+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Anyone from ottawa get test yet ? We are waiting for over 18 months and no test!!! I m running out of patient and worried. How long we have to wait more?

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
sometimes i think if the ottawa office is still there . been waiting and its gonna be forever wait with them.
With vaccinations ongoing, and back to office, its about time to get our applications processed. Isn’t enough the stress we have from all other things, covid been great excuse to not do anything anymore.

Bying car: no inventory, thanks to covid
Buying grocery/home hardware: wait in line, thanks to covid
Takeout food/sit in restaurant: wait in line forever, thanks to covid
Apply for anything: wait , covid

Appointment with DR or dentists: wait 6 months, thanks to covid .

ABOUT TIME... enough

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
With vaccinations ongoing, and back to office, its about time to get our applications processed. Isn’t enough the stress we have from all other things, covid been great excuse to not do anything anymore.

Bying car: no inventory, thanks to covid
Buying grocery/home hardware: wait in line, thanks to covid
Takeout food/sit in restaurant: wait in line forever, thanks to covid
Apply for anything: wait , covid

Appointment with DR or dentists: wait 6 months, thanks to covid .

ABOUT TIME... enough
the world has been destroyed and will never be back again

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Anyone from ottawa get test yet ? We are waiting for over 18 months and no test!!! I m running out of patient and worried. How long we have to wait more?
Taivoi received an oath invitation - he just posted a few comments back. Also, we completed test May 13. We’re Ottawa, but yes it has been so slow. Hopefully things will speed up.

Reactions: ott-613

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Is it just me or the progress after citizenship test is almost zero especially for December 2019 applicants in Vancouver/Surrey Area, I don't remember anyone posting any updates after the tests, especially for people who did their tests in April/May

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
I'm at 18 months at Hamilton office and still no test either

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Is it just me or the progress after citizenship test is almost zero especially for December 2019 applicants in Vancouver/Surrey Area, I don't remember anyone posting any updates after the tests, especially for people who did their tests in April/May
See my signature, maybe I'm just super lucky though... I mean... it was about time!

covid21

Jun 25, 2021
Has anyone been out of country and couldn't take the oath, what happens in that case ?

I need to travel and I'm just thinking what to do if a miracle happen and they decide to send me the email when I'm away.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
do you have any info about how that works? like do they give you another date, or just push your file aside until who knows when ?
When you reschedule, you can't ask for a specific date in the future. All you can do is provide a tentative date of return to Canada and let IRCC know once again when you are back in the country. There is no guarantee as to when you receive the second oath invitation. It will be sent to you depending on the slot availability. It could happen immediately after you return or it could be a few weeks/months before you receive the invitation.

Reactions: covid21

Chittur

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
No its not just you, we completed our test on 22nd March which got Completed on the tracker on 23rd March. Physical presence, Language skills and Prohibition are all in Progress and there has been 0 movement. I have already raised 3 webforms and 5 calls, but no timeline has been received. The last communication I got on webform was that the next step is Oath ceremony, but I am not sure if its a standard response. Frustrating we will be completing 4 months after test without any movement.

Reactions: YBnormal