+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Is there a thread of how all of you prepared for the test? I downloaded couple of apps on my phone and reading discover Canada pdf but sometimes the questions seem easy but some tests are very tough, any prep pointers are much appreciated

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Is there a thread of how all of you prepared for the test? I downloaded couple of apps on my phone and reading discover Canada pdf but sometimes the questions seem easy but some tests are very tough, any prep pointers are much appreciated
There's smth, but the sources are limited. You will find and use a dozen websites at most. There's nothing else to write in such a thread )

SSA36

Apr 2, 2021
Honestly, I read the book thrice and highlighted major names, dates, and main points of each province. That helped alot. None of the questions came from the online practice tests; the book was my saviour.

Reactions: Vanecenz588

jad_122

Dec 19, 2019
I read the book twice and a lot of practice test for 2 days.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Curious about the process especially for folks from India, how does the renunciation of Indian citizenship happen in this process, I am assuming once you accept Canadian citizenship after the oath ceremony you can no longer be considered an Indian citizen? Officially, do we have to do some paperwork to switch over? Also, right at this time after the oath ceremony if somebody has to travel on an urgent basis, can the person still travel with an Indian passport?

ls200608

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Curious about the process especially for folks from India, how does the renunciation of Indian citizenship happen in this process, I am assuming once you accept Canadian citizenship after the oath ceremony you can no longer be considered an Indian citizen? Officially, do we have to do some paperwork to switch over? Also, right at this time after the oath ceremony if somebody has to travel on an urgent basis, can the person still travel with an Indian passport?
Most countries requires the same passport in and out of the border. When you enter with Indian passport they won’t know you’ve got foreign citizenship , but when you leave with an Indian passport they’ll ask for Canada visa or PR card , you don’t have Canadian visa obviously, before covid they take your PR card during the citizenship ceremony so you only have Canadian passport. Therefore when you leave the country they’ll know you have joined Canadian citizenship. However now you can still keep your PR card (if not expired ) so I assume you can still enter and leave with the same passport. Just keep in mind there’s a flight ban right now , the logistics of coming back is nearly impossible even with Canadian passport

Reactions: Bains87

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bains87,

The way to renunciate Indian citizenship is by cancelling your passport. You will have to process this through the Indian Consulate (BLS) here in Canada. You have upto 3 years from the date you take the Canadian citizenship oath. The cost is around $250. Plus they give you a certificate of renunciation along with that. You may need this if you intend to apply for OCI Card in the future.

Gov. of India allows 2 months of travel with the Indian passport post your Oath on emergency basis. Post that any unauthorized use of the Indian passport and/or failing to cancel your passport will result in hefty penalty

Reactions: Bains87

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Hi Bains87,

The way to renunciate Indian citizenship is by cancelling your passport. You will have to process this through the Indian Consulate (BLS) here in Canada. You have upto 3 years from the date you take the Canadian citizenship oath. The cost is around $250. Plus they give you a certificate of renunciation along with that. You may need this if you intend to apply for OCI Card in the future.

Gov. of India allows 2 months of travel with the Indian passport post your Oath on emergency basis. Post that any unauthorized use of the Indian passport and/or failing to cancel your passport will result in hefty penalty
Thanks Aeropostale , thanks for clarifying the 2 months rule

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Most countries requires the same passport in and out of the border. When you enter with Indian passport they won’t know you’ve got foreign citizenship , but when you leave with an Indian passport they’ll ask for Canada visa or PR card , you don’t have Canadian visa obviously, before covid they take your PR card during the citizenship ceremony so you only have Canadian passport. Therefore when you leave the country they’ll know you have joined Canadian citizenship. However now you can still keep your PR card (if not expired ) so I assume you can still enter and leave with the same passport. Just keep in mind there’s a flight ban right now , the logistics of coming back is nearly impossible even with Canadian passport
Thanks ls200608, i am not planning to go just wanted to be sure of the rules

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Hello,

What is the telephone number to call to check my application status?

I am a Dec 2019 applicant, and havent heard anything yet.

Thank you!