+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Toluokojie

May 4, 2016
Oh wow, I was told it was at Niagara. Two situations happened to me in the last month. I changed my address and applied for UP. Could this have changed my processing center?

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for those of us still in LPP, whiles others with similar timeline are close to taking oath, should try to see if we have anything in common. Other than being assigned to immigration officers that are slow to process our applications, we can try to see if something is slowing down our LPP. For example, extensive travel history or residing in the US or some other country as an immigrant. I for example was in the US. Maybe they are trying to do a US background check on me that is slowing down LPP?

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
for those of us still in LPP, whiles others with similar timeline are close to taking oath, should try to see if we have anything in common. Other than being assigned to immigration officers that are slow to process our applications, we can try to see if something is slowing down our LPP. For example, extensive travel history or residing in the US or some other country as an immigrant. I for example was in the US. Maybe they are trying to do a US background check on me that is slowing down LPP?
My travel history is next to nothing. I went outside Canada once for a month. That's it. I think it's just slow processing from certain locations.

Reactions: skidmarkz

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I do have extensive travel history, a couple of passports, and citizenships. However, everything was straightforward, and all documents were provided. Nevertheless, my colleague, who also applied for the Citizenship grant in March 2022, has the simplest application ever possible in our Solar System, with no travel history, and is still waiting for the citizenship test. Pardon me for my "hot take", but let me dare to suggest that there are just lazy *ss, incompetent people who are not doing their job.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Oh wow, I was told it was at Niagara. Two situations happened to me in the last month. I changed my address and applied for UP. Could this have changed my processing center?
Mine was at Niagara Falls too, but then i received my test invite last week from Mississauga, just like you. I called them today to ask for confirmation and they said a lot of Niagara Falls applications are being redistributed for load balancing.

From what i have heard, Mississauga is faster (relatively), so its a good thing.

Toluokojie

May 4, 2016
Mine was at Niagara Falls too, but then i received my test invite last week from Mississauga, just like you. I called them today to ask for confirmation and they said a lot of Niagara Falls applications are being redistributed for load balancing.

From what i have heard, Mississauga is faster (relatively), so its a good thing.
Hmm thanks for this update

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
My travel history is next to nothing. I went outside Canada once for a month. That's it. I think it's just slow processing from certain locations.
Fellow SCR here!

I traveled to India a couple of times, and I am currently in the US. Gave my test on April 4th & the test was marked completed. Then no movement

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
According to a recent report from the Parliamentary Budget Officer, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is actually over-staffed when it comes to processing immigration applications ‘IRCC is estimated to have 65% more staff than would be required to meet the goal’ of its own service standards, the PBO reports.

Plus, fewer and fewer people choose to apply for Canadian citizenship once they become eligible. According to recent Statistics Canada data, fewer than half of recent Canadian immigrants choose to apply for citizenship after their five-year wait period is up.

fcbarcelona12

Jun 7, 2023
Hey everyone! My wife and I completed our test, we both passed. My citizenship status had changed to completed but her was in progress and now after two months they have emailed my wife to retake the test because there was a technical issue, has anyone faced similar issue?

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I have an extensive travel history with travel to Eu and Middle East every 2 months … idk if this has anything to do with slowinf my application. Test done May 1st

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Hey everyone! My wife and I completed our test, we both passed. My citizenship status had changed to completed but her was in progress and now after two months they have emailed my wife to retake the test because there was a technical issue, has anyone faced similar issue?
First time i hear about such unfortunate case :( she will have to retake it there is no other way around this
Best of luck