+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
Hello All,
Received my oath ceremony email today which is scheduled for June 13. I believe we need to be physically present in Canada to take the oath ceremony even if the event is online. Unfortunately I am in my home country now and will be back in Canada by end of June, hadn't expected my application to be processed this quickly. So, when I reschedule my oath ceremony via email, do I get a confirmation regarding that how much time does IRCC usually takes to reschedule?

AzureGekko

Mar 27, 2023
hello, after passing the citizenship test will there be a test interview? or do i just have to wait for the oath taking?

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hello All,
Received my oath ceremony email today which is scheduled for June 13. I believe we need to be physically present in Canada to take the oath ceremony even if the event is online. Unfortunately I am in my home country now and will be back in Canada by end of June, hadn't expected my application to be processed this quickly. So, when I reschedule my oath ceremony via email, do I get a confirmation regarding that how much time does IRCC usually takes to rescheduled. He did his oath early April
I would suggest to go back for the oath if you can. My cousin delayed his path cause he was getting married last year, he waited around 8 months to hear back from ircc and get it rescheduled

• Wow
Reactions: derkdsou

oola29

Mar 7, 2023
This is normal, some online applicants are asked to submit scanned passport pages (all pages in colour). I got one too
I got an update this morning
Online application, single
Submitted- Dec 05
Aor-dec 21
Background completed-Feb 09
Citizenship test update - Feb 22
Test taken - Feb 27
GU-Mar 2
Test completed on tracker-March 3
Test updated - March 7
Passport page request received-May 29
Sent back - May 29
LPP complete-May 30
Updated on tracker-June 1
Oath - not started

Passport request shows my application is being processed in Calgary. Test invite was from Vancouver.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All,
Received my oath ceremony email today which is scheduled for June 13. I believe we need to be physically present in Canada to take the oath ceremony even if the event is online. Unfortunately I am in my home country now and will be back in Canada by end of June, hadn't expected my application to be processed this quickly. So, when I reschedule my oath ceremony via email, do I get a confirmation regarding that how much time does IRCC usually takes to reschedule?
As @Xxsaraxx said there are cases where rescheduling was stuck for months. But quick for others. Better to come back if you can.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Oath invitation!! June 21st

May 12 LPP completed

Test completed March 7th

Application submitted Dec 1st 2022

Cheers

Reactions: ersandee

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I got an update this morning
Online application, single
Submitted- Dec 05
Aor-dec 21
Background completed-Feb 09
Citizenship test update - Feb 22
Test taken - Feb 27
GU-Mar 2
Test completed on tracker-March 3
Test updated - March 7
Passport page request received-May 29
Sent back - May 29
LPP complete-May 30
Updated on tracker-June 1
Oath - not started

Passport request shows my application is being processed in Calgary. Test invite was from Vancouver.
I recently received a passport request as well on May 30th. Send passports the same day. However, the request came from DNCITVANTESTS@cic.gc.ca . I noticed the tendency that the request, once sent, is usually processed fairly fast. Do you have an extensive travelling history, so they had to cross-check with your passport stamps?

Reactions: Jojo!86

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hoping June brings the energy and excitement we've all been waiting for! Also, self-administered oaths could become a thing this month, and I'm keeping an eye out on the gazette for updates - fingers crossed! I'm dreaming of a June where I can have my LPP completed and do the oath myself. Wishful, I know, but you gotta manifest right? Haha

oola29

Mar 7, 2023
I recently received a passport request as well on May 30th. Send passports the same day. However, the request came from DNCITVANTESTS@cic.gc.ca . I noticed the tendency that the request, once sent, is usually processed fairly fast. Do you have an extensive travelling history, so they had to cross-check with your passport stamps?
No I don't. I have not stepped out of Canada since becoming a PR. I was wondering why as well

Reactions: Monsta