Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Hello,

do they started sending test invitations for Dec 2020 applicant, i have a friend who applied in January 2021 got an invitation for test, i applied in Dec 2020 and now in progress only back check completed, it seems they it is hard to expect when to receive anything in regards of test. and the people who applied online their application are treated faster.
Not necessarily.. I applied paper based in Jan 2021 and got my test invite (non urgent).. I have a friend who applied in December online and is still awaiting... Her BG got completed a few days after mine..

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Not necessarily.. I applied paper based in Jan 2021 and got my test invite (non urgent).. I have a friend who applied in December online and is still awaiting... Her BG got completed a few days after mine..
How come you get test invite while many people are waiting from 2019 for test invites??? Are you using a firm or any special agent for your application?? This doesn’t make sense that IRCC doesn’t have a queue system for test. While thousands of 2019 and 2020 applicants are waiting for test, there should be a reason for you to have been invited while many are waiting for the test??

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How come you get test invite while many people are waiting from 2019 for test invites??? Are you using a firm or any special agent for your application?? This doesn’t make sense that IRCC doesn’t have a queue system for test. While thousands of 2019 and 2020 applicants are waiting for test, there should be a reason for you to have been invited while many are waiting fir the test??
Many from Oct & Nov 2020 are getting test invites. I think they have different teams working on different applications. A team working on 2020 applications as per ideal timeline & another team trying to cover backlog.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How come you get test invite while many people are waiting from 2019 for test invites??? Are you using a firm or any special agent for your application?? This doesn’t make sense that IRCC doesn’t have a queue system for test. While thousands of 2019 and 2020 applicants are waiting for test, there should be a reason for you to have been invited while many are waiting fir the test??
Well, take a look at the September 2020 thread. There was a recent surge in test invitations for GTA applicants. I received my test invitation around the 90 day mark (87 days) from when my status went to "Test Ready" status (from GCMS notes). Not sure if others had the same timeline.

"Special agent" or "Firms" CANNOT expedite your application processing, unless you request for urgent processing.

I think it depends on the workload of the office processing the application AND the fact that IRCC might be trying to expedite more recent applications that have cleared criminality, security and immigration checks in an effort to preserve the average processing time for 80% of the applications.

Reactions: softwaretesting

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
How come you get test invite while many people are waiting from 2019 for test invites??? Are you using a firm or any special agent for your application?? This doesn’t make sense that IRCC doesn’t have a queue system for test. While thousands of 2019 and 2020 applicants are waiting for test, there should be a reason for you to have been invited while many are waiting for the test??
I guess by now WE all should know that this is how IRCC works. Is it a good thing? No, but..........

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
There is no working template for IRCC timelines unfortunately. I doubt that there is a specific explanation for why some would get the test invite faster than others.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am talking about the same GTA office. Either the case is discrimination or special treatment. This doesn’t make sense. I know many people from 2019 with completed BG before feb 2020
that have not received test invite yet from Scarborough office. These cases need to be investigated further to see why some applicants are getting special service while other suffering. A queue system is very simple. Cases are sorted by date.
I'm very well aware of the despair of applicants from 2019. I said this somewhere else too - Unfortunately, mid and late 2019 applicants have been very unlucky, to say the least. I sincerely hope 2019 applicants still waiting for a test receive their test invitations soon.

Having said that - Your thought process about the queue system, while it is logical, might not be very practical for an organization as large as the IRCC. I agree with your logic that in a queue system, applicants should be processed based on the date of their applications - especially the test invitations.

Let's say there are 400,000 applications currently pending in the queue out of which 300,000 have cleared all the checks (security, criminality and immigration checks). Out of these 300,000 applications, let's say 80,000 are from 2019, 190,000 are from 2020 and 30,000 are from 2021.

In an "ideal world", there wouldn't be a backlog in the first place but let's assume there is. In an "ideal world" and with an "ideal system", the 80,000 applications from 2019 will be cleared first while the 190,000 applications from 2020 and 30,000 from 2021 are kept pending until ALL the 80,000 applications are cleared from their system. This is how it should and will work in an "ideal" world.

However, the world that we live in and the systems that we have are anything but ideal. IRCC, as an organization, has KPIs to meet. One such KPI is processing at least 80% of the applications within 12 months or less. So, what would IRCC do in this case?

