+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
maybe our visa office is just slow
how long are you guys going to wait before raising a webform enquiry into this?
my test window was 27feb-19mar so hoping for it to reflect changes before mar 19

DSEuro78

Jun 18, 2017
my test window was 27feb-19mar so hoping for it to reflect changes before mar 19
When did you take the test?

elizale

Nov 28, 2014
HI all,

I want to ask about the citizenship test. How can I choose the language for the test?
I applied the Citizenship using English. However, for proof of language, I used my French degree.
So when I take the citizenship, do I need to take the test in French? Or is there option for me to choose English for taking the test?

Thank you.

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
HI all,

I want to ask about the citizenship test. How can I choose the language for the test?
I applied the Citizenship using English. However, for proof of language, I used my French degree.
So when I take the citizenship, do I need to take the test in French? Or is there option for me to choose English for taking the test?

Thank you.
before you start they will offer you an option to choose English or French.
no need to take it in french even if you have used a french degree as proof

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Curious why you are saying its just slow? The timeline is still 12-24 months. I applied for my wife in Dec and she just passed her test, we thought it was quite fast. When I applied mine in Feb 2021, my invite to test wasnt till end of Sep! So wait for a bit, your time will come.

DSEuro78

Jun 18, 2017
Curious why you are saying its just slow? The timeline is still 12-24 months. I applied for my wife in Dec and she just passed her test, we thought it was quite fast. When I applied mine in Feb 2021, my invite to test wasnt till end of Sep! So wait for a bit, your time will come.
Referring to the tracker updating AFTER the test. It seems fast for some and slow for others.

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
In my application status, background verification shows completed and the citizenship test is in progress and I see a message which says I am scheduled to take citizenship test online between March 13, 2023 and April 3, 2023. So Will there be a separate email to schedule a date and should I be expecting that after March 13? I received no emails regarding this updates

DSEuro78

Jun 18, 2017
In my application status, background verification shows completed and the citizenship test is in progress and I see a message which says I am scheduled to take citizenship test online between March 13, 2023 and April 3, 2023. So Will there be a separate email to schedule a date and should I be expecting that after March 13? I received no emails regarding this updates
You'll get an email with attached letter explaining how to take the test. I received the email 4 days after the tracker updated.

Reactions: Shiv_CR7

eeedith

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
my tracker has updated that test completed March 7th (although it just got posted today)

Application history
4 new update(s)

• Mar 7, 2023

Activity status updated: Citizenship test New update
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 3, 2023

Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between March 3, 2023 and March 23, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Feb 27, 2023

Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Feb 23, 2023

Activity status updated: Background verification New update
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 17, 2023

Application filed New update
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Toluokojie

May 4, 2016
my tracker has updated that test completed March 7th (although it just got posted today)

Application history
4 new update(s)

• Mar 7, 2023

Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 3, 2023

Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between March 3, 2023 and March 23, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Feb 27, 2023

Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Feb 23, 2023

Activity status updated: Background verification New update
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 17, 2023

Application filed New update
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
this is fast, nice one

Redbritman

Feb 19, 2023
Mine updated today. Took the test on March 5th