+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2020 inland sponsorship out of status

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi everyone. I just sent put my application for inland sponsorship and I am currently having no status (over stay after work permit expired). Anyone has the same situation please share.
Good luck to all

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
It's not unheard of - did you have specific questions or are you just looking for others who have had the same issues?
Thanks for replying.
My lawyer made me collect lots of paper to prove that we’re in a real relationship but he said it’s not enough because in my case they will ask for more evidence and maybe an interview. I am kinda worried about it. My question is: Do I have less chance of success if I am out of status and the processing time is longer?
Thanks

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Thanks for replying.
My lawyer made me collect lots of paper to prove that we’re in a real relationship but he said it’s not enough because in my case they will ask for more evidence and maybe an interview. I am kinda worried about it. My question is: Do I have less chance of success if I am out of status and the processing time is longer?
Thanks
If your status expires, you do have 90 days to restore it. You should have restored your status and then applied for a visitor’s record afterwards before sending in your PR application.

From what I’ve read in the past, I think that being out of status tends to cause a delay in the processing of an application.

Reactions: anhcanada2702

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
If your status expires, you do have 90 days to restore it. You should have restored your status and then applied for a visitor’s record afterwards before sending in your PR application.

From what I’ve read in the past, I think that being out of status tends to cause a delay in the processing of an application.
I have been out of status for almost 5 years already. And at the time my status just expired I didn’t know lots of info on how to restore or do anything about it, plus I didn’t have any options to gain my status until now I am married that why it took too long.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have been out of status for almost 5 years already. And at the time my status just expired I didn’t know lots of info on how to restore or do anything about it, plus I didn’t have any options to gain my status until now I am married that why it took too long.
The fact that you were denied H&C and then got married certainly creates a lot of suspicion. You have also married a Canadian before after you were out of status. When did you meet and start dating your 2nd husband and when did you get married?

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
The fact that you were denied H&C and then got married certainly creates a lot of suspicion. You have also married a Canadian before after you were out of status. When did you meet and start dating your 2nd husband and when did you get married?
Yes my lawyer said that failed H&C application is not good for my case. But well it happened and at that point when I did H&C it was the only option for me so I took it. I got married to a Canadian (2015)before my 2 years work permit had expired (2016)but we never filed for sponsorship. I got divorced before I even file for h&c. I met my 2nd husband end of 2016 but we started off as friends. I file for h&c in 2018. Get romantic with my 2nd husband in 2019 but told him I wanted to wait for the outcome of h&c. We got married in June 2020 and just sent out my paperwork. Only time will tell. I know they’re gonna look hard in my file but I always have hope.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Ah, well I wish you had been more forthcoming in your initial post or that I had had the time to go back and review all your other posts.

Your case is extremely complicated and IRCC is going to strongly suspect you are in a marriage of convenience. Being out of status will not help. Expect a challenging process at best.

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Ah, well I wish you had been more forthcoming in your initial post or that I had had the time to go back and review all your other posts.

Your case is extremely complicated and IRCC is going to strongly suspect you are in a marriage of convenience. Being out of status will not help. Expect a challenging process at best.
Yes I am fully aware of that and I have done my best. That’s why my lawyer was asking a lot of evidence to prove my relationship is real, some of them I never have heard of like spousal will, life insurance.... Is there any suggestions to strengthen my case you can suggest? Thanks.