Physical Presence Days: 1280
Application: Single
Application sent: December 02
Delivered: December 02
AOR: December 20

Last edited:

Mikana

Dec 22, 2022
Is it true, that online applications get AOR quicker? The tracker shows they are, I am wondering if it is a trend? Does it mean quicker overall processing times?

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
  1. "Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last 5 years" - does this refer to taxes filed in Canada only ? I lived in USA in 2017 and 2018 and I may not have record of that tax filing. I filed in 2019, 2020 and 2021 in Canada and I have proof of those. So for 2017 and 2018, should I fill “ taxes filed “ as NO? Then should I say NO to “required to file” ?
  2. "Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?" - Do i need to mention F1 or H1B status that i would have had in the past?
  3. "Enter details of all your employment and education history in the past 5 years (your eligibility period)" - any period that i was volunteering should i mention those details or just mark it as "unemployed" ?
  4. "Do you have proof of knowledge of English or French?" - can i submit 5 years old IELTS report though its expired? Should i also add degree from USA university where i did Masters?

Thanks for replying.

Last edited:

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
  1. "Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last 5 years" - does this refer to taxes filed in Canada only ? I lived in USA in 2017 and 2018 and I may not have record of that tax filing. I filed in 2019, 2020 and 2021 in Canada and I have proof of those. So for 2017 and 2018, should I fill “ taxes filed “ as NO? Then should I say NO to “required to file” ?
  2. "Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?" - Do i need to mention F1 or H1B status that i would have had in the past?
  3. "Enter details of all your employment and education history in the past 5 years (your eligibility period)" - any period that i was volunteering should i mention those details or just mark it as "unemployed" ?
  4. "Do you have proof of knowledge of English or French?" - can i submit 5 years old IELTS report though its expired? Should i also add degree from USA university where i did Masters?

Thanks for replying.
1. Yes, for 2017 & 2018: "taxes filed" and "required to file" both are NO
2. Yes, all immigration status including visitor visas, student visas, work visas, any other type of visas or immigration/refugee/asylee status, and all of your current citizenships
3. No. You should state it as is: Volunteer (paid or unpaid)
4. Yes, IELTS (General) expired that you used to immigrate to Canada is sufficient

Reactions: MichaelAp

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
1. Yes, for 2017 & 2018: "taxes filed" and "required to file" both are NO
2. Yes, all immigration status including visitor visas, student visas, work visas, any other type of visas or immigration/refugee/asylee status, and all of your current citizenships
3. No. You should state it as is: Volunteer (paid or unpaid)
4. Yes, IELTS (General) expired that you used to immigrate to Canada is sufficient
Thanks for the reply. Student and work visas are USA non-immigrant visas, correct? Also, I was volunteering at 4 places in parallel - all unpaid. Do i mention each individually?
Also, did anyone have questions raised about or do i need to explain why my company was in a different state and my home address was a different state while i was working in USA on H1B?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Thanks for the reply. Student and work visas are USA non-immigrant visas, correct? Also, I was volunteering at 4 places in parallel - all unpaid. Do i mention each individually?
Also, did anyone have questions raised about or do i need to explain why my company was in a different state and my home address was a different state while i was working in USA on H1B?
Yes, they are non-immigrant visas.
Yes, all 4 of them individually
No explanation necessary. US will share all information with Canada and vice-versa, same with NZ, UK, AU

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
No explanation necessary. US will share all information with Canada and vice-versa, same with NZ, UK, AU
If F1 and H1B are non-immigrant visa status, then dont you think they should not be mentioned?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
If F1 and H1B are non-immigrant visa status, then dont you think they should not be mentioned?
ALL visas immigrant or non-immigration or temporary protected status or temporary resident status or Refugee status or Asylee status and ALL citizenships MUST be disclosed

xiaogrove

Dec 23, 2022
Hi, there, just online submitted, 2022-Dec-23.
but I find a small error in my application, what bump.
There is an address where the Country selection got wrong while the rest of street name and number and code all right.
Do I need to do anything? How to correct it.