+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

niveditha024

Jul 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I am one of the unfortunate ones - my application got sent to the Niagara Falls office (even though I live in Guelph).

My background check was completed on Feb 22, 2023 but I still haven't received the test invite yet. And I see that a lot of people have finished the test a long time ago and are getting oath invitations.

This is seriously disheartening, but I am trying to be positive. Any advice on how I can nudge them to speed up my application?

Timeline:
App Sent and received - Dec 28, 2022
AOR: Jan 13, 2023
BG Complete: Feb 22, 2023

NOTHING after that.
I have a similar timeline as yours and no update after background check completed on Feb 14th. :(
But I still don't know my processing office.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
If you look at the email address you received your citizenship test invitation from, there should be a three letter code for the office: SCR stands for Scarborough, NGR for Niagara, MIS for Sauga, and so on.

I have a similar timeline as yours and no update after background check completed on Feb 14th. :(

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
No, this was just an "fyi" kinda banner. You don't need to do anything.

Same here. However, There’s no pending activity in the tracker. In that case, do I need to do anything or miss anything? Do i need to contact IRCC to do anything?

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
I have oath ceremony coming up in about 9 days but haven’t received an official email yet. Is this normal or should i contact them?

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
You guys are not unfortunate ones..You are lucky, processing started and in progress with less than 6 months. There are majority of people’s waiting since late 2021 and early 2022 to complete the process. You should appreciate and be grateful :)

Reactions: Xxsaraxx

rizmustafa

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Did anyone get background check completed after they took test? I took test on April 25 and still no background verification.
Took the test on 11th April, marked complete on 17th April. Still waiting for background check to be completed. As someone suggested, I have today emailed RCMP with my fingerprint DCN info in the hopes that it moves things along.