+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

damijay

Jan 29, 2016
Good Morning Guys,

My wife received an oath invite earlier this week. Please update the tracker.

Name: Aeropostale_SP
Application type: Single
Processing Center: Mississauga
Physical Presence: 1169
App. Sent: November 30
App. Delivered: December 5mAOR: February 14
IP: February 26
Test Invite: March 11
Test Date: March 17 (Passed)
Interview Invite: April 21
Interview Date: Apr 27
Decision Made: Apr 28
Oath Invite: Aug 9
Oath Date: Aug 23
Hello,

Did she get the oath invite via email or mailbox? My profile shows I've been scheduled but I haven't got any instructions/notice. Will this come later?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello,

Did she get the oath invite via email or mailbox? My profile shows I've been scheduled but I haven't got any instructions/notice. Will this come later?
Email. It can even come just 1 business day before as we have seen cases of that kind as well as people got few days to a week before too

Reactions: Hapique

damijay

Jan 29, 2016
Email. It can even come just 1 business day before as we have seen cases of that kind as well as people got few days to a week before too
Thanks for the response.

For those who are also in this situation. I suggest emailing your Processing office(they are the ones who sent you your test invite) and ask about the oath Invite. I did this and got a response.

YBnormal

Feb 14, 2021
Thanks for the response.

For those who are also in this situation. I suggest emailing your Processing office(they are the ones who sent you your test invite) and ask about the oath Invite. I did this and got a response.
So you emailed your office after your file went to “DM”? If so, are you able to share what exactly did you send them? Thank you!

ralfana

Jul 21, 2017
You'll have to send a copy of all the pages of all the passports that were valid in the eligibility period. If any stamps or visas aren't in English or French, you'll have to provide translations as well.

About the interview => The date seems to be off. You can no longer have an interview on the 10th because it is past business hours and this most likely is because of a bug. Many applicants have reported this bug with the interview so IMO, you can safely ignore it at this time.
Thank you for the info Raj!

I sent my passport information promptly and after a week the "Interview Required" line disappeared from my tracker. After a couple of days, the Background Verification changed from "Completed" to "In Progress" again - I got new update on my tracker:

August 16th:

"Background verification activity status updated"

"Background verification status has been updated to In progress

I sent them my fingerprints in April 2020 which should be expired by now, however the tracker was updated 2 days ago and I got no email or notification asking for a new fingerprint file (Not even in the spam folder).

Did anyone have a similar experience? I mean, should I just send them a new fingerprint set (If so should I use the same address information they provided in the first request?) Or wait for them to properly notify me?

I was wondering if anyone gone through this tracker update without having to submit a new fingerprint set...

Last edited:
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

damijay

Jan 29, 2016
So you emailed your office after your file went to “DM”? If so, are you able to share what exactly did you send them? Thank you!
To Clarify, I'm in Saskatchewan and my processing office is in Saskatoon. I did not get the oath letter but the response below:

"The IRCC Saskatoon office is planning an in-person citizenship ceremony on August 26 however due to the Government of Canada calling an election as of Sunday August 16th, we are waiting for further guidance from our Policy Advisors on the impact it will have on the citizenship ceremony. Should the event be rescheduled to a virtual ceremony instead, our office will notify you and your family members accordingly. Thank you for your understanding and patience and we will contact you soon with further instructions."

Below was my email to them:

"
Hello,

I applied for Citizenship and my account shows that I've been scheduled for the Ceremony on the 26th of August and have been sent instructions. However, I have not received any instructions as regards this information(either via email or post).

Could I please have the notice sent to me?

My email address is: xxxxxxxxxxx"

I would advise adding your UCI or app no if you send an email.

Hope this helps!

YBnormal

Feb 14, 2021
To Clarify, I'm in Saskatchewan and my processing office is in Saskatoon. I did not get the oath letter but the response below:

"The IRCC Saskatoon office is planning an in-person citizenship ceremony on August 26 however due to the Government of Canada calling an election as of Sunday August 16th, we are waiting for further guidance from our Policy Advisors on the impact it will have on the citizenship ceremony. Should the event be rescheduled to a virtual ceremony instead, our office will notify you and your family members accordingly. Thank you for your understanding and patience and we will contact you soon with further instructions."

Below was my email to them:

"
Hello,

I applied for Citizenship and my account shows that I've been scheduled for the Ceremony on the 26th of August and have been sent instructions. However, I have not received any instructions as regards this information(either via email or post).

Could I please have the notice sent to me?

My email address is: xxxxxxxxxxx"

I would advise adding your UCI or app no if you send an email.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for sharing all of this!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks for the response.

Emails are coming without any problem for oath.
With more emails on enquiries like this and for passport pages and test invite queries, they started to change the strategy to receive documents from email to postal. So i would not want to clog the system more than what it is.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for the info Raj!

I sent my passport information promptly and after a week the "Interview Required" line disappeared from my tracker. After a couple of days, the Background Verification changed from "Completed" to "In Progress" again - I got new update on my tracker:

August 16th:

"Background verification activity status updated"

"Background verification status has been updated to In progress

I sent them my fingerprints in April 2020 which should be expired by now, however the tracker was updated 2 days ago and I got no email or notification asking for a new fingerprint file (Not even in the spam folder).

Did anyone have a similar experience? I mean, should I just send them a new fingerprint set (If so should I use the same address information they provided in the first request?) Or wait for them to properly notify me?

I was wondering if anyone gone through this tracker update without having to submit a new fingerprint set...
I'll let someone who received a FP request answer this. I have seen some posts suggesting you could get FP done without letter from IRCC (just follow the same instructions shown in your previous letter) but I am not sure how true/correct this is.

Reactions: ralfana

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Email. The status got updated in the tracker first and then she received the email within 48 hrs.

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Hello everyone,

The waiting is killing me. I havent received the Test Invitation yet.
I have called IRCC many times and had my MP contacted IRCC and nothing happened.

Anyways, has anyone renew their PR Card? How long did it take to receive the new card? Mine expired in April.

Thanks!

Below is my timeline:
App Sent: Dec 10, 2019
App Received: Dec 13, 2019
AOR Received: Feb 19, 2020
Study Book received by email: Feb 19, 2020
Started Processing Application: Feb 28, 2020

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
I applied for PR card renewal 100 days ago and still no news.
OMG!!! The wait never ends!!
I thought that by now I would have my passport that is why I didnt renew my PR in April.

As per your timeline you are about to have your passport. Congrats!!

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
OMG!!! The wait never ends!!
I thought that by now I would have my passport that is why I didn't renew my PR in April.
IRCC is a joke...
I had the same feeling but 3 months before the expiry date I realized it won't happen.
Now I wonder if my renewed PR card is received before the Oath (Nov 12, 2021).

blueheart

Oct 12, 2012
IRCC is a joke...
I had the same feeling but 3 months before the expiry date I realized it won't happen.
Now I wonder if my renewed PR card is received before the Oath (Nov 12, 2021).
You don't need a PR card to attend Oath ceremony. Expired one works, and if you lost it, you can fill out the form and submit it.