December 2019 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Every one ,

Application Received 18 Dec 2019
Received online Test invetation 16 April
Passed Knowldege Test 2nd May 2021
what do you think how ling it gonna take for next step and what will be next steps ?
do you have spread sheet please share Thanks
Here's the spreadsheet.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:

You can find the App delivered, AOR and In progress dates from ECAS

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date
Citizenship Test "Completed" date

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's the spreadsheet.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:

You can find the App delivered, AOR and In progress dates from ECAS

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date
Citizenship Test "Completed" date
Thanks

App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1100
App Sent: 15 Dec 2019
App Delivered: 18 Dec 2019
AOR: 20 Feb 2020
In-Progress: Oct 2020
finger prints conpleted 19 Oct 2020
Test Email: 16 April 2021
Test Date: 28 April 2021
Test status update 3rd May 2021

rafa2mac

Jul 21, 2014
This morning, July 6th my tracker has been update with 2 new entry:
July 4th Ceremony set to in progress
August 30th oath scheduled.

now I just need to wait for the email in the next weeks… finally starting to see the end of this journey

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This morning, July 6th my tracker has been update with 2 new entry:
July 4th Ceremony set to in progress
August 30th oath scheduled.

now I just need to wait for the email in the next weeks… finally starting to see the end of this journey
Updated the spreadsheet! Congrats!

Thanks

App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1100
App Sent: 15 Dec 2019
App Delivered: 18 Dec 2019
AOR: 20 Feb 2020
In-Progress: Oct 2020
finger prints conpleted 19 Oct 2020
Test Email: 16 April 2021
Test Date: 28 April 2021
Test status update 3rd May 2021
Added you to the spreadsheet!

Reactions: rafa2mac

rafa2mac

Jul 21, 2014
Does anyone know if its possible to share the zoom link with family outside Canada so they can see my oath?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Does anyone know if its possible to share the zoom link with family outside Canada so they can see my oath?
I don't think so. At least I have not heard of anyone doing that or IRCC agreeing to it. I believe only participants are allowed to use the Zoom link and any family members or friends in the same room are allowed to join the ceremony with you.

MaxHeadroom

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC since JAN 2016
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
[Partially off-topic but not totally]
Does anyone know how can someone travel back to Canada if they leave after the oath ceremony but before getting a Canadian passport?
The PR status (and the PR card thereof) will be no longer valid after the ceremony so there will be no way of using the card. And getting a passport will probably take another 20-30 days (10-15 if expedited). Does this mean no one can leave return to Canada before getting the passport once they take the oath?

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Does anyone know how can someone travel back to Canada if they leave after the oath ceremony but before getting a Canadian passport?
The PR status (and the PR card thereof) will be no longer valid after the ceremony so there will be no way of using the card. And getting a passport will probably take another 20-30 days (10-15 if expedited). Does this mean no one can leave return to Canada before getting the passport once they take the oath?
per my knowledge, Apply for canadian pasport/ travel document from canadian embassy oversea.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The airline won't even let you board the plane to Canada if you do not have a passport. You'll have to apply for something like a temporary passport if you don't have a regular Canadian passport. Even to apply for a temporary passport, you'll need the citizenship certificate.

Once you get a citizenship certificate, you can potentially get your regular passport in 2 business days (Apply for urgent service and show proof as to why you need it so urgently).

Or, wait for your citizenship certificate and travel outside Canada with your other passport. Apply for a passport at the Canadian consulate abroad and when coming back to Canada, you can use that passport. The processing times might be more in this case.

Ideally, I wouldn't recommend travel if you don't have a Canadian passport.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
oath ceremony scheduled aug 11, all updated as completed same time. Please kindly update . Thanks
Congrats! I've updated the spreadsheet.

Your test invite email date incomplete, could you please provide that.

Also, please post an update once you receive the oath invitation via email.

All the best!!