+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
I have the same question... I see a Ghost update and I'm certain its because the medicals expired. However dont see an update on the application.
When was your medicals expired and what does currently reflect on your online account? Was it same like mine?

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
In most cases, if your medicals have expired, they will be extended, unless your medical grading was was not M1.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/medical-assessment-coding.html

If it was not M1, you may be asked for a remed.
I've read the link you shared and I would say yes we belong to category M1 as we don't have any current illnesses..so for that, I hope it really means they have extended our medicals cause it's a positive news for us..

Thank you @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I've read the link you shared and I would say yes we belong to category M1 as we don't have any current illnesses..so for that, I hope it really means they have extended our medicals cause it's a positive news for us..

Thank you @legalfalcon
There is no need to be concerned, your medicals if expired, or if about to expire, will be sent to the regional medical officer for reassessment and in most cases an extension is grated.

Cp9009

Star Member
May 22, 2020
When will they send us ppr mail ? Its really getting frustrating... its been more than a year now. A lot of my plans are getting delayed due to this.

HosaynRaza

Aug 1, 2019
@legalfalcon I am working in the USA and planning to shift to Canada at the earliest. Please help me to resolve my query i.e.

- Do I require to resign from my current job?
- If I can continue the same job from Canada then how I require to handle it while filing a tax return in the USA and Canada both.

Please note, I received COPR under PNP Program.
Thanks in advance.
Hi, would you like to share when is your COPR due to expire? also if your medical was extended and under what PNP program were you selected?

golu_molu

Nov 20, 2020
1. No, you do not have to resign from your job in the US as long as you have a valid work permit for US.

2. You only have to file a tax return where you are a resident. If you are a resident of Canada, then you are responsible to file taxes in Canada.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/information-been-moved/determining-your-residency-status.html

If you have tax withheld in the US by your employer, then you will have to file taxes in the US too. However, US and Canada have a tax Convention for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion, see:

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/programs/tax-policy/tax-treaties/country/united-states-america-convention-consolidated-1980-1983-1984-1995-1997.html
Thanks a lot @legalfalcon for your help

Reactions: legalfalcon

golu_molu

Nov 20, 2020
Hi, would you like to share when is your COPR due to expire? also if your medical was extended and under what PNP program were you selected?
COPR is good for next 6-7 months and My medicals were expired on Nov 15, 2020 (done on Nov 15, 2019). I did not receive any communication regarding extension but received PPR email around Nov 20, 2020. AOR was Nov 30, 2019. If you have not received re-medical request then I believe you are good on application. I know its frustrating but I was also waiting eagerly. I never applied for GCMS but I was calling IRCC every month i.e. after gap of 30 days to remind them I am also in the queue :) And one day they told me that we can see in our system that you are calling every month but there is no need to call and we will send you an email if anything required, then I stopped calling them. In the month of Oct 2020 I received 2 ghost updates with in 2 days and then silence of 1 month then again 1 ghost update in Nov 2020. After 1 week of November ghost update I received PPR email early morning and when I saw that email then I cleaned my eyes 2-3 times by hand to ensure m awake :)

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
expired on the 18th. Yes its the same - Jan 20, 2020 - You passed the med exam
Just wait for a while cause it's just 3 days ago after your medicals expired. Ours was 1st week December..check after 2 weeks maybe you will see the changes in your online account..

Reactions: pk2711

HosaynRaza

Aug 1, 2019
COPR is good for next 6-7 months and My medicals were expired on Nov 15, 2020 (done on Nov 15, 2019). I did not receive any communication regarding extension but received PPR email around Nov 20, 2020. AOR was Nov 30, 2019. If you have not received re-medical request then I believe you are good on application. I know its frustrating but I was also waiting eagerly. I never applied for GCMS but I was calling IRCC every month i.e. after gap of 30 days to remind them I am also in the queue :) And one day they told me that we can see in our system that you are calling every month but there is no need to call and we will send you an email if anything required, then I stopped calling them. In the month of Oct 2020 I received 2 ghost updates with in 2 days and then silence of 1 month then again 1 ghost update in Nov 2020. After 1 week of November ghost update I received PPR email early morning and when I saw that email then I cleaned my eyes 2-3 times by hand to ensure m awake :)
this is so helpful. I'm just trying to figure out how long until I have to move from US once I receive my COPR. As I received my AOR in Feb 2020, I'm hoping by next month or so I would be getting the lucky PPR email and then I have approx 6-7 months to wrap things up from US.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Pardon me, mates. Are any of you experiencing a delay on GCMS notes results? My order was placed on 14th November and it looks like that it would take me longer than usual to get the notes.
Most Gcms Notes are coming through on time and some are delayed by 60 days. Some third parties are experiencing dispropriate longer delays of 90 days. Next time around you can consider request the Gcms Notes from CBSA instead, see https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Svetilnik

Aug 6, 2019
Guys, I've finally received an answer to my inquiry. I sent a webform when my meds expired asking what should I expect and what is the current status of my application. The answer is as follows, no specific information
"
Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Well, I keep waiting :)

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Guys, I've finally received an answer to my inquiry. I sent a webform when my meds expired asking what should I expect and what is the current status of my application. The answer is as follows, no specific information
"
Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Well, I keep waiting :)
This is a generic response

IRCC can either extend the medicals or request for another medical examination. This is at IRCC's discretion. However, you can send a web form (CSE) and request for your medical to be extended.

Reactions: Svetilnik