+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Hari aksh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
Finally got PPR mail. As many of members said it was emotionally draining journey. Hope you all get the same soon.
AOR 30 DEC 2019
PNP OUTLAND
COR INDIA
@ legalfalcon can you help me understand what are next step as i have not got any mail for 2 way courrier. How will i pay required fees?
And up to what date visa stamping tell us to land over there?
The earliest passport expiry is of my daughter in sep-21. Asking this as i have not yet put resignation from my current job.
congratulations and all the best for the future.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
If your medials have expired or will expire, then they would have been sent for reassessment to the Regional Medical Officer, who will make a determination on whether to extend or ask for a remedial. This sometimes triggers a GU.

As regards GCMS notes, most notes are delayed or have extensions. This is largely due to the fact that there are extensive lockdowns due to COVID which has impacted most IRCC operations.
Thank you SO Much :) @legalfalcon . Should I expect an update on medicals in the coming week?

Reactions: legalfalcon

golu_molu

Nov 20, 2020
@legalfalcon I am working in the USA and planning to shift to Canada at the earliest. Please help me to resolve my query i.e.

- Do I require to resign from my current job?
- If I can continue the same job from Canada then how I require to handle it while filing a tax return in the USA and Canada both.

Please note, I received COPR under PNP Program.
Thanks in advance.

pallavi_deo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Hello everyone,
Can anyone help me with this?
I am trying to change my address through webform there a picklist at the very start to select (Change of contact information) to change the address do I need to select this or PR(applied online) this option, I tried sending one webform but there were no changes.

Is there a way to contact a specific VO, my application is at CIO Sydney about the change of address?

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
Hi everyone,
Finally got PPR mail. As many of members said it was emotionally draining journey. Hope you all get the same soon.
AOR 30 DEC 2019
PNP OUTLAND
COR INDIA
@ legalfalcon can you help me understand what are next step as i have not got any mail for 2 way courrier. How will i pay required fees?
And up to what date visa stamping tell us to land over there?
The earliest passport expiry is of my daughter in sep-21. Asking this as i have not yet put resignation from my current job.
Congratulations! May I ask if you applied before gcms and if it was stated there the approval date of your application? Or perhaps replies from webform. Thank you.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Pardon me, mates. Are any of you experiencing a delay on GCMS notes results? My order was placed on 14th November and it looks like that it would take me longer than usual to get the notes.

engineer1984

Jun 3, 2020
Pardon me, mates. Are any of you experiencing a delay on GCMS notes results? My order was placed on 14th November and it looks like that it would take me longer than usual to get the notes.
Yes, it's common to experience delay in receiving GCMS notes these days. I have also been waiting.

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
Guys for those their medicals were extended, does it says "you do not need a medical exam" on your online application? Our medicals were expired last December 4 (son) and 6 (husband and wife).

@legalfalcon does it mean there's a tendency that they extended our medicals or we still need to wait for their possible request to do it again?

Thank you guys.

Maulik Presswala

Feb 6, 2016
In my PPR mail only my UCI no is mentioned.
I m pr applicant i wonder and worry about my dependants.
Members who got PPR mail help me understand this.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Most GCMS notes are delayed or have extensions and do not expect any changes either. This has been acknowledged by the Information Commissioner of Canada.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/liberals-striving-for-balance-on-federal-transparency-trudeau-says-1.5235071

Some federal agencies have used the COVID-19 pandemic "as an excuse" to shirk their obligations, with a few institutions even completely closing their access offices, she added.

"Information commissioner Caroline Maynard Canada has criticized the Trudeau government for failing to provide the resources that departments and agencies need to answer the steeply growing number of requests from the public under the Access to Information Act."

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Guys for those their medicals were extended, does it says "you do not need a medical exam" on your online application? Our medicals were expired last December 4 (son) and 6 (husband and wife).

@legalfalcon does it mean there's a tendency that they extended our medicals or we still need to wait for their possible request to do it again?

Thank you guys.
In most cases, if your medicals have expired, they will be extended, unless your medical grading was was not M1.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/medical-assessment-coding.html

If it was not M1, you may be asked for a remed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I am working in the USA and planning to shift to Canada at the earliest. Please help me to resolve my query i.e.

- Do I require to resign from my current job?
- If I can continue the same job from Canada then how I require to handle it while filing a tax return in the USA and Canada both.

Please note, I received COPR under PNP Program.
Thanks in advance.

1. No, you do not have to resign from your job in the US as long as you have a valid work permit for US.

2. You only have to file a tax return where you are a resident. If you are a resident of Canada, then you are responsible to file taxes in Canada.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/information-been-moved/determining-your-residency-status.html

If you have tax withheld in the US by your employer, then you will have to file taxes in the US too. However, US and Canada have a tax Convention for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion, see:

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/programs/tax-policy/tax-treaties/country/united-states-america-convention-consolidated-1980-1983-1984-1995-1997.html

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020

Thank you guys.
I have the same question... I see a Ghost update and I'm certain its because the medicals expired. However dont see an update on the application.