to get you back in.

When you get to the Interview tell them that you are now Canadian and you haven't received your Citizenship Certificate yet. Once you get your Certificate and Passport, you'll have to go back to the enrolment centre, to update your file. You'll also need to pay for an updated nexus card this time to reflect the change in citizenship (if required). For document updates, I believe, you do not need a scheduled appointment. You can walk in to update your documents (at least this is the case in Vancouver, BC - Blaine, WA)

Let us know how it goes :)
You're not trying to strand me in the States, are you? ;) With no US travel booked this year, I think it will make more sense to move the Nexus interview appointment to September/October so I can do the oath on Tuesday and not have to pay any additional fees to update my Nexus. Thank you for the clarification!

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hi, so my wife has to retake her citizenship test due to “Technical Difficulty or the required ID used was not correct”, can someone confirm me if she doesn’t have her local driving license here, which ID should she use for her test?
So sorry to hear that…Which ID did she capture for the test?

According to the test email I received, she can use any of these to take the test:
* a valid government issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, health card, photo card) or
* a permanent resident (PR) card (valid or expired)

The only IDs allowed are the ones issued by the govt of Canada.

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Simply she can use her PR card

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
Hi All, any tips will be appreciated.
Applied: Dec 15, 2022
AOR: Jan 5, 2023
Background complete: Feb 10, 2023
Test complete: Mar 20, 2023

No updates after. Reach out on the test email for an update? Anyone with similar timelines?

Reactions: Jojo!86 and Monsta

Amiralijoonz

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Hi All, any tips will be appreciated.
Applied: Dec 15, 2022
AOR: Jan 5, 2023
Background complete: Feb 10, 2023
Test complete: Mar 20, 2023

No updates after. Reach out on the test email for an update? Anyone with similar timelines?
Yeah, email the office who sent the test email. Do you know which office sent you ?

Reactions: skidmarkz