+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I haven't seen a single ghost update on my profile yet. What does it even look like? What changes?
In a ghost update only the date on the top right corner changes. Nothing else. I don’t know for sure why it happens but most of the time it could be system triggered or an agent looked at it and got tiered before making any actual change :D

Reactions: Monsta and derkdsou

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Does the date stay changed or go back to what it was?
In a ghost update only the date on the top right corner changes. Nothing else. I don’t know for sure why it happens but most of the time it could be system triggered or an agent looked at it and got tiered before making any actual change :D

ironhead

Jun 8, 2023
My understanding regarding delays in LPP for Vancouver / other places:

If days count is close to 1095, there will be a check with CBSA. This can take 1 to 2 months. If the person also traveled outside of Canada then more likely to have a check with CBSA.

sumadura

May 11, 2023

If days count is close to 1095, there will be a check with CBSA. This can take 1 to 2 months. If the person also traveled outside of Canada then more likely to have a check with CBSA.
That doesn'r explain delays after LPP is complete. I'm waiting for an invitation for the Oath Ceremony for more than a month now. That doesn't make any sense given ceremonies are happening almost every day and applicants applied much later are being invited while my Oath is still In Progress...

Is there anything I can do to speed up an invitation? I'm worried that my application is in stuck for no reason...

ironhead

Jun 8, 2023
That doesn'r explain delays after LPP is complete. I'm waiting for an invitation for the Oath Ceremony for more than a month now. That doesn't make any sense given ceremonies are happening almost every day and applicants applied much later are being invited while my Oath is still In Progress...

Is there anything I can do to speed up an invitation? I'm worried that my application is in stuck for no reason...
Did you have a delay prior to LPP (or for LPP)? That might have put your profile in some secondary queue that's being processed by a 65 year old at snail speed!

sumadura

May 11, 2023
Did you have a delay prior to LPP (or for LPP)? That might have put your profile in some secondary queue that's being processed by a 65 year old at snail speed!
The delay between citizenship test and LPP was almost 40 days during the strike period (so it has nothing to do with my slowness). From where have you got this inmformation about secondary queue?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Since one of the Ps is physical presence, it is obvious that it is verified by/with CBSA. So, what is part of the normal process is not a "delay" per se. I'm going to assume that all presence claims are checked against CBSA data, but there may be especial scrutiny where the days present reported by an applicant do not match the CBSA total -- this scenario might trigger a secondary check even if the legitimate total is still above 1,095. (Hence why IRCC recommends not cutting it super close to 1,095.)

Delays are mainly driven by caseload burdens for specific offices and a lack of FIFO.

Last edited:

ironhead

Jun 8, 2023
The delay between citizenship test and LPP was almost 40 days during the strike period (so it has nothing to do with my slowness). From where have you got this inmformation about secondary queue?
Since one of the Ps is physical presence, it is obvious that it is verified by/with CBSA. So, what is part of the normal processed is not a "delay" per se. I'm going to assume that all presence claims are checked against CBSA data, but there may be especial scrutiny where the days present reported by an applicant do not match the CBSA total -- this scenario might trigger a secondary check even if the legitimate total is still above 1,095. (Hence why IRCC recommends not cutting it super close to 1,095.)

Delays are mainly driven by caseload burdens for specific offices and a lack of FIFO.
This logic does not explain one file being delayed for 3-4 months from the same PO while other one getting expeditedly processed.

If all files were to he CBSA audited then there won't be the checkmark to permit day count being evaluated via CBSA check. It's probably only done when candidate has a travel history and count is close to 1095.

ironhead

Jun 8, 2023
Of course there must be more than 1 queue. The rest is a guess.

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
*Vancouver Office*

Type: Online application

Application: Single

Application sent: December 02

Delivered: December 02

AOR: December 21

Ghost update Feb 9 & 10

Test invitation: February 22 (Window 27-March20)

Fingerprint request: March 1

Finger print submitted: March 4

Test Taken on March 9

Test completed: March 15 (Updated on the 17)

BG completed: March 20 (Updated on the 22)

LPP completed: May 26 (Updated on the 30th)

Citizenship oath in progress June 7 (Updated on June 9) to appear on the 27th

Some guidance from our friends who took the oath please
1-What documents to take with me?
2-How do I know if it is online or in person ?
3-When should I expect the email?

Good luck everyone

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
*Vancouver Office*

Type: Online application

Application: Single

Application sent: December 02

Delivered: December 02

AOR: December 21

Ghost update Feb 9 & 10

Test invitation: February 22 (Window 27-March20)

Fingerprint request: March 1

Finger print submitted: March 4

Test Taken on March 9

Test completed: March 15 (Updated on the 17)

BG completed: March 20 (Updated on the 22)

LPP completed: May 26 (Updated on the 30th)

Citizenship oath in progress June 7 (Updated on June 9) to appear on the 27th

Some guidance from our friends who took the oath please
1-What documents to take with me?
2-How do I know if it is online or in person ?
3-When should I expect the email?

Good luck everyone
You would get answer to 1 and 2 in the email. If you don't get email 6 days before the ceremony you can contact IRCC. You should get it next week though.