+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Guys I did a few updates on the tracker for Dec 2019.
Bumped the Oath from 30 to 37% but I'm pretty sure it is still incomplete... If want your line updated let me know

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
I got Certificates for my family yesterday, Nov 18. Oath was on Nov 12. Not urgent.
Already applied in person in Kitchener this morning. Passport pick up time is scheduled for Dec 3. More info about my steps here.
Thank you and good luck to all!!!

Please update the tracker:
Oath: Nov 12, 2021 on-line
Citizenship Application Status: Approved (Nov 15, 2021)
Citizenship Certificate: Received Nov 18, 2021
Applied for Passport: In-person standard processing, without appointment, Kitchener office, Nov 19, 2021
Passport received: pick-up in Kitchener office scheduled for Dec 3, 2021

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Hello! I have Oath this Friday. I want to ask if seat number will be allotted during ceremony or it should be in the email? Because email says it’s there in the beginning but the seat number column is blank in the email.
There’s was no seat number in the email, it was left blank.
They allotted room number once you join the team after waiting. Room number is just like ID#. After that they check documents one to one online, ask few basic questions & then ask to cut the PR card in 4 pieces.Then after 20-25 mins ceremony starts & ends in 20-25 mins. Better to practice Oath in both languages. Mine was bilingual one.
All the best everyone.

Reactions: ukca8614

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
I got Certificates for my family yesterday, Nov 18. Oath was on Nov 12. Not urgent.
Already applied in person in Kitchener this morning. Passport pick up time is scheduled for Dec 3. More info about my steps here.
Thank you and good luck to all!!!

Please update the tracker:
Oath: Nov 12, 2021 on-line
Citizenship Application Status: Approved (Nov 15, 2021)
Citizenship Certificate: Received Nov 18, 2021
Applied for Passport: In-person standard processing, without appointment, Kitchener office, Nov 19, 2021
Passport received: pick-up in Kitchener office scheduled for Dec 3, 2021
When you applied in person without appointment. Did it take time to wait?

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
When you applied in person without appointment. Did it take time to wait?
This is my story:

I received Certificates for my family and myself yesterday (Nov 18, 2021), whereas my oath was on Nov 12! So fast!
I drove this morning from Toronto to Kitchener and was there at 8:10am, approx. 10 people were in front of me, none with the appointment. I did not have it either. When they opened the office, I was the third in line for passport application. When my turn came, few more guys appeared to be with appointments and they were served first. The first clerk who checked the documents and gave me a number for another window took it 2-3 minutes to screen the docs. I waited for the next 5 minutes in the waiting area and approached the window. The person who took my application (one-by-one) was super kind and supportive! Indeed the best service ever. I have some plans to travel on Dec 10 (not confirmed yet) and I mentioned it on our applications. The clerk said the normal standard processing time will make the passports ready by Dec 3, therefore I don't need to apply for express / urgent. Moreover, someone was requesting the urgent pickup with travel plans late December and was rejected - the officials said there is no need and reason as they will still make it on time. So, save your money ;).
So, I applied for 3 passports, paid standard fee + pickup fee from their location. My in-person pickup date is December 3.
I left the passport office at 9:30am (so, 1:15minutes including waiting time to open the office and in the queue).

Reactions: canvisa13

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi Everyone

I have my virtual oath ceremony scheduled this week and I have few questions related to that. Can someone please answer me if you were in this similar situation (or) aware of the answers?

1. My application is a family application. The invitation says that it is encouraged to be appearing from the same computer. However we all have different seat numbers in our initiation letters. How can we all login at the same time from same computer? Is it OK if we just enter the seat number of primary applicant (in this case it is me)?
2. As a parent, Can I sign the affirmation of Citizenship on behalf of my minor kid even though the column says "Signature of applicant"? If I am doing it digitally, can I enter a text box stating "Parent of the applicant"?
3. What documents should I be ready with for all of us (family)? The initiation letter mentioned only about PR cards and Confirmation of PR papers (landing papers) along with other docs like foreign passports, drivers license, health cards etc. (as they mentioned in personal identification section). Do I still carry any other documents?
4. How long the whole process takes place? Should we submit digitally signed copies on the same day after the oath is done?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Hi Everyone

I have my virtual oath ceremony scheduled this week and I have few questions related to that. Can someone please answer me if you were in this similar situation (or) aware of the answers?

