+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi all,

I have a question - I'm planning to travel to India in September and thinking of booking my tickets this week with my Indian passport. I have applied for citizenship in Dec 2022 and I wanted to know if I can defer my citizenship test and/or oath swearing to after my trip to India.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Please advise since I'll have to enter my Indian passport details on my ticket if I buy them this week.

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hi all,

I have a question - I'm planning to travel to India in September and thinking of booking my tickets this week with my Indian passport. I have applied for citizenship in Dec 2022 and I wanted to know if I can defer my citizenship test and/or oath swearing to after my trip to India.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Please advise since I'll have to enter my Indian passport details on my ticket if I buy them this week.
Yes you can. I did something similar at the end of 2021. You just need to use the webform to inform IRCC that you will be away for a while.
Please be aware that this may delay your application.

MichaelAp

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10-12-2019
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1111
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: December 5
Delivered: December 5
AOR: December 22
In progress: December 24
Hi guys,
I did not receive any ghost update as I check my online account everyday since the start of the month. But my application was updated today, no emails, just online!

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1111
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: December 5, 2022
Delivered: December 5, 2022
AOR: December 22, 2022
In progress: December 24, 2022
Background completed: February 14, 2023
Updated February 16.

Wishing everyone speed!

Mancoyvib

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Is this the AOR letter?

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.
All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes you, you will need to:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights
and responsibilities of citizenship.
The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass.
• The study guide is available on the IRCC website at:
canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-cizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/ become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html. On the same page, you will find more information on how to prepare for the test.
When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear from us.
Contact information
It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. addres

MichaelAp

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10-12-2019
Is this the AOR letter?

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.
All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes you, you will need to:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights
and responsibilities of citizenship.
The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass.
• The study guide is available on the IRCC website at:
canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-cizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/ become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html. On the same page, you will find more information on how to prepare for the test.
When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear from us.
Contact information
It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. addres
Yes this is your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)

Reactions: Mancoyvib

Mubin8863@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2017
Hello everyone,
Today in tracker it is showing 11 new update .
Where i can see whats the update ?
I did not receive any email regarding this
Online application - 9 Dec
AOR - 29 Dec

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1350
Application: Single
Application sent: December 9
Delivered: December 12
AOR: February 16

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Yes you can. I did something similar at the end of 2021. You just need to use the webform to inform IRCC that you will be away for a while.
Please be aware that this may delay your application.
Thank you. Alternatively, is there a way to purchase airline tickets where you can update your passport information with new (Canadian passport) later before you travel?

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Thank you. Alternatively, is there a way to purchase airline tickets where you can update your passport information with new (Canadian passport) later before you travel?
Better option would be to go on India passport and let IRCC know to avoid scheduling citizenship ceremonies or anything else during that time. The reason is after even you get Canadian passport you have to go through 2 processes. 1.) surrender your Indian passport 2.) apply for Indian VISA/OCI. Both the processes may take anything from 2 to 3 months even if you don’t waste a single day between the processes.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Better option would be to go on India passport and let IRCC know to avoid scheduling citizenship ceremonies or anything else during that time. The reason is after even you get Canadian passport you have to go through 2 processes. 1.) surrender your Indian passport 2.) apply for Indian VISA/OCI. Both the processes may take anything from 2 to 3 months even if you don’t waste a single day between the processes.
Fair enough - if i get to select a test date for May/June time frame which I defer, do you think I could still get citizenship this year? October/Nov/Dec? How long does it take to get a new date once you defer?

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
To be honest, from last 3 years the process is very unpredictable so can’t say. There is a high chance that you may but again it depends on lot of factors and the office your application is being processed. One of my friend got test in Oct and he is still waiting for oath ceremony where another friend applied in aug and got the oath ceremony invite already.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
To be honest, from last 3 years the process is very unpredictable so can’t say. There is a high chance that you may but again it depends on lot of factors and the office your application is being processed. One of my friend got test in Oct and he is still waiting for oath ceremony where another friend applied in aug and got the oath ceremony invite already.
Is there any way to find out which office is processing my application?