+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
No its not just you, we completed our test on 22nd March which got Completed on the tracker on 23rd March. Physical presence, Language skills and Prohibition are all in Progress and there has been 0 movement. I have already raised 3 webforms and 5 calls, but no timeline has been received. The last communication I got on webform was that the next step is Oath ceremony, but I am not sure if its a standard response. Frustrating we will be completing 4 months after test without any movement.
Same situation with me. Test completed on March 28 2021 and Radio Silence.

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
I knew my FP is expired and the tracking tool was changed from "Completed" to "In progress". I just got a new FP. Should I send it to IRCC without their request?

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
The fingerprinting agency may want to see the letter/email before taking fingerprints. Although the letter will be the same as before but the date on the letter will be new.

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Just received oath invitation emails today. Oath aug 11th.

i received 2 invitation, one for me and one for my minor kid (assigned seat number) , should we both join in the same seat (mine) or separately? I believe minor kid is not required to attend the oath right? Any advice? Also , do i need to sign the oath form for my kid?

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

i received 2 invitation, one for me and one for my minor kid (assigned seat number) , should we both join in the same seat (mine) or separately? I believe minor kid is not required to attend the oath right? Any advice? Also , do i need to sign the oath form for my kid?
Yes they dont need to be there if they are less than 14.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1455&top=5
"Children age 14 and over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath if they’re becoming citizens. "

Reactions: taivoi

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Wait a second. Did you say "Seat Number"? Does it say you can take the oath online or does it ask you to go to an IRCC office to take the oath? Do you see a link to a Zoom meeting in your oath invitation?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Thanks. Any one had oath with minor kid in this forum, please advise.
Even if someone who applied with minor kids respond, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you check this with the IRCC official on the day of oath before doing anything else.

Also, please don't sign the oath form until after you've taken the oath of citizenship.

Terminova

Apr 3, 2021
Even if someone who applied with minor kids respond, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you check this with the IRCC official on the day of oath before doing anything else.

Also, please don't sign the oath form until after you've taken the oath of citizenship.
I got my som with me during the oath and he used to go and come back , he said the oath and sang o canada with us , so let him stay at the begining but still he does not have to , being a minor under 14 years , the citizenship is granted to him with out even signing any papers.

Reactions: taivoi

Terminova

Apr 3, 2021
I have a question regarding the citizenship certificate and passport , i m trying to travel to my country for a vaccation , my pr card is expired , and i m waiting for the citizenship certificate and passport , how long does that take to arrive after the cermony ? I told them i need the certificate to arrive fast for travel reasons ? Can i book tickets to travel in 4 weeks or i would not be able to get the passports by then?