+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So if i try ryt now to chk link status will it show something or it will show doesnt exist
LOL why would you want to try the link now?

Be present for the interview at least 5 - 10 minutes before (in case there are any technical difficulties) and patiently wait for the officer to start it.

Good luck.

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Hi everyone,
I got test invite on April 23rd, test completed on May 9.
Received email for interview on June16 & a document request-Colored photocopy of passport.
Did anyone else got any document request?
Do we need to send the consent form & requested document in same email or separate?
Thanks!
Hi guys,
I am new - just applying for citizenship.
How it goes now? is the test online?
thanks

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Hey guys, any thoughts on this?

My tracker got last updated on May 26. I had received the second fingerprint request on May 22 which I sent promptly but according to the tracker they received them on May 24 (2 months later)!

Background verification is completed as of May 25. Rest all were completed by March 10 (my interview date). It says Citizenship ceremony not started.

The application status is In Progress. How long does it take to reach Decision Made after this?

auto_art

Aug 8, 2013
test
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
27-Aug-14
AOR Received.
neverrr-
IELTS Request
submited with App s6w7r7l7.5
File Transfer...
processing start 20-Feb-2015
Med's Request
14-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
19-Mar-2015, third line 27-Mar-15
Interview........
waived..hopefully..pray to God
Passport Req..
13-May-2015--sent 14-May-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-May-2015--PP back 23-May-2015--expiry 23-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
-
4 weeks since Oath. dec 2019 app delivered. no certificate still, ECAS DM.

max_0300

Apr 27, 2011
Hello Everyone, Just wondering if anyone here recently went through the interview with the officer after passing the citizenship test ?. I received an invite to attend the citizenship interview with the officer and in the PDF attachment they provided a URL for Microsoft teams but when I client on the URL it gives me an option to either use the browser or the application installed on the laptop for teams. However, regardless of which option I select i.e. application or web it does not allow an option to join the meeting and simply takes me to default teams screen. Just wondering if anyone faced this issue ? or is it because I am trying to join the meeting significantly earlier then the scheduled date/time. I want to ensure that everything is functional on my end to avoid any last moment hick ups.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello Everyone, Just wondering if anyone here recently went through the interview with the officer after passing the citizenship test ?. I received an invite to attend the citizenship interview with the officer and in the PDF attachment they provided a URL for Microsoft teams but when I client on the URL it gives me an option to either use the browser or the application installed on the laptop for teams.

1. However, regardless of which option I select i.e. application or web it does not allow an option to join the meeting and simply takes me to default teams screen.

2. Just wondering if anyone faced this issue ? or is it because I am trying to join the meeting significantly earlier then the scheduled date/time. I want to ensure that everything is functional on my end to avoid any last moment hick ups.
1. If you have installed teams already then it will take you to teams but it should allow you to be on web too even if you have installed. But it doesnt matter as both allows you to attend the meeting without any problem. You have teams installed in your machine currently?

2. Just try 5-10 mins before the meeting. It should be fine since it seems that the url is working hence there is no broken url hence you are good to wait till the meeting time.

sande

Nov 23, 2015
What is the waiting period to get DM from the interview.
I have completed my interview on May25th. No update since then. Also, noticed last updated time time on application status. In my case its May10th.
Does anyone know if the applications get updated once/twice a month ?
TIA

anton5000

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
A friend of mine sent me this screenshot from what it seems a FB group similar to this forum... This person did the test on May 2021 and yesterday already had the oath! The timeline surprised me (lucky!), so here's hoping for us that the officers are working fast :D

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
A friend of mine sent me this screenshot from what it seems a FB group similar to this forum... This person did the test on May 2021 and yesterday already had the oath! The timeline surprised me (lucky!), so here's hoping for us that the officers are working fast :D

Good for them , but it is disappointing for us to see . We applied in 2019 and nothing moved since.

rafa2mac

Jul 21, 2014
Is the excel tracker up to date? I see no more test invitations for almost a month. Still waiting for an invitation since AOR in early March 2020

sande

Nov 23, 2015
Guys I need help.
My employer is asking me to provide valid status as my PR is expiring in 1 month.
I mentioned that my Citizenship is in progress and I am not planning to renew my PR. But will provide the DM status on my citizenship file and mentioned about Implied status.
I have completed my citizenship interview on May25th, (Dec 2019 Applicant). I am waiting for the status to change to Decission Made.
Let me know if this will work or you think I should start renewal process for my PR.
Please help. Thanks

Last edited: