+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ChoksBrissy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Guys! Who all have their agent “SM8376”? The agent/case officer is mentioned on the second page of gcms under the category “assigned to”. Lot of folks are waiting for PPR from this agent at Ottawa. I passed my remedical on 2nd December’21 and waiting.
That was my agent, he took a bit of time for him to work on my application. However, lately towards end the of last year, another agent took over with the processing of my application.

adipdaniel

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
@legalfalcon and other seniors
I have couple of queries
1. If we are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, do we need to send the vaccination proof to IRCC? WIll that help to speed up PPR arrival
2. I have applied for PR and waiting from Dec'2019, COR - India. In case my current employer gives me an option of applying for canada work permit, can the PR and work permit proceed in parallel? Or I have to inform IRCC that I am opting for work permit option.

Your replies are greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Alicia Belle

Alicia Belle

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
I have couple of queries
1. If we are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, do we need to send the vaccination proof to IRCC? WIll that help to speed up PPR arrival
2. I have applied for PR and waiting from Dec'2019, COR - India. In case my current employer gives me an option of applying for canada work permit, can the PR and work permit proceed in parallel? Or I have to inform IRCC that I am opting for work permit option.

Have you gotten a remedical request recently?
I bet you will receive your PPR soon.
I think you can run both concurrently.
Do wait for an expert opinion though. Cheers

Reactions: adipdaniel

adipdaniel

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Have you gotten a remedical request recently?
I bet you will receive your PPR soon.
I think you can run both concurrently.
Do wait for an expert opinion though. Cheers
Thanks for the reply Alicia.
Yes I had received a remedical request in March'21. I had completed the medicals for myself and partially for my spouse except for Xray (which I had completed in October 2021). Subsequently I had added my child to the application last month so I did upfront medicals for him. So the date of medicals completion reflecting in my profile is Dec 20th 2021. Wanted to check if we need to upload vaccination completion certificate for myself and spouse ad if it will help to speed up PPR issuance.
Thanks for clarifying on my second question as well. Appreciate your replies.

Eddyfrank

Sep 26, 2015
Guys! Who all have their agent “SM8376”? The agent/case officer is mentioned on the second page of gcms under the category “assigned to”. Lot of folks are waiting for PPR from this agent at Ottawa. I passed my remedical on 2nd December’21 and waiting.
We've got the same agent. No doubt I havent yet recieved ppr. I am Dec 17, 2019, remeds passed Dec 7, 2021. Lets hope he finalizes our files pretty quick.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I have couple of queries

1. No. Not required. But wouldn't hurt your application if you send one. I did send mine.
2. You can apply for WP while your PR is in process. Many have done that here. IRCC will know. Let IRCC know if you moved to Canada on WP.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Yes, I did speak to them a couple of times but they have always been unwilling to give any information.
Do you click on the link where it takes you to the application status theb provides the update that's on the gckey account account and then asks for an option to speak to someone ? I tried this and when i checked speak to someone it said there are no agents available to answer due to the high call volume. And I tried this at various times today. So I am wondering if I should choose another option to get an agent on the call

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have couple of queries

1. IRCC has nothing to do with vaccinations. When you give your meds, the panel physician may ask for proof, or the vaccination proof will be required when you land in Canada.

2. YOu can apply for a WP, it has nothing to do with your PR. When you apply, IRCC will know that you have another TRV application in process.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I know we can only speculate. But still, since you are based out of Canada and based on what you see with your clients and around, why is Ottawa Visa office which had sent extremely large number of remedical requests in Nov,Dec 2021 and continuing, not finalizing the apps and providing PPRs at the same rate?

If they do send these PPRs, its only going to help them in reducing backlogs and setting them on the path to achieving their immigration target for the year.

Also all these apps which had remedicals requested for, a lot of them had been approved per GCMS in 2020. So, from a common man point of view, finalizing them would be a very easy task once the medical are updated.

Please provide us your view on this. (I know that you always prefer sticking to facts and legal points, but it would be good to know for applicants like me what the experts think. It gives us some reason of what is happening. Its becoming very difficult to understand the operational pattern of IRCC especially given that i and many others have patiently been waiting for more than 2 years and that too with the GCMS even showing a COPR counterfoil in it from 2020)
The new COVID variant has been a damper and many employees have called in sick.

akriti91

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Do you click on the link where it takes you to the application status theb provides the update that's on the gckey account account and then asks for an option to speak to someone ? I tried this and when i checked speak to someone it said there are no agents available to answer due to the high call volume. And I tried this at various times today. So I am wondering if I should choose another option to get an agent on the call
I just called IRCC's number using TextNow app.