Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, I got ready for visa email in Oct and sent my passports on 27 th Oct and it was delivered on Oct 28 to ircc. But there is no update after that, have tried calling and raising web forms and the agents just ask me to wait. Does anyone know how to retrieve the passports? @legalfalcon can you please let me know what I should do to get my passports back? Thanks!

You have to provide some context to your questions.

What is your Country of residence. Where did you send your passport to, did you send them to VFS or to an embassy.

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
I have a question. My spouse came on a student permit in 2018 and never had to give a biometric. When he applied for his pr, he didn't have to give a biometric. I was only asked to do my biometric as I got the email from CIC. He never got an email from CIC for biometric. What to do in this case? Also when we applied for PR, biometric was exempted for inside applicants. @legalfalcon @egam189

Last edited:

Aj9277

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-12-2019
Did any 1 receive PR card after being approved via PR confirmation portal ? If yes please provide the timeline when you receive ur PR card. Thanks

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Did any 1 receive PR card after being approved via PR confirmation portal ? If yes please provide the timeline when you receive ur PR card. Thanks
Hi congratulations. When was your GCMS approved? I am inland as well and I live in Vancouver. Do you live in Vancouver too?

Aj9277

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-12-2019
Hi congratulations. When was your GCMS approved? I am inland as well and I live in Vancouver. Do you live in Vancouver too?
Thanks, I live in toronto. Application got approved on 17th nov,2020 received copr but waiting for PR card. Wanted to know whats the time line for it.

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Thanks, I live in toronto. Application got approved on 17th nov,2020 received copr but waiting for PR card. Wanted to know whats the time line for it.
Was your gcms approved on Nov 17? I am wondering my spouse never had to give a biometrics and never got a biometric email. I had to only do my biometric. We called CIC they are saying background is successfully passed but we are worried as in we never got the biometric email for my
spouse. Will that be a problem?

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Guys. Anyone here who has been able to receive some sort of update from Ottawa office? Or at peast knows someone who has been able to do that?
(Specifically outland applucants and especially FSW)

shadow_egy

Jul 17, 2020
Egypt
Category........
FSW
Guys. Anyone here who has been able to receive some sort of update from Ottawa office? Or at peast knows someone who has been able to do that?
my medicals expired 2 days ago, yet no update. Last update was in April : final decision approved.
but still pending transfer to LVO

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon do you mind if I ask a question?
My file has been approved mid-October (through GCMS) and has been transferred to LVO (confirmed with them through email). But I have not received PPR yet. Is this normal? If my file is transfered to LVO does this mean my PPR should be issued by LVO or Ottawa itself?
I highly appreciate your expert response.

meiqian

Jun 2, 2019
no ppr from ottawa for people offshore. i guess we just won't have any updates until next year. cases are still high. Christmas is coming and guess they won't make any bold move. Vaccine is on the horizon. From their perspective, it's better to continue putting us on hold. this year is so dragging

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have a question. My spouse came on a student permit in 2018 and never had to give a biometric. When he applied for his pr, he didn't have to give a biometric. I was only asked to do my biometric as I got the email from CIC. He never got an email from CIC for biometric. What to do in this case? Also when we applied for PR, biometric was exempted for inside applicants. @legalfalcon @egam189
Biometrics was only exempt for those who have provided biometrics in last 10 years. If not, then you will get a call from your closest Service Canada.

Biometrics collection in Canada
Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years
Biometric fee

You don’t have to pay the biometric fee when you submit your application, even if the system tells you to pay it.

If you paid the fee, we’ll automatically refund it once we finalize your application.

Permanent residence applicants who have not given biometrics within the last 10 years
Find out if you need to give your biometrics.

Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for permanent residence applicants who have received a biometric instruction letter (BIL) and have not given their biometrics within the last 10 years.

Service Canada officers will call you at the telephone number you provided in your application to schedule your biometrics appointment. There is no additional fee to pay, and you don’t need a new BIL.

Don’t go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada officer calls you and schedules an appointment for you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon do you mind if I ask a question?
My file has been approved mid-October (through GCMS) and has been transferred to LVO (confirmed with them through email). But I have not received PPR yet. Is this normal? If my file is transfered to LVO does this mean my PPR should be issued by LVO or Ottawa itself?
I highly appreciate your expert response.
It can be issued by either CPC or your LVO. However, all files will be eventually transferred to your LVO as that is where your cOPR will be generated.

Many files are pending even when they have been approved in GCMS. So you will just have to wait it out.

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Biometrics was only exempt for those who have provided biometrics in last 10 years. If not, then you will get a call from your closest Service Canada.

Biometrics collection in Canada
Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years
Biometric fee

You don’t have to pay the biometric fee when you submit your application, even if the system tells you to pay it.

If you paid the fee, we’ll automatically refund it once we finalize your application.

Permanent residence applicants who have not given biometrics within the last 10 years
Find out if you need to give your biometrics.

Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for permanent residence applicants who have received a biometric instruction letter (BIL) and have not given their biometrics within the last 10 years.

Service Canada officers will call you at the telephone number you provided in your application to schedule your biometrics appointment. There is no additional fee to pay, and you don’t need a new BIL.

Don’t go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada officer calls you and schedules an appointment for you.
Thanks for the information. I got a call for my biometrics last year and I did it. But my spouse never got his biometrics call and its still showing on his account that he doesn't need fingerprints. As per we remember, he never has given biometrics in the last 10 year. Our background check is also approved. Is there a chance they might call him for biometrics now after background check is done before the next step (which is Copr) ? @legalfalcon