In this case, since the timeline for 2019 applicants is already beyond 12 months, IRCC will attempt to process 2020 applications with some priority because they can still (potentially) be processed within the 12 month mark. This might be the reason why the priority for 2019 applicants appear to be a little less compared to 2020 applicants. 2021 applicants getting test invitations now might be outlier cases - not significant enough for statistical purposes. One other thing is that there are several 2019 applicants who have already received their citizenship. IRCC might have hit something close to 80% within 12 months KPI for 2019 applicants (and they could certainly provide COVID-19 as a reason as to why they weren't able to meet their KPI for 2019).

Moreover, the backend workflow for paper and online applicants might be different which is why online applicants might see different rate of processing when compared to paper applicants.

All said and done, I agree that it is unfair for 2019 applicants (whose BG check has been set to "Passed") that are still waiting for the test invitations and I think some of the resources should be directed towards specially dealing with the 2019 backlog. Unfortunately, we do not know how many people are working on 2019 applications or if there are separate teams working on pre and post 2019 applications. For some 2019 applicants, their application is still in progress and they are already way past their 12 month mark and are hitting or already hit their 2 year mark - I think this certainly warrants contacting their MP and requesting them to check with IRCC as to what is going on with their application.

Please do not assume I am dismissing the stress and disappointment of 2019 applicants - I am not. I know how it feels when all your peers and people who applied WAY after you see progress on their applications while you are still sitting without any updates whatsoever. It certainly doesn't feel good and I can empathize with 2019 applicants. What I've mentioned above are my thoughts on why this is happening and the reasons IRCC might have to prioritize more recent applications.

I sincerely wish 2019 applicants all the very best and I hope they see updates on their application soon.

Good luck!

Last edited:

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I'm very well aware of the despair of applicants from 2019. I said this somewhere else too - Unfortunately, mid and late 2019 applicants have been very unlucky. I sincerely hope 2019 applicants still waiting for a test receive their test invitations soon.

Having said that - Your thought process about the queue system, while it is logical, might not be very practical for an organization as large as the IRCC. I agree with your logic that in a queue system, applicants should be processed based on the date of their applications - especially the test invitations.

Let's say there are 400,000 applications currently pending in the queue out of which 300,000 have cleared all the checks (security, criminality and immigration checks). Out of these 300,000 applications, let's say 80,000 are from 2019, 190,000 are from 2020 and 30,000 are from 2021.

In an "ideal world", there wouldn't be a backlog in the first place but let's assume there is. In an "ideal world" and with an "ideal system", the 80,000 applications from 2019 will be cleared first while the 190,000 applications from 2020 and 30,000 from 2021 are kept pending until ALL the 80,000 applications are cleared from their system. This is how it should and will work in an "ideal" world.

However, the world that we live in and the systems that we have are anything but ideal. IRCC, as an organization, has KPIs to meet. One such KPI is processing at least 80% of the applications within 12 months or less. So, what would IRCC do in this case?

In this case, since the timeline for 2019 applicants is already beyond 12 months, IRCC will attempt to process 2020 applications with some priority because they can still (potentially) be processed within the 12 month mark. This might be the reason why the priority for 2019 applicants appear to be a little less compared to 2020 applicants. 2021 applicants getting test invitations now might be outlier cases - not significant enough for statistical purposes.

Moreover, the backend workflow for paper and online applicants might be different which is why online applicants might see different rate of processing when compared to paper applicants.

All said and done, I agree that it is unfair for 2019 applicants (whose BG check has been set to "Passed") that are still waiting for the test invitations and I think some of the resources should be directed towards specially dealing with the 2019 backlog. Unfortunately, we do not know how many people are working on 2019 applications or if there are separate teams working on pre and post 2019 applications. For some 2019 applications, their application is still in progress and they are hitting a 2 year mark - I think this certainly warrants contacting their MP and requesting them to check with IRCC as to what is going on with their application.

Please do not assume I am dismissing the stress and disappointment of 2019 applicants - I am not. I know how it feels when all your peers and people who applied WAY after you see progress on their applications while you are still sitting without any updates whatsoever. It certainly doesn't feel good and I can empathize with 2019 applications. What I've mentioned above are my thoughts on why this is happening and the reasons IRCC might have to prioritize more recent applications.

I sincerely wish 2019 applicants all the very best and I hope they see updates on their application soon.

