Delivered: Dec 17 2022
AOR Received: Jan 9 2023
Background Check Complete: Feb 16 2023
Test Invite Received: Mar 06 2023
Citizenship Test Completed: Mar 25 2023

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Finally saw the test invite update on the tracker account. Haven't received an email yet with instructions. The test window is Mar 31, 2023-Apr 20, 2023. Need to wait for the email, and let them know that I want to take the test from the US. Hopefully, that doesn't increase the processing time of downstream steps. Timelines below:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1122
Application: Single
Application sent: Dec 28 2022
Delivered: Dec 28 2022
AOR Received: Jan 13 2023
Background Check Complete: Mar 9 2023
Test Invite Update on Tracker: Mar 23 2023
Yet to receive the test invite email.

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Completed the test today online. My camera disconnected on the last question (?) and it logged me out. Logged back in to finish it off with a minute or so. I had 3 questions to review when it disconnected so hopefully they don’t think thats suspicious

Samfswquery

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Just a curious question, May be I am missing something here as I only follow this group and nothing else,

‘Why are people in this group is surprised or expecting LPP to finish soon, I am assuming most people who applied in December would have sone their test recently in March or Feb, so why the expectation?
My assumption is that it takes 4-6 months to get your Oath done after you had done your Test.

Can someone clarify if they know something I am missing?

Redbritman

Feb 19, 2023
Just a curious question, May be I am missing something here as I only follow this group and nothing else,

‘Why are people in this group is surprised or expecting LPP to finish soon, I am assuming most people who applied in December would have sone their test recently in March or Feb, so why the expectation?
My assumption is that it takes 4-6 months to get your Oath done after you had done your Test.

I enjoy the ones who are going on vacation in May and think they’ll have their passport by then…. Or the ones complaining their file is moving slow when they applied 3 months ago. There’s others who’ve been waiting 2 years or more.

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
I enjoy the ones who are going on vacation in May and think they’ll have their passport by then…. Or the ones complaining their file is moving slow when they applied 3 months ago. There’s others who’ve been waiting 2 years or more.
your name is not showing in the Dec 2022 thread, I don't understand why you are dropping pointless comments here

tvm0471

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023

The primary reason the expectation been high is comparing to the covid years,is the fact that BG Update and test updates are coming in like 3 months, which used to take 6-8 months before, and whole process was like 12-24 months.

IRCC time line still says 23 months for citizenship applications, so the expectation is way too high for LPP. IRCC prioritize now within Canada applications to reduce the backlog , these are my assumptions only, based on the gazette
https://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2023/2023-02-25/html/reg1-eng.html . If that is approved the process will be quicker.

The average time line if you see the tracker shows that its on a downward trend and people applied on Aug/ Sep are getting Oath dates.
If this trend is on going we can expect LPP's for Dec applicants to be done by May-July. Oaths by Aug-Sep.
Realistically speaking i think 10-12 months is an average time and anything below that should be considered as a bonus.

eeedith

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023

If you look at the tracker, you will see the processing time has been reduced, at least for some cases (check out september, october, november month's trend)

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
hi guys , usually after RCMP released fingerprints result without any finding problem and citizenship test taken, what else issues that can get our application rejected?

and how many more months do we need until the oath?

thank you very much

Samfswquery

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
The primary reason the expectation been high is comparing to the covid years,is the fact that BG Update and test updates are coming in like 3 months, which used to take 6-8 months before, and whole process was like 12-24 months.

IRCC time line still says 23 months for citizenship applications, so the expectation is way too high for LPP. IRCC prioritize now within Canada applications to reduce the backlog , these are my assumptions only, based on the gazette
https://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2023/2023-02-25/html/reg1-eng.html . If that is approved the process will be quicker.

The average time line if you see the tracker shows that its on a downward trend and people applied on Aug/ Sep are getting Oath dates.
If this trend is on going we can expect LPP's for Dec applicants to be done by May-July. Oaths by Aug-Sep.
Realistically speaking i think 10-12 months is an average time and anything below that should be considered as a bonus.
Well that’s different but even after COVID times you cannot expect to get your passport within 1 month of your test being complete, I know a few people who’s timelines were exceptional and still they got the passport after 3 months of the test,

But May be I get your point, this comparison with precovid times and the human nature to expect more and more (because our first few steps went faster) seems like the reasons for the impatience, Well I will be happy if I or anyone else receives it faster but for now I will hibernate happily for next 3-4 months, Good Luck :)

Reactions: tvm0471