+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Guys I need help.
My employer is asking me to provide valid status as my PR is expiring in 1 month.
I mentioned that my Citizenship is in progress and I am not planning to renew my PR. But will provide the DM status on my citizenship file and mentioned about Implied status.
I have completed my citizenship interview on May25th, (Dec 2019 Applicant). I am waiting for the status to change to Decission Made.
Let me know if this will work or you think I should start renewal process for my PR.
Please help. Thanks
Even if your PR card validity is expiring, you are still a valid permanent resident of Canada. You can’t travel with expired PR card. You can still be PR until unless it is revoked.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Guys I need help.
My employer is asking me to provide valid status as my PR is expiring in 1 month.
I mentioned that my Citizenship is in progress and I am not planning to renew my PR. But will provide the DM status on my citizenship file and mentioned about Implied status.
I have completed my citizenship interview on May25th, (Dec 2019 Applicant). I am waiting for the status to change to Decission Made.
Let me know if this will work or you think I should start renewal process for my PR.
Please help. Thanks
Your employer may not know the law. PR card is not created to prove valid status. It is just a travel document.

Your PR status can be proved with COPR/landing document and passport! Your SIN number can identify whether you are a PR or not. Only work permit holders are issued SIN numbers starting with 9. If yours is anything other than that, you should not have any restrictions with work!

More information here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/sin/temporary.html

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys I need help.
Please help. Thanks
This is weird. Your PR card DOES NOT decide your PR status. Your PR card can be expired for 10 years and you will still be a PR as long as you maintain the required physical presence in Canada. PR card is a travel document that lets you enter Canada as a Permanent Resident.

In any case, there is no guaranteed timeline for the application to go to DM. Apply for PR card renewal and provide the proof of that to your employer.

PS: I think it is very weird that your employer is asking you to "provide valid status" despite being a PR. May be there is a gap in their understanding or the company policy makers are not that great.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hi guys..we are dec 2019 applicant--family of three(husband wife and 13 year old son)..completed test on April 23,and husband April completed test April 27, but 20/20 ..test and backgroung completed for me . but for my hubby, test completed , backgroung check reverted back to in process --he did his first finger prints in Feb 2020, will he get FP request again? can anyone guide pls
There is a very good chance that your husband will receive fingerprint requests again.

Reactions: gpkaler13

YBnormal

Feb 14, 2021
Family size: single
App. Sent: Nov 27, 2019
App. Delivered: Dec 03, 2019
AOR: February 21, 2020
In Process ECAS: February 26, 2020
Test Invitation: Mar 03, 2021
Test Date - Passed: Mar 05, 2021 (Official result)
Interview date: June 10, 2021
Oath invite: Waiting

PS: ECAS is still “In Process”, both trackers haven’t been updated yet since the interview.

sande

Nov 23, 2015
Family size: single
App. Sent: Nov 27, 2019
App. Delivered: Dec 03, 2019
AOR: February 21, 2020
In Process ECAS: February 26, 2020
Test Invitation: Mar 03, 2021
Test Date - Passed: Mar 05, 2021 (Official result)
Interview date: June 10, 2021
Oath invite: Waiting

PS: ECAS is still “In Process”, both trackers haven’t been updated yet since the interview.
My dates are pretty much the same. CIC Halifax is too slow.

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Hi,
Tomorrow is my interview & I just received the cancellation email. That it’s not required anymore & application will proceed. Did this happen with anyone else?
Its a kind of joke, a day before interview they canceled it &wasted a month after test completion.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,
Tomorrow is my interview & I just received the cancellation email. That it’s not required anymore & application will proceed. Did this happen with anyone else?
Its a kind of joke, a day before interview they canceled it &wasted a month after test completion.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/scheduled-online-canadian-citizenship-interview-cancelled.735162/

I don’t think it’s wasted time because people who go straight to DM after test also tend to wait a long time.

Anyway the fact your interview was scheduled soon might mean your file will actually be checked in the next few days.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

macy1207

Jun 8, 2021
Hi,
This happened to me yesterday. My interview was at 7:30 AM and the officer called me 10 minutes before the interview just to cancel it. Anyhow prohibitions, language and physical presence changed from in progress to completed today. Just waiting for oath now.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice, looks like the cancellation of interviews is a way to process more people faster. Is this not what everyone wants?
As most people concluded, the tests and interviews used to be the bottle neck of processing the applications. Now, this bottle neck has been shifted to the oath ceremonies. Let’s hope they can move that as well.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Updated your name and oath date on the spreadsheet!

Could you also please provide the "Decision Made" date from ECAS? Thanks!
In the new tracker there is no decision made status but everything changed to complete 2 days after my interview (so on May 12) Thank you!

I can't believe they cancelled the interviews, so happy for you guys, mine was so stressful (technical issues)

Reactions: SandhuHarry