+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Traveller27

Dec 8, 2021
Currently, the rules in place are confusing and every day the government is adding to the rules or clarifying them.

I am not sure what country you are from and what rules are you referring to.
Thank you for your response. I am from Nigeria, I am referring to the current travel ban on travellers from Nigeria

Traveller27

Dec 8, 2021
Why not travel to an exempted country,stay 14 days and travel to Canada from there. I also know Ethiopian airlines is offering stop over, lodging & covid test in certain countries...so you can contact airlines too to advise how you should travel.
best of luck
Thank you so much for this, I will explore this option.

Traveller27

Dec 8, 2021
Thanks Alicia
I've taken a first look at the profile but the arrangement seems to only be for landed PRs and Citizens.
Unfortunately, I'm told I'll still be regarded a foreign traveller regardless of having a COPR.
Coming from an African country, there aren't so many countries I can travel from easily without a visa or so much extra cost from staying for 14 days, plus the uncertainty of having a neighboring African country that I've already travelled to, being added to the ban list before my scheduled trip to Canada.
@legalfalcon

Alicia Belle

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
Thanks Alicia
I've taken a first look at the profile but the arrangement seems to only be for landed PRs and Citizens.
Unfortunately, I'm told I'll still be regarded a foreign traveller regardless of having a COPR.
Coming from an African country, there aren't so many countries I can travel from easily without a visa or so much extra cost from staying for 14 days, plus the uncertainty of having a neighboring African country that I've already travelled to, being added to the ban list before my scheduled trip to Canada.
@legalfalcon
You should call Ethiopian airlines to reconfirm Sha. Cheers

Reactions: Traveller27

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Thanks Alicia
@legalfalcon
i think you should be able to travel. Pls confirm from the airline you intend to use . They assist with information before you can book a ticket. Go to the airport and confirm from those that do checkin.
I am from Nigeria too.

Reactions: Alicia Belle

Traveller27

Dec 8, 2021
i think you should be able to travel. Pls confirm from the airline you intend to use . They assist with information before you can book a ticket. Go to the airport and confirm from those that do checkin.
I am from Nigeria too.
Hi Judy

Thanks for your response, I checked with KLM today and they confirmed they are only carrying Landed PRs and Citizens. But I'll also check with Ethiopian Airlines.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Anyone with COR as india and did remeds after Thanksgiving? Is your gckey account updated with re medicals as passed?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks Alicia
@legalfalcon
Until you land in Canada and are admitted, you are NOT a PR.

You will have to comply with the public health guidelines. I am sorry, can't help much here.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Judy

Thanks for your response, I checked with KLM today and they confirmed they are only carrying Landed PRs and Citizens. But I'll also check with Ethiopian Airlines.
Can't help much here as all these regulations are new and your issue is very country-specific. I would encourage you to explore with other forum members and see what they are doing or have done. Also @Alicia Belle has provided you some good suggestions.

Reactions: Alicia Belle

EtaG

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Anyone with COR as india and did remeds after Thanksgiving? Is your gckey account updated with re medicals as passed?
I did on 25th nov, still not updated.. When did you do it? Im literally anxious on why they are not updating it.. I have seen some got it updated within a week.

Reactions: kevran32

Ismath

Jan 22, 2018
Hi All,
Can you please share the process of how you guys are doing upfront medical exam
Aor : 4 dec 2019
Cor : India

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
I did on 25th nov, still not updated.. When did you do it? Im literally anxious on why they are not updating it.. I have seen some got it updated within a week.
Same. Totally relate with the anxious bit, I think I signed into my account over 5 times in less than a day to check if anything was updated there. I hope they update it soon. So tired of waiting :(

Reactions: EtaG