Good luck!
By the time they are done with 80% of 2020 KPI goal, the 2021/2022 will pile up, so they will up pick up 2021/2022 by ignoring 2019/2018 eternally? I wonder if there is any KPI for applications more than 18/24 months in process? But I agree mid-late 2019 are the very unlucky ones (includes my application). Let's pray and hope for the best.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
By the time they are done with 80% of 2020 KPI goal, the 2021/2022 will pile up, so they will up pick up 2021/2022 by ignoring 2019/2018 eternally? I wonder if there is any KPI for applications more than 18/24 months in process? But I agree mid-late 2019 are the very unlucky ones (includes my application). Let's pray and hope for the best.
No. This might be the reason why some 2021 applicants are currently receiving test invitations. If they process some of the 2021 applications well in advance, they would not have to worry about having a backlog for 2021 applicants and can start processing 2019 applications. This is my thought process but I do not know if this is what the case is in reality.

Wish you the best and I hope you see updates on your file soon. Good luck!

Reactions: canvisa13

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Firstly, even if you use a firm or an agent for your application, it still arrives in IRCC as an envelope with only your details in it.. so it is immaterial to the agent whether you filled the forms or an agent did... Secondly, in my experience, using an agent is one of the worst ideas... During my PR days, ive seen many an application getting screwed up by agents, leaving their clients both frustrated and poorer by 1000s of dollars... Thirdly, as I've always said, never look for patterns or trends with the IRCC... never works.. one can only wait and hope for the best... the pandemic has upended everything and its going to be a while before things get back on track.. I hope it is sooner rather than later

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Well, take a look at the September 2020 thread. There was a recent surge in test invitations for GTA applicants. I received my test invitation around the 90 day mark (87 days) from when my status went to "Test Ready" status (from GCMS notes). Not sure if others had the same timeline.

"Special agent" or "Firms" CANNOT expedite your application processing, unless you request for urgent processing.

I think it depends on the workload of the office processing the application AND the fact that IRCC might be trying to expedite more recent applications that have cleared criminality, security and immigration checks in an effort to preserve the average processing time for 80% of the applications.
DAYUM i was just about to hire Marvel Eternals to speed up my application . :(

• Haha
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
I'm very well aware of the despair of applicants from 2019. I said this somewhere else too - Unfortunately, mid and late 2019 applicants have been very unlucky, to say the least. I sincerely hope 2019 applicants still waiting for a test receive their test invitations soon.

In this case, since the timeline for 2019 applicants is already beyond 12 months, IRCC will attempt to process 2020 applications with some priority because they can still (potentially) be processed within the 12 month mark. This might be the reason why the priority for 2019 applicants appear to be a little less compared to 2020 applicants. 2021 applicants getting test invitations now might be outlier cases - not significant enough for statistical purposes. One other thing is that there are several 2019 applicants who have already received their citizenship. IRCC might have hit something close to 80% within 12 months KPI for 2019 applicants (and they could certainly provide COVID-19 as a reason as to why they weren't able to meet their KPI for 2019).

All said and done, I agree that it is unfair for 2019 applicants (whose BG check has been set to "Passed") that are still waiting for the test invitations and I think some of the resources should be directed towards specially dealing with the 2019 backlog. Unfortunately, we do not know how many people are working on 2019 applications or if there are separate teams working on pre and post 2019 applications. For some 2019 applicants, their application is still in progress and they are already way past their 12 month mark and are hitting or already hit their 2 year mark - I think this certainly warrants contacting their MP and requesting them to check with IRCC as to what is going on with their application.

Please do not assume I am dismissing the stress and disappointment of 2019 applicants - I am not. I know how it feels when all your peers and people who applied WAY after you see progress on their applications while you are still sitting without any updates whatsoever. It certainly doesn't feel good and I can empathize with 2019 applicants. What I've mentioned above are my thoughts on why this is happening and the reasons IRCC might have to prioritize more recent applications.

Good luck!
I understand your point of analysis. And I am not 2019 applicant; however, this can’t be taken as excuse or reason to leave behind 2019 applicants. Applicants don’t care if you meet your target of 12 months or not. At least this is not their problem and should not taked at their shoulder . How come people from 2019 still waiting unless there’s legitimate reason on verifying or screening issue.
again I am not 2019 applicant, but this is paid application and all people should treated equally on the same manner and integrity.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I understand your point of analysis. And I am not 2019 applicant; however, this can’t be taken as excuse or reason to leave behind 2019 applicants. Applicants don’t care if you meet your target of 12 months or not. At least this is not their problem and should not taked at their shoulder . How come people from 2019 still waiting unless there’s legitimate reason on verifying or screening issue.
again I am not 2019 applicant, but this is paid application and all people should treated equally on the same manner and integrity.
Sure, I understand. But...

I didn't make those rules or procedures. I'm just trying to understand the way things work with IRCC. That's all I'm doing.

Like I said, my best wishes and sincere hope for 2019 applicants that are still waiting.

Reactions: varlam and salem10