+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
I thought everything was smooth but then I received a voicemail today telling me that I have to be rescheduled to another date for the oath taking instead of taking my oath tomorrow. They said that there is another verification step to take and I'm just really confused/shocked. I don't know if this has to do with me updating my mailing address on ECAS as I am currently at my parents' place due to COVID and not at my primary residence. I made this update last Friday when I received the notice. Has anyone gone through something similar? Just such a pain because this means more waiting.

• Sad
Reactions: Ali G

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I thought everything was smooth but then I received a voicemail today telling me that I have to be rescheduled to another date for the oath taking instead of taking my oath tomorrow. They said that there is another verification step to take and I'm just really confused/shocked. I don't know if this has to do with me updating my mailing address on ECAS as I am currently at my parents' place due to COVID and not at my primary residence. I made this update last Friday when I received the notice. Has anyone gone through something similar? Just such a pain because this means more waiting.
It is very possible.This is why I don't change my address after an application with IRCC unless I really have to. You were so close !!

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
It is very possible.This is why I don't change my address after an application with IRCC unless I really have to. You were so close !!
Yeah I wanted them to send my certification to my current address not my home address. Though I called this morning and the lady said they decided to do a last minute verification and it might not have anything to do with me changing the address. Don't know what to believe in anymore lol.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Yeah I wanted them to send my certification to my current address not my home address. Though I called this morning and the lady said they decided to do a last minute verification and it might not have anything to do with me changing the address. Don't know what to believe in anymore lol.
If all address is in Canada. Does not make sense they do verification due to changing address lol. If you actually learn the discover book it says you have right to choose where you will live.

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
If all address is in Canada. Does not make sense they do verification due to changing address lol. If you actually learn the discover book it says you have right to choose where you will live.
I don't know lol but I am surprised they didn't elaborate on what the extra verification step means or the reason for such thing. I'd imagine they would not do any last minute check on the day before my oath, which was scheduled!

• Sad
Reactions: Ali G

dennis05

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Name: dennis05
Family size: Me and my wife
Physical Presence: 1176 and 1123
App. Sent: Dec 20th
App. Delivered: Dec 23rd
AOR: Feb 25, 2020
In Progress: Feb 29, 2020