+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
If the webform response states that the verifications are currently valid, “valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant.

Based on your response, your security has not been initiated, which starts after the eligibility is conclusively passed by an officer.

To read more on webform responses, see https://bit.ly/393JLx1

The eligibility takes place in two stages. First an analyst or an assistant will review and make a recommendation. This can be recommended passed / Met / etc. This recommendation is then reviewed by an officer who makes a final determination. See my previous post on this at #2,521
Thank you for your reply. I have another question: my eligibility was remarked as "review required by officer" by a case processing analyst until October when I saw a ghost update. Previously, all of my webform responses were "the responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements" before October 5th, 2020. But after the GU on that day, I raised a few webforms to ask about my application status and I got some different responses about my eligibility verification such as:
  • "The eligibility verification is currently valid."
  • "The responsible office has completed verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied."
  • "The responsible office has verified that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied."
The question is that whether a "Review Required by Officer" case can be partially passed by assistant/analyst or it can only be reviewed and passed by a senior officer.

Last edited:

pallavi_deo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Prob Ottawa. I think both Ottawa and CIO can send you PPR or they may change your VO or transfer it to LVO. Can't say for sure which office is slower than which now as covid situation can change and it will affect their work. Mine was at Ottawa, Edmonton, Sydney, Vancouver and now Niagra Falls :(
Thank you for replying...
where can you check on GCMS notes that your VO got passed through these many locations?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thank you for your reply. I have another question: my eligibility was under remarked as "review required by officer" a case processing analyst until October when I saw a ghost update. Previously, all of my webform responses were "the responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements" before October 5th, 2020. But after the GU on that day, I raised a few webforms to ask about my application status and I got some different responses about my eligibility verification such as:
  • "The responsible office has completed verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied."
  • "The responsible office has verified that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied."
The question is that whether a "Review Required by Officer" case can be partially passed by assistant/analyst or it can only be reviewed and passed by a senior officer.
Eligibility will only be "passed" by the "visa officer", the case analyst can only make a recommendation. In your case, it is possible the visa officer moved the case ahead.

Webforms are known for providing vague responses.

Reactions: haihttran

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your reply. I have another question: my eligibility was remarked as "review required by officer" by a case processing analyst until October when I saw a ghost update. Previously, all of my webform responses were "the responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements" before October 5th, 2020. But after the GU on that day, I raised a few webforms to ask about my application status and I got some different responses about my eligibility verification such as:

The eligibility is conclusively passed only after it is conclusively passed by an officer. All notes by an analyst / assistant are recommendations.

Dec-2019

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi so i have received the counterfoil on the passport and the COPR Form. Expiry date of the visa is March 2021, so i should be able to travel anytime right. Are there are travel restrictions. I'm travelling from Sri Lanka

Kumar2020

May 9, 2020
@legalfalcon I need your support on my below query. Please reply. I received COPR on 28th October 2020 and it valid until 30th Jan 2021. Currently I cannot travel as still travel restrictions are there. But I'm ready to travel if they allow. Can I ask for travel authorization? Please advice on how can I proceed. Thank you very much.

Kumar2020

May 9, 2020
Hi
Hi so i have received the counterfoil on the passport and the COPR Form. Expiry date of the visa is March 2021, so i should be able to travel anytime right. Are there are travel restrictions. I'm travelling from Sri Lanka
Hi i am also from Sri Lanka. My Visa expires in Jan. I'm worried whether I can travel before it expires.

Hari aksh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
I raised webform on 3rd of Nov and received it yesterday. It says

The eligibility requirements are passed.
The background verifications are in process.
The security background verification has not been initiated.

Does this mean my eligibility is passed? and the next step is securtiy?
If this is the case than why background verification is showing in process?
I'll really appreciate if someone can clear my doubts. Tia

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
Hi. Is there any reason why security checks are taking so long these days?
A number of friends and I are stuck in A-34 comprehensive screening for 6 months now. And I am told there are many applications passed the criminality and eligibility, but security is not initiated for more that 4 months now

Does it mean that CBSA and CSIS are busy with some others tasks ro sth?

@legalfalcon

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
And does anybody know why Ottawa VO is not issuing new PPRs for FSW Outland applicants, while other visa offices such as Sydney have been sending PPR email regularly?

Is Ottawa responsible for Family Sponsorship Applications which is given the first priority according to Minister of Immigration?

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
I raised webform on 3rd of Nov and received it yesterday. It says

The eligibility requirements are passed.
The background verifications are in process.
The security background verification has not been initiated.

Does this mean my eligibility is passed? and the next step is securtiy?
If this is the case than why background verification is showing in process?
I'll really appreciate if someone can clear my doubts. Tia
According to this response, Eligibility is passed. Background checks consist of criminality and security, which in your case, again according to this response, it seems that criminality is in process, but security is not started yet. Unfortunately, they are so slow with security checks these days. Back in normal time, security normally would start within weeks after eligibility was passed. But nowadays it takes more than 4 months in some cases for security to be started after eligibility is passed.

Reactions: Hari aksh

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
I got my new set of GCMS notes. They haven't done anything to my case. Only section 'Online properties' had another date. Sigh.

David_goCA

Sep 15, 2020
My AOR is 18/11/2019, on 18/11/2020(1 year ceremony), I got "Ready for visa"/PPR email. However, all of my family members are inside Canada, it is super awkward to receive PPR other than CoPR landing paper instead. Then I call IRCC service center, they told me the CIO may not know I'm appear inside Canada, but in fact I have already informed them via webform and they also confirmed acknowledgment that we entry in. In current situation, we cannot deliver passport to Ottawa for stamping or it is unable to validate PR status at border or inland ircc office, coz such services are cancelled at the moment. Don't know how long have to wait CoPR.......