1. My application is a family application. The invitation says that it is encouraged to be appearing from the same computer. However we all have different seat numbers in our initiation letters. How can we all login at the same time from same computer? Is it OK if we just enter the seat number of primary applicant (in this case it is me)?
2. As a parent, Can I sign the affirmation of Citizenship on behalf of my minor kid even though the column says "Signature of applicant"? If I am doing it digitally, can I enter a text box stating "Parent of the applicant"?
3. What documents should I be ready with for all of us (family)? The initiation letter mentioned only about PR cards and Confirmation of PR papers (landing papers) along with other docs like foreign passports, drivers license, health cards etc. (as they mentioned in personal identification section). Do I still carry any other documents?
4. How long the whole process takes place? Should we submit digitally signed copies on the same day after the oath is done?

Thanks everyone in advance.
1. You need to log in from one computer only. The link is the same. A clerk will ask all of you to confirm you seat numbers and rename all of you accordingly.
2. Yes you can sign it as a parent. I did it for my son electronically and added my signature (he is 13 y.o.)
3. You will need PR cards and another proof of valid ID. In our case our foreign passports were enough. People also use health cards, driver's licenses as well. Just to be on a safe side, have everything with you.
4. It took us 2 hours, including 30m prior to the official starting time, including all waiting time. I would allocate 2-2.5 hours to be on a safe side. Submit the signed copies as soon as you can. The faster you do it, the faster they will issue and mail you Certificate of Citizenship. We signed electronically and submitted within 15 minutes after the Oath. But you must submit it not later than 2 days after the Oath, they will emphasize it.

I recommend you to have a pen and a paper handy - you may be requested to write your clerk's name to refer it in your Subject of your mail when sending the signed paperwork after the oath.

Good luck!

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
1. You need to log in from one computer only. The link is the same. A clerk will ask all of you to confirm you seat numbers and rename all of you accordingly.
2. Yes you can sign it as a parent. I did it for my son electronically and added my signature (he is 13 y.o.)
3. You will need PR cards and another proof of valid ID. In our case our foreign passports were enough. People also use health cards, driver's licenses as well. Just to be on a safe side, have everything with you.
4. It took us 2 hours, including 30m prior to the official starting time, including all waiting time. I would allocate 2-2.5 hours to be on a safe side. Submit the signed copies as soon as you can. The faster you do it, the faster they will issue and mail you Certificate of Citizenship. We signed electronically and submitted within 15 minutes after the Oath. But you must submit it not later than 2 days after the Oath, they will emphasize it.

I recommend you to have a pen and a paper handy - you may be requested to write your clerk's name to refer it in your Subject of your mail when sending the signed paperwork after the oath.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot. This really helps. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Hapique

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
When asked about two pieces of identification of each applicant, what two documents can be used for a minor applicant? My kid has only her PR card and foreign passport as the IDs. Are they sufficient?

Chittur

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I have some surprising news on our application, all the sections have now been Completed under the new system and there is a Decision Made on Ecas portal (for me and my wife). This is 9 months after we took our test. So finally I am relieved we are at least one step closer (hoping they have approved our file!), don't know when the Oath will happen but hoping it is sooner rather than later. Is it normal that the kid's status would still show In Progress?

Application Office: Vancouver
Application filed: December 2019
AOR: Feb 27, 2020
In Process: March 11, 2020
Test Invite: March 15, 2021
Test Completed: March 22, 2021
All sections completed: Nov 18, 2021

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have some surprising news on our application, all the sections have now been Completed under the new system and there is a Decision Made on Ecas portal (for me and my wife). This is 9 months after we took our test. So finally I am relieved we are at least one step closer (hoping they have approved our file!), don't know when the Oath will happen but hoping it is sooner rather than later. Is it normal that the kid's status would still show In Progress?

Application Office: Vancouver
Application filed: December 2019
AOR: Feb 27, 2020
In Process: March 11, 2020
Test Invite: March 15, 2021
Test Completed: March 22, 2021
All sections completed: Nov 18, 2021
Congrats. Yes, normal. Minors' status will change after the oath

Reactions: Chittur