+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

azzysabroad

Feb 19, 2022
Hey guys, I submitted my application via DHL courier in December 2021 and it was delivered on the 8th of December and signed off on by an “Adam”. I still have yet to receive any confirmation from IRCC via email that the application was received— is this normal? I’ve not received the AOR1 or AOR2 yet but I was wondering if we are meant to receive any correspondence before that to let us know that the application was received. I also tried to link my application online through the GCKey portal but that didn’t work either. Both my husband and I currently live abroad.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hey guys, I submitted my application via DHL courier in December 2021 and it was delivered on the 8th of December and signed off on by an “Adam”. I still have yet to receive any confirmation from IRCC via email that the application was received— is this normal? I’ve not received the AOR1 or AOR2 yet but I was wondering if we are meant to receive any correspondence before that to let us know that the application was received. I also tried to link my application online through the GCKey portal but that didn’t work either. Both my husband and I currently live abroad.
It takes anywhere between 2-4 months for the first communication from IRCC. You will either get your AOR1 or your application will be returned if anything is missing. Only after AOR1 can you link your application.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
AOR2 is the AOR you may not may not get after the file has been transferred to the appropriate Visa Office (VO). That's a ways down the line yet. Many applicant's never even get an AOR2. Keep in mind, the timeline for AOR1 is about 93 days right now so give it another few weeks.

matifshoaib

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
24-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
Guys I used Canada Post Express (no signature on delivery). It stated that the same got delivered on the 03rd Dec 2021, but still no communication from IRCC. What are the chances that Canada Post has misplaced the package? I checked the tracking info and it stated 'Delivered' and I doubled check the address too, everything seems to be fine.
Just my anxiety is talking right now and making me to overthink why AOR hasn't been received yet.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys I used Canada Post Express (no signature on delivery). It stated that the same got delivered on the 03rd Dec 2021, but still no communication from IRCC. What are the chances that Canada Post has misplaced the package? I checked the tracking info and it stated 'Delivered' and I doubled check the address too, everything seems to be fine.
Just my anxiety is talking right now and making me to overthink why AOR hasn't been received yet.
Just your anxiety talking. Aor1 30-90 days is normal, lately a bit longer than 90 days not unusual.

Reactions: matifshoaib

matifshoaib

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
24-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
Hi,

I got AOR today but IRCC has requested for additional document from me which is a Marriage Certificate. It's strange because I have already submitted the same.

I tried to link the paper app today with CIC account, but it did not work. Since I’m unable to link the paper application with CIC account, would it be of similar speed, if I submit a Web Form through Case Specific Enquiry section?

Or I should courier the document?

SmokeTrails

Mar 1, 2022
Hi,

I got AOR today but IRCC has requested for additional document from me which is a Marriage Certificate. It's strange because I have already submitted the same.

I tried to link the paper app today with CIC account, but it did not work. Since I’m unable to link the paper application with CIC account, would it be of similar speed, if I submit a Web Form through Case Specific Enquiry section?

Or I should courier the document?
Hi, the same thing happened to me as well. I submitted through the webform, and I received a reply in 2 weeks saying that they had received my marriage certificate.

Reactions: matifshoaib

matifshoaib

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
24-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
Hi, the same thing happened to me as well. I submitted through the webform, and I received a reply in 2 weeks saying that they had received my marriage certificate.
Okay! Do you remember, when you are about to submit the Webform, it asks you to confirm the email address & date of birth before clicking on SUBMIT. To my surprise, the form is populating my email ID (who is the requestor of information) and my wife's date of birth (who is the principal applicant).

What should I do here?

I am thinking to keep my email ID but change the date of birth to me. Considering it as a glitch.

SmokeTrails

Mar 1, 2022
Okay! Do you remember, when you are about to submit the Webform, it asks you to confirm the email address & date of birth before clicking on SUBMIT. To my surprise, the form is populating my email ID (who is the requestor of information) and my wife's date of birth (who is the principal applicant).

What should I do here?

I am thinking to keep my email ID but change the date of birth to me. Considering it as a glitch.
I don't think thats an issue, because it specifically asks for the PA's date of birth and the email address is the enquirer's (yours).

matifshoaib

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
24-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
I don't think thats an issue, because it specifically asks for the PA's date of birth and the email address is the enquirer's (yours).
Oh no, I just changed the PA date of birth.
What should I do now?