+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

skyman2020

Feb 19, 2020
With elections approaching, I think IRCC might be focusing on 2021 applicants to make their numbers look good. I am yet to get my test invite since 2019. Being frustrated is an understatement. I literarily had to disturb IRCC to get my background checks completed. I have been trying to reach the IRCC number but it keeps saying we are unable to connect you blah blah blah for close to 2 weeks now. I have tried to get this application off my mind. Does anyone knows what works? I have called IRCC, emailed the minister of immigration, emailed my MP, sent over a 100 webforms still waiting for a test invite. Anyone tried anything that actually worked?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
With elections approaching, I think IRCC might be focusing on 2021 applicants to make their numbers look good. I am yet to get my test invite since 2019. Being frustrated is an understatement. I literarily had to disturb IRCC to get my background checks completed. I have been trying to reach the IRCC number but it keeps saying we are unable to connect you blah blah blah for close to 2 weeks now. I have tried to get this application off my mind. Does anyone knows what works? I have called IRCC, emailed the minister of immigration, emailed my MP, sent over a 100 webforms still waiting for a test invite. Anyone tried anything that actually worked?
Anything mentioned in gcms?

Call them at sharp 8 to avoid rush.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
That's true. They will focus on 2021 applicants to meet their target number for 2021. Those who applied in 2019, me included, are officially the forgotten applicants, because we don't contribute to their KPI any more.

skyman2020

Feb 19, 2020
That's true. They will focus on 2021 applicants to meet their target number for 2021. Those who applied in 2019, me included, are officially the forgotten applicants, because we don't contribute to their KPI any more.
Its all about optics these days. I never would have guessed a Canadian ministry could be so inefficient. Since I expressed how I felt about IRCC to the minister of immigration, they have not replied.

Reactions: YBnormal

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Its all about optics these days. I never would have guessed a Canadian ministry could be so inefficient. Since I expressed how I felt about IRCC to the minister of immigration, they have not replied.
Unfortunately, they don't care about us. They only care about how they do in terms of KPI. How did you expressed your frustration to the minister of immigration? and has he replied?

skyman2020

Feb 19, 2020
Unfortunately, they don't care about us. They only care about how they do in terms of KPI. How did you expressed your frustration to the minister of immigration? and has he replied?
I sent emails. I got a response for the first one. The second where I explained how abysmal IRCC performance has been was the one I never got a response. Backlogs everywhere. How do you explain processing a citizenship application for close to 2 years? Most other nation were able to device different mechanism during Covid. We are probably the most vaccinated country yet our biggest excuse has been covid.

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
I sent emails. I got a response for the first one. The second where I explained how abysmal IRCC performance has been was the one I never got a response. Backlogs everywhere. How do you explain processing a citizenship application for close to 2 years? Most other nation were able to device different mechanism during Covid. We are probably the most vaccinated country yet our biggest excuse has been covid.
What email address? I guess I should send them an email as well. Maybe if there are enough people who complain, there's a chance that they take it serious.

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Finally, We just took Oath today, it was 2 hours long and around 25 others. I also requested to receive the certificate urgently with attached proof of travel , hope i can receive the certificate soon. Thank you and i wish all you guys , will soon get this whole and long process done.
Finally I picked up the Certificate today, it was urgent request with proof of travel submitted. Thank you & Good luck to all. Now a final step for me is to apply for passport.

M.S.R

Dec 14, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-6-2015
Doc's Request.
3-11-2015
Nomination.....
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-12-2015
Med's Done....
4-12-2015
Guys, just got the update in Oath ceremony status shows "complete" on 11th August'2021. Looks like it was the final step. Now waiting to receive the citizenship certificate :).
Best wishes to the rest of the December'2019 applicants. Hope all application will be processed soon.
Finally, received the citizenship certificate in the mailbox(13th August), its over............ :)

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
What was his response for the first email?