Jul 30, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test
Citizenship test

Aug 11, 2021
Citizen test completed

Sept 24, 2021 (
Document Requested:
Complete color photocopies of all passport
(Mailed to them the same day, received Sept 27,2021)

Nov 18, 2021
Language skill activity status updated:
Complete

Prohibitions activity status updated:
Complete

physical presence activity status updated:
Compete

Guess we are in the homestretch now and just need oath invite/ceremony

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
I’d like to know who else is in same or similar situation as me:
AOR- Feb
Background completed- august
Last update(on new system) august

NOTHING after that

johnhanna62

Dec 23, 2016
did you have to translate any of the stamps in your passport?, also do you have to send travel stamps before and after citizenship application or just the ones prior to your application?...
they tell you the time frame they want in the request letter. But yeah, some of my stamps were not in English and yes I had them translated and I sent the translation with my photocopies. and YES, it's important to translate the stamps. actually, that's all they care about.

Reactions: superboy_ec

rememberme

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Adding my details:

Application Type: Solo
Physical Presence Days: 1,096
App Sent Date: Dec 7th, 2020
App Received Date: Dec 16th, 2020
AOR: Feb 25th, 2021
Background Complete: Apr 26th, 2021
In Progress: Since Apr 29th, 2021

Can you please update the tracker with my case? Thanks!

Reactions: varlam and dersonc

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
they tell you the time frame they want in the request letter. But yeah, some of my stamps were not in English and yes I had them translated and I sent the translation with my photocopies. and YES, it's important to translate the stamps. actually, that's all they care about.
Awesome, thanks for your response. I think I will have those ready so when they request I have them available right away to send.

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
I’d like to know who else is in same or similar situation as me:
AOR- Feb
Background completed- august
Last update(on new system) august

NOTHING after that
lost of people on same situation, mine is done April/20th updated April/23rd, nothing after that.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's just getting ridiculous! I had my test updated on July 19 and got PP request on Sep 3. Since then-just nothing. People from June 2021 are getting test invites and some people from 2019 are still waiting let alone us-Dec 2020 applicants. The whole process is so disorganized and bluntly unfair and all this bla bla crap about afghan refugees and covid is a BS- a futile effort to justify IRCC's incompetency and general disregard of basic humanity and fairness. Just better to try forget about the whole freakin process and focus on something esle. Sorry for negativity but I'm really tired of this crap.

Last edited:

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
It's just getting ridiculous! I had my test updated on July 19 and got PP request on Sep 3. Since then-just nothing. People from June 2021 are getting test invites and some people from 2019 are still waiting let alone us-Dec 2021 applicants. The whole process is so disorganized and bluntly unfair and all this bla bla crap about afghan refugees and covid is a BS- a futile effort to justify IRCC's incompetency and general disregard of basic humanity and fairness. Just better to try forget about the whole freakin process and focus on something esle. Sorry for negativity but I'm really tired of this crap.
I totally understand and fill in your shoes as I am also on the same boat but try not to think too much on it, I check once every now and then and do get discouraged so that’s why I don’t do it too often. This is for me actually the first time since I came to Canada that I get this much delay. Is just like they care more about bringing refugees than people who is already here and paying taxes ‍:(:mad:

Reactions: tgman

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
It's just getting ridiculous! I had my test updated on July 19 and got PP request on Sep 3. Since then-just nothing. People from June 2021 are getting test invites and some people from 2019 are still waiting let alone us-Dec 2020 applicants. The whole process is so disorganized and bluntly unfair and all this bla bla crap about afghan refugees and covid is a BS- a futile effort to justify IRCC's incompetency and general disregard of basic humanity and fairness. Just better to try forget about the whole freakin process and focus on something esle. Sorry for negativity but I'm really tired of this crap.
@tgman, I completely understand how you feel. The whole process shows the height of incompetency in the Canadian Immigration system. The latest I heard is that IRCC wants to return to their 1yr processing time. Hence, applicants between say between Nov 2019 - Nov 2020 are tagged as COVID impacted applications. If that is what they want to do, how can you change it? Its bureaucracy!!! Moving forward, you have Dec 2020 applicants still waiting for their application to be completed whereas a March 2021 applicant already has his Citizenship certificate. What the hell?

Nowadays, I can't even focus on doing any productive job. I wish I don't work from home......hence, every other minute, I am checking my online tracker. This is driving me nuts. I can't even for sure say when an update is coming as the haphazard processing has made it difficult to understand what next to expect!

God, please come to our help!!!!

Reactions: tgman

fedexfc

Apr 1, 2021
I've just got an invitation to take the test today, but anything else still "in progress". Anyone in the same situation?

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@tgman, I completely understand how you feel. The whole process shows the height of incompetency in the Canadian Immigration system. The latest I heard is that IRCC wants to return to their 1yr processing time. Hence, applicants between say between Nov 2019 - Nov 2020 are tagged as COVID impacted applications. If that is what they want to do, how can you change it? Its bureaucracy!!! Moving forward, you have Dec 2020 applicants still waiting for their application to be completed whereas a March 2021 applicant already has his Citizenship certificate. What the hell?

Nowadays, I can't even focus on doing any productive job. I wish I don't work from home......hence, every other minute, I am checking my online tracker. This is driving me nuts. I can't even for sure say when an update is coming as the haphazard processing has made it difficult to understand what next to expect!

God, please come to our help!!!!
Thank you for sharing. This state of uncertainty, endless waiting and anxiety definitely takes a toll on mental and physical well being.
They tell us to be patient. We have all been patient and resilient all these years starting from PR application. Like they know what is it like being resilient, getting everything for granted and thinking that immigrants can be treated as they please to. They don't have a clue how hard it's to get and education and work experience to become eligible to immigrate to Canada, how many years spent away from families and friends. WTF. Don't say nobody invited us here. Canada needs people.
It's not that we are not willing to wait. But there should be some basic fairness in the process. If COVID and Afghan have so much effect on IRCC processing why in the world march 2021 applicant got their certificate and people from 2019, 2020 are still waiting. Why not to finalize the earlier applications and move on. The truth is they just don't care about citizenship applicants prioritizing PR and refugees. Because Canada needs immigrants as a labor and people who rent to keep its housing bubble from bursting.

Reactions: Rijo02

Sabztar

Nov 18, 2020
Hi, please update tracker as follows-
  1. Physical presence, prohibition and language skills activity updated as completed on October 21 2021
  2. Oath ceremony updated to in progress on Nov 21st and scheduled to attend oath ceremony on March 2nd 2022
However I did not receive my email with instructions. Any idea when to roughly expect that ?