+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi all!! We applied on December 4 via the online platform. Looking at the other months, it seems the AOR comes around 2 months to the day from the submission, That means we should all start seeing our AORs in February. This has been a long time coming and we are so excited!!! Good luck everyone!

Moji64

Dec 31, 2021
Hi guys,
I am a PR and recently married to my wife.
I am gathering the info and filling the forms to sponsor my spouse which is outside of Canada.
I am wondering if online application is more efficient than paper application or not? I can see most people have chosen Online!
Please help me if you know which one works better.

Thanks in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys,
I am a PR and recently married to my wife.
I am gathering the info and filling the forms to sponsor my spouse which is outside of Canada.
I am wondering if online application is more efficient than paper application or not? I can see most people have chosen Online!
Please help me if you know which one works better.

Thanks in advance
The online is only a pilot - obviously a lot of people would prefer to do online, but probably many are mistaken thinking it will be faster; so far there is zero evidence to support that idea.

Where it may make a difference for many is if organizing the scanned files back and forth and/or physically sending the application from abroad by courier is expensive or uncertain.

Short form: do whatever you prefer, but don't expect it'll be faster or more efficient on the IRCC end (ie. to your benefit); it's a pilot and could go worse (hypothetically).

If it's more efficient on your end and you prefer, by all means.

wafaa1994

Dec 31, 2021
Hey guys!

I applied for my wife's PR via online portal yesterday. Good luck everyone!

According to my knowledge, I have done everything rite except for the photo part I believe.

I have attached only one photo and did not do the back side with name and date.
Will it be an issue?
I have been trying to get answer to this as I only have a digital copy of the photo (no hard copy) so theres nothing written on the back. I was thinking of typing the information underneath the photo. Did they ever return your application or ask you to upload again?

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
Hi Guys!

I didn't notice this thread earlier, so created a different thread for Dec 2021. no one has replied in that thread yet :) . I think that thread is not required, is there any way I can delete that thread please let me know.

Thanks for creating this thread @ik_p

I have updated the tracker as well.

A quick question, as we all have submitted online application, cant we track the status of our application and receive all other notification within permanent resident portal itself ? do u think we still have to track application through "ECAS Application Status" and also create a "GC key account" ?

Little bit info abt my application.
  • I am PR in Canada, I am sponsoring my wife who lives in India. Current Application status - submitted, Application date - 2021/12/10 5:28 AM (UTC).
  • Created an account with my wife email ID in PR portal https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
  • Assigned myself as representative in IMM5476 and I helped my wife to complete the application. She just did the last declaration part and submitting part from India for just namesake :)
  • Most of the forms will be like online web form which u can fill and submit in the portal itself. But forms like IMM1344, IMM5532. IMM5476 were not like online web form, they were available in PDF format, which needs to be filled in manually through computer itself and needs to uploaded back in the portal, But the catch here is that, these forms require PA & sponsor signature. So to avoid the confusion, we printed - filled in the forms - got the forms signed by wife and myself - scanned the forms and then uploaded the forms in the portal. I saw a message in one of the threads where @BillionaireIsrael stated that, their application was returned the very next day for updates after submission as the forms (IMM1344 & IMM5532) were not signed, they were marked as incomplete. Thanks for the info @BillionaireIsrael. thread link for reference (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-spousal-pr-application.738188/post-9674887)
  • I also printed the checklist IMM5533 , as you cannot write N/A on the forms through computer.
Hi,
1. We have to validate the IMM1344 application and there is a pop-up on validation that we don't have to sign the form if we are submitting the application online. Did you get that pop-up message?
Or if we take the printout and sign the IMM1344. After the scan, are we allowed to validate the form? Can you please clarify?
2. In IMM5476, I am able to sign the document by just typing the full name, do I need to take out the printout, sign and scan it back.

Thanks

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi,
1. We have to validate the IMM1344 application and there is a pop-up on validation that we don't have to sign the form if we are submitting the application online. Did you get that pop-up message?
Or if we take the printout and sign the IMM1344. After the scan, are we allowed to validate the form? Can you please clarify?
2. In IMM5476, I am able to sign the document by just typing the full name, do I need to take out the printout, sign and scan it back.

Thanks
We didn't risk anything. We printed, signed, scanned, and uploaded all the forms that would require a signature. Because I was worried about the quality of the scanned barcodes, we uploaded both a signed and unsigned version of any of those that had barcodes so the unsigned version was the original digital barcode.

We also didn't just type our names as our signature unless the Guide said we could. I believe there was only 1 document that allowed that. Online is currently a pilot program so there are glitches and bugs they are trying to work out. Good luck!

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
We didn't risk anything. We printed, signed, scanned, and uploaded all the forms that would require a signature. Because I was worried about the quality of the scanned barcodes, we uploaded both a signed and unsigned version of any of those that had barcodes so the unsigned version was the original digital barcode.

We also didn't just type our names as our signature unless the Guide said we could. I believe there was only 1 document that allowed that. Online is currently a pilot program so there are glitches and bugs they are trying to work out. Good luck!
Thank you for the reply.
For online submission, how we have to submit the PR photo, we get the photo clicked as per IRCC requirements and scan the front and backside. After the scan, the photo specification might have changed, how to avoid that?

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Thank you for the reply.
For online submission, how we have to submit the PR photo, we get the photo clicked as per IRCC requirements and scan the front and backside. After the scan, the photo specification might have changed, how to avoid that?
My husband did the scan at 100% at a high resolution. He cut and pasted the scan onto a word doc and adjusted the size there and then saved it as a PDF. This way he was able to put both the photo and the scan of the back on the same page.

Reactions: deep60801

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
According to the Tracking Tool, it looks like the October online applicants are starting to get their AOR1s. There is 1 November app that got theirs but they were paper. Unfortunately that trends towards March/April for our AORs as the current timeline is~100 days. :confused: Hopefully they can start moving more quickly now though with study permit apps taking a short reprieve. Though with Omicron who knows if they still have anybody working. :rolleyes: I'm so over this pandemic in every way.

Reactions: Tall ganesh

Tall ganesh

Aug 15, 2017
According to the Tracking Tool, it looks like the October online applicants are starting to get their AOR1s. There is 1 November app that got theirs but they were paper. Unfortunately that trends towards March/April for our AORs as the current timeline is~100 days. :confused: Hopefully they can start moving more quickly now though with study permit apps taking a short reprieve. Though with Omicron who knows if they still have anybody working. :rolleyes: I'm so over this pandemic in every way.
Yeah, I also just checked the tracker. I would say it is a good sign that at least things are moving :)

manisingh2301

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Don’t loose hope you guys, it looks like things starts to move now. It is ME who got the AOR 1 from November batch by username Manpreet2301 in the Tracking Tool. I had no expectations that I would receive AOR 1 that soon after keep checking the Tracking Tool almost everyday. I am able to see my app in process on ECAS and also able to linked my app to GC Key account as well after receiving AOR 1.
I know the feeling of frustration and uncertainty hang in there it will come, best of luck!!!

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
Hello,
1. In the Spousal Online application(Outland), I have attached the notarized certificate along with the Original document (For eg: For Police Certificate, I attached the Original Copy on Page 1 and Translated (Notarized) copy on Page 2 in a single pdf). Is it the right way or do I need to upload the Notarized copies specifically in the 'Translated and affidavit section' again? Please suggest.

2. For forms IMM5476, IMM1344, IMM5532, we have printed, signed, and scanned. Do we need to upload them in the "Additional document" section or original where it asked to upload the specific documents.

Thanks,

Reactions: Tall ganesh