+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hello Everybody,

I'm filing an online application for sponsoring my wife. I've one doubt if anyone of you could please clear it.

Do I need to fill up IMM1283e - Financial Evaluation Form ?

Thank you.

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Is that form on the checklist?
Hi, thanks for acknowledging my question.

Yes It's there in check-list. But says, Only complete this form if the person you are sponsoring ( Your Spouse ) has one or more dependent child(ren).

That is why, I was having doubt whether any person did submit this form or not ? If they only sponsor their spouse not their child.

Thank you.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021

Yes It's there in check-list. But says, Only complete this form if the person you are sponsoring ( Your Spouse ) has one or more dependent child(ren).

That is why, I was having doubt whether any person did submit this form or not ? If they only sponsor their spouse not their child.

Thank you.
You mean your spouse has children but you are not sponsoring them?

India_001

Mar 4, 2022

Thank you.
Hey,
I reckon if you are merely sponsoring your spouse and no dependent children, you do not need to fill out financial evaluation. That's what we did in our case.
Although you would wanted to include your spouse's name in your beneficiary along with your pay slips. Might get handy in your sponsor approval. Correct me if I'm wrong. Hope that helps.

Reactions: pratik2525pratik25

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hey,
I reckon if you are merely sponsoring your spouse and no dependent children, you do not need to fill out financial evaluation. That's what we did in our case.
Although you would wanted to include your spouse's name in your beneficiary along with your pay slips. Might get handy in your sponsor approval. Correct me if I'm wrong. Hope that helps.

Thank you. Much Appreciated.

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
"Only complete this form if the person you are sponsoring ( Your Spouse ) has one or more dependent child(ren)."

We;re just going to have to leave this to you as a puzzle to figure out.
Lol. I appreciate your time given to answer me this silly question. I just wanted to get confirmation before it's too late after sending online application.

Thanks again.

Reactions: armoured

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
"Only complete this form if the person you are sponsoring ( Your Spouse ) has one or more dependent child(ren)."

We;re just going to have to leave this to you as a puzzle to figure out.

Correct me if i am wrong. You only need to fill this Financial Eveluation form if you are sponsoring your spouse and a dependent of your spouse and that dependent has a child of their own.

You do not need to fill this in if you are sponsoring your spouse or spouse and a dependent.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Correct me if i am wrong. You only need to fill this Financial Eveluation form if you are sponsoring your spouse and a dependent of your spouse and that dependent has a child of their own.

You do not need to fill this in if you are sponsoring your spouse or spouse and a dependent.
Sure. My point above was that this was a case where reading the instructions - for a sponsor/spouse with no other dependents - made the answer perfectly clear.

Amatts

Dec 15, 2021
I received an email last week that said the following:

UCI: ***
Application No.: ***
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ***,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2021/12/17 on behalf of the following member(s):

1) Is this my AOR? I applied online.
2) I haven't been able to link on my GCkey or register on the Permanent Residence Tracker account. Does anyone know how long it takes to get in the system to be able to link?

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus