+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/scheduled-online-canadian-citizenship-interview-cancelled.735162/

I don’t think it’s wasted time because people who go straight to DM after test also tend to wait a long time.

Anyway the fact your interview was scheduled soon might mean your file will actually be checked in the next few days.
Really!I got test invite on April 23rd, test completed May 9th & interview June 16. I thought I will get Oat invite in June

• Haha
Reactions: Tess90

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
This happened to me yesterday. My interview was at 7:30 AM and the officer called me 10 minutes before the interview just to cancel it. Anyhow prohibitions, language and physical presence changed from in progress to completed today. Just waiting for oath now.
Oh Wow , you must have been online by then and ready with all the documents. I’m lucky than. It’s good anyway,I have a toddler & had asked someone to babysit early morning.
Thanks for sharing though I was skeptical that may be it’s a spam as tracker is still showing interview to attend tomorrow.

Reactions: macy1207

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Nice, looks like the cancellation of interviews is a way to process more people faster. Is this not what everyone wants?
Yes, I don’t think there will be any interviews now. It’s good actually. Anyhow, my status was supposed to be changed tomorrow. Let’s see.

gpkaler13

Apr 26, 2021
hi guys..hope you can help - we applied Sept 2019 for citizenship which status shows Dec 2019- family of three.. for my husband, first FP request was Feb 2020, test completed April 27,2021 by my husband and April 25, 2021 by me.
Status shows test completed for both, but my husband's background complete to back in process, no FP request, no interview, we are stressed now
is this normal or any suggestions on how we can contact IRCC for updates please. I tried to call IRCC three times but my call is dropped each time after automatic messages ..please guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hi guys..hope you can help - we applied Sept 2019 for citizenship which status shows Dec 2019- family of three.. for my husband, first FP request was Feb 2020, test completed April 27,2021 by my husband and April 25, 2021 by me.
Status shows test completed for both, but my husband's background complete to back in process, no FP request, no interview, we are stressed now
is this normal or any suggestions on how we can contact IRCC for updates please. I tried to call IRCC three times but my call is dropped each time after automatic messages ..please guide
Yes, this is normal. Your husband will very likely get a second FP request because the clearance obtained based on the first FP has expired. (Criminality clearances are valid for one year only).

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
Finally got invited to the test!!

TEST START DATE: 2021-06-18 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
TEST END DATE: 2021-07-08 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
That gives me hope as your dates are similar to mine

JBUTT

Jun 3, 2015
I have a similar situation. FP done back in Mar-20 and test completed in May-21, background verification still in process. My wife never received FP request and her background status is completed. I don’t understand why such delay to request FP again if this is what they require? I called IRCC but they have no further information. Kindly advise if you receive any new FP request or may be your status change, this will help to align expectations.

Last edited:

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I have a similar situation. FP done back in Mar-20 and test completed in May-21, background verification still in process. My wife never received FP request and her background status is completed. I don’t understand why such delay to request FP again if this is what they require? I called IRCC but they have no further information. Kindly advise if you receive any new FP request or may be your status change, this will help to align expectations.
I have the same situation, test completed last week of April, my background status is still In progress my wife's status shows completed, I received FP request last year in September but I think they will just drag my application till that time and would tell me that now I have to do another FP.

gpkaler13

Apr 26, 2021
yesterday I raised webform, let's see what happens..sure will update if I see any update