+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
I have a question regarding the citizenship certificate and passport , i m trying to travel to my country for a vaccation , my pr card is expired , and i m waiting for the citizenship certificate and passport , how long does that take to arrive after the cermony ? I told them i need the certificate to arrive fast for travel reasons ? Can i book tickets to travel in 4 weeks or i would not be able to get the passports by then?
When was your oath taken place? From what i have read in this forum, it takes a week or 2 in most cases for certificate arrived, however, some cases 4 weeks and no news. Passport can be applied in person if your travel date is very close, even within 2 days from your intended travel date you still can apply for passport, that is what it says on their website.
FYI, you can not travel with your PR card anymore after an Oath even it is not expired, but i believe we have to cut the PR card in front of officers during the Oath.

Terminova

Apr 3, 2021
When was your oath taken place? From what i have read in this forum, it takes a week or 2 in most cases for certificate arrived, however, some cases 4 weeks and no news. Passport can be applied in person if your travel date is very close, even within 2 days from your intended travel date you still can apply for passport, that is what it says on their website.
FYI, you can not travel with your PR card anymore after an Oath even it is not expired, but i believe we have to cut the PR card in front of officers during the Oath.
My oath was on the 6 th of july And i cut the pr card in the cermony. For the passport i need it to travel , will it take 2 days??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My oath was on the 6 th of july And i cut the pr card in the cermony. For the passport i need it to travel , will it take 2 days??
The citizenship certificate can take up to 4 weeks to arrive. You can ask the staff to expedite the process and provide them with a valid reason and you might get it sooner.

The regular processing time for passport is 20 business days and from the recent reports, there is some delay. There are 2 categories of urgent passport (one is in 2 business days and the other option is within 2 - 59 days). If you choose the second option, you might get your passport in about 15 days or so. For the first option, you'll have to call Passport Canada call center directly and give them a valid reason as to why you want the passport so quickly. Proof of travel within 2 - 4 days is absolutely necessary if you want to use the fastest service.

Reactions: taivoi

nosferatos

Oct 16, 2015
I randomly checked the citizenship tracker today and noticed that Language Test, Physical Presence and Prohibitions have been updated to Completed on July 9, 2021.
Previous update was on April 23, 2021, after the citizenship test, when my Citizenship Test and Background check status became complete on the tracker.

Citizenship ceremony is Not Started.

Mississauga office.

Karthik1986

May 6, 2019
I randomly checked the citizenship tracker today and noticed that Language Test, Physical Presence and Prohibitions have been updated to Completed on July 9, 2021.
Previous update was on April 23, 2021, after the citizenship test, when my Citizenship Test and Background check status became complete on the tracker.

Mississauga office.
After citizenship test did you gave they interview ?

Gelg

Jan 31, 2020

Mississauga office.
Exact thing happened to me.
I took my test on April 21st.

Ecas now shows decision made.

Everything is completed except for Citizenship Ceremony "not started".

Let's hope we are getting close to the finish line.

Reactions: Hapique

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Mississauga office.
Exact thing happened to me.
I took my test on April 21st.

Ecas now shows decision made.

Everything is completed except for Citizenship Ceremony "not started".

Let's hope we are getting close to the finish line.
That's good. This is Decision Made. You guys are in line for oath. Congrats!

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Even if someone who applied with minor kids respond, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you check this with the IRCC official on the day of oath before doing anything else.

Also, please don't sign the oath form until after you've taken the oath of citizenship.
Ottawa office replied to my questions: minor is encouraged to join Oath on the same device, adult must sign the Oath form for Minor after Oath. The assigned seat number for minor just to identify each client. Hope this with help for someone applied with minor.

hamid_bashir

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014

Mississauga office.
My last update was on May04 for test completed, hoping that get some update this week

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Has anyone recently been able to call the customer care number? seems like of all the options listed none of them apply to the fact that if I would like to talk to a customer care agent about my file status. Now even though COVID is almost over I don't know what is the hold up especially in Vancouver/Surrey?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone recently been able to call the customer care number? seems like of all the options listed none of them apply to the fact that if I would like to talk to a customer care agent about my file status. Now even though COVID is almost over I don't know what is the hold up especially in Vancouver/Surrey?
Best way to get hold of them is to call at 8 am exactly. I tried to call them yesterday at noon and they just told me politely to f*** off :D