+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I opened my tracker today to see invitation for oath. I am so surprise. On Sunday, I completed case specific form and got the normal reply that they are busy with Aghgan. issues. My written request was so appealing and persuasive. I was practically begging them. My oath is 24 Nov. I hope every one will get invited soon
Which office?

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Congratulations! When did you pass the test?
Test Invite: Mar 24, 2021 with Test window from Mar 26, 2021 to Apr 15, 2021
Test Date: Mar 28, 2021 (19/20 both)
Test validated: completed
Background verification: completed Jan 20, 2021

Thank you! You can see all my dates in my signature.

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Just to share a hiccup happened to me
- We received passport request on Sept 9. We submitted it on Sept 10 by email (as instructed)
- To make sure IRCC get it, we couriered a hard copy of it.
- Hearing nothing from IRCC, we reached out to our MP. They found that there is no record of my passport scanned submission
- I have to re-submit both via email and web form. And surprisingly, they sent me an email to acknowledge the receipt of it.

Lesson learn:
-Keep tracking the status so that you could take action to fix it
- Do not send email in the afternoon of Friday or any day before weekend or holiday as it is likely omitted after the officers return to work.

GryphonCA

Mar 10, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
Other
Just to share a hiccup happened to me
- We received passport request on Sept 9. We submitted it on Sept 10 by email (as instructed)
- To make sure IRCC get it, we couriered a hard copy of it.
- Hearing nothing from IRCC, we reached out to our MP. They found that there is no record of my passport scanned submission
- I have to re-submit both via email and web form. And surprisingly, they sent me an email to acknowledge the receipt of it.

Lesson learn:
-Keep tracking the status so that you could take action to fix it
- Do not send email in the afternoon of Friday or any day before weekend or holiday as it is likely omitted after the officers return to work.
I can relate, something similar happened to me.
- Received a passport request on Sep 14th, submitted by email on Sep 20th as instructed.
- Received another email last week stating that was the second request for passport, so this time around I re-submitted everything by email (reducing the size of the PDF files) and by web form - the latter has already been acknowledged, at least.

Dec 31, 2019
Been waiting forever for the ceremony... I wonder if the same thing happened to me in terms of them not seeing the passport email... I did send it on Friday the 13th =D

The old status says Decision Made & the new status says only the citizenship oath is missing.

New dates:
Test date: July 8
Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed: July 9
Passport scan request: Aug 11
Passport scan sent: Aug 13
Physical presence status has been updated to Completed, Language skills status has been updated to Completed, Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed: Aug 24

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Been waiting forever for the ceremony... I wonder if the same thing happened to me in terms of them not seeing the passport email... I did send it on Friday the 13th =D

The old status says Decision Made & the new status says only the citizenship oath is missing.

New dates:
Test date: July 8
Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed: July 9
Passport scan request: Aug 11
Passport scan sent: Aug 13
Physical presence status has been updated to Completed, Language skills status has been updated to Completed, Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed: Aug 24
What's your processing office? MIS or SCR? or any other?

MarU13

Oct 1, 2019
Hello everyone, can someone please advise how long it takes lately from interview/DM to oath invite. I had an interview few days ago and lady said that they are pushing for a lot of oaths but couldn’t give me timeline. Any insight will be appreciated. For west Canada I see Winnipeg is working on a lot of Alberta applicants.

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Guys, we took the Oath on Nov 12 online! It took 1.5h for all the procedures. Everything was super smooth and flawless. A clerk asked for a name and last name, to show a piece of ID (our home country passports were used) and PR cards that were subsequently cut. We were asked if we were physically in Canada and if we had any problems with law; nothing else. Happy to join Canadian Family!
Kindly update the spreadsheet.
Thank you and good luck to all!

Karthik1986

May 6, 2019
Guys, we took the Oath on Nov 12 online! It took 1.5h for all the procedures. Everything was super smooth and flawless. A clerk asked for a name and last name, to show a piece of ID (our home country passports were used) and PR cards that were subsequently cut. We were asked if we were physically in Canada and if we had any problems with law; nothing else. Happy to join Canadian Family!
Kindly update the spreadsheet.
Thank you and good luck to all!
Congratulations

Reactions: Hapique