+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi. We both (me and my wife) done our Online Citizenship tests yesterday (September 1). We both passed, but I forgot to send confirmation to my email:) Trackers still show that "Take the citizenship test, (waiting for you)". Could you please update xls file. Thank you
I've updated the spreadsheet!

Reactions: danton

Karthik1986

May 6, 2019
Yesterday I went to MP office to check why the process is too slow and asked if the case officer will able to check my application status. I got an reply as they were too busy in settling Afghan refugee we can’t help you right now.
I’m worried now the federal election and settling Afghan refugees will delay our application process by another one year.

danton

Jun 6, 2017
In the Online tracker, the Citizenship test status was updated to Completed on September 2 (for both me and my wife). Only Background verification and Citizenship test are Completed. Rest is In Progress. I was thinking that Citizenship will be the second to the last step:/

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
In the Online tracker, the Citizenship test status was updated to Completed on September 2 (for both me and my wife). Only Background verification and Citizenship test are Completed. Rest is In Progress. I was thinking that Citizenship will be the second to the last step:/
I've updated the spreadsheet.

It goes like this :

Citizenship Test >> PP pages request and/or Interview >> Decision Made >> Oath notification >> Oath

Reactions: danton

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Yesterday I went to MP office to check why the process is too slow and asked if the case officer will able to check my application status. I got an reply as they were too busy in settling Afghan refugee we can’t help you right now.
I’m worried now the federal election and settling Afghan refugees will delay our application process by another one year.
OMG! I hope that is not the case. i cant wait for another year. It has already been too long.

Chittur

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I had raised a webform last week requesting information on the status of our citizenship application as it been 5.5 months since we completed our test with no updates, below is the response I received. The client support centre looks to be swamped with the crisis and priorities would have shifted to address this. As some have alluded, it is better not to reach out to the support center for some time as you would not get through them on phone or receive an answer via online request.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

danton

Jun 6, 2017
I had raised a webform last week requesting information on the status of our citizenship application as it been 5.5 months since we completed our test with no updates, below is the response I received. The client support centre looks to be swamped with the crisis and priorities would have shifted to address this. As some have alluded, it is better not to reach out to the support center for some time as you would not get through them on phone or receive an answer via online request.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.
That sounds terrible. The saddest part is that the people who applied in 2020 via online application already got their citizenship☹. But I also have a friend who applied in March 2019, and still, there is no decision for him☹.

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa