+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ad05

Feb 25, 2020
I had a ghost update too! I logged in and it said Application/Profile Updated and then logged in the second time it said Submitted. Not sure if it was a glitch or actual GU! I am AOR Dec 1, FSW - O. Eligibility, Security and Criminality all are valid.

Reactions: ronton

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
@caipsnotes
Hi
Request if you can decipher the contents of my GCMS notes (I am an Ontario PNP nominated FSW PR applicant).
I have made an extract of it under this link : https://ibb.co/8dPr6Pv
Further, in the latest webform reply dated 29th October 2020, I got the following info.:
"Please be advised your application has had a positive determination, however due to disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 there may be an impact on processing times. You will be contacted in regards to “Next Steps” in the near future."
I am bit worried about :
1) Outgoing Correspondence-1 reg. Kit, Application forms which I never received a request from them and don't know what this means and whether any action is really required from my side

2) Notes-1 reg. additional proof of funds. This ADR I received and immediately replied through updation in online account with suitable docs to their satisfaction . The same is also reflected in GCMS notes (Notes-3 and Notes-2). However, to be doubly sure I forwarded the documents through webform also and called them to inform about it after 10 days or so and this what reflected in Notes-1.

3) What do they exactly mean by Positive determination, that final decision is approved? Or is it still some intermediate process? As per information received from various sources (webform, telephone, e-mail) I had already passed all stages since 19th May 2020 and I always get standard issue replies like-Valid, Met, passed, etc. But this above webform reply is first time that they are conveying positive determination, so I am bit elated but sadly nothing after that.

Regards,

haripriya1012

Aug 12, 2019
Hello Everyone!

I got my PPR this morning! Received a ghost update last week. I was assuming that it would be for my medical extension which would be expiring Nov 22, but received PPR today but did not see any update on Medical Extension. Hope to see an update along with COPR. I applied from US - PNP Outland.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

As we wait for the PR issuance, need your expert advice on our situation.

My spouse is the primary applicant and she currently resides in Montreal. As we wait for the PR issuance, based on the response of other members I understand that she will have to confirm the address whenever the agent calls her for verification and she will also have to provide it on the portal. Since we have applied under Express entry and provided intend to leave Quebec letter, will it be fine to provide a Montreal address for now? She is planning to move (outside Quebec) once we get the PR and I (currently residing in India) relocate to Canada.

Thank you!

Warm Regards,
AJ

The law regarding residency in QC and FSW is listed in subsection 75(1), which states:

75. (1) For the purposes of subsection 12(2) of the Act, the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

A plain reading of the above does not say that just because you are living in QC bars you from being eligible under FSW, as long as you can show an intention to live outside QC.

Also see the following case for a greater clarity on "who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec."

Dhaliwal v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2016 FC 131 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/gn7xb>

If you get a PPR, unless you are studying or are in QC for a temporary purpose, you will have to clearly show that you will move out as stated in your application.

Reactions: AshJ19

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys,

I had a quick question. I received an update on my profile today. It said "Application/Profile Updated" and the change I believe was the Medicals.. It said "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

I believe this means that my medicals were extended. Please confirm.

I also just received an email from Agent IRCC as well with the following text:

Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, please confirm both your current residential addresses.

Does this mean my application is close to being approved? Tagging @legalfalcon for additional assistance, if necessary.
AOR: Dec 25, 2019.
FSW-Outland
VO: Montreal

Thank you in advance for any help!
This is a good sign. Send a webform and ask for what stage your application is at.

Reactions: ronton

ABLUCKNOW

Jun 10, 2020
To the applicants currently in India who got passport request on 07 Nov - Are you able to contact VFS for scheduling passport pickups?
Their helpline (022 6853 9025) is not operational and they are not responding to mails sent last week? Not sure how else to contact them

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
To the applicants currently in India who got passport request on 07 Nov - Are you able to contact VFS for scheduling passport pickups?
Their helpline (022 6853 9025) is not operational and they are not responding to mails sent last week? Not sure how else to contact them
Instructions to follow after PPR

"As of today, November 13, all clients who receive a passport request letter from IRCC may now contact VFS at: PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com to confirm their 2-way courier service."
- Canada in India Twitter handle

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes
Hi
Request if you can decipher the contents of my GCMS notes (I am an Ontario PNP nominated FSW PR applicant).
I have made an extract of it under this link : https://ibb.co/8dPr6Pv
Further, in the latest webform reply dated 29th October 2020, I got the following info.:
"Please be advised your application has had a positive determination, however due to disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 there may be an impact on processing times. You will be contacted in regards to “Next Steps” in the near future."
I am bit worried about :
1) Outgoing Correspondence-1 reg. Kit, Application forms which I never received a request from them and don't know what this means and whether any action is really required from my side

2) Notes-1 reg. additional proof of funds. This ADR I received and immediately replied through updation in online account with suitable docs to their satisfaction . The same is also reflected in GCMS notes (Notes-3 and Notes-2). However, to be doubly sure I forwarded the documents through webform also and called them to inform about it after 10 days or so and this what reflected in Notes-1.

3) What do they exactly mean by Positive determination, that final decision is approved? Or is it still some intermediate process? As per information received from various sources (webform, telephone, e-mail) I had already passed all stages since 19th May 2020 and I always get standard issue replies like-Valid, Met, passed, etc. But this above webform reply is first time that they are conveying positive determination, so I am bit elated but sadly nothing after that.

Regards,
Hi. Your application looks in great shape. Your security is passed as well as it's blank and the web form response indicates that you are at the final stages as well. You should be elated and just have to wait to hear from IRCC about the next steps. You don't have to worry about POF as IRCC is in receipt of it. If IRCC needs anything at this point they will reach out to you. As for the outgoing correspondence does it have correspondence ID associated with it, also it was assigned to RC-6262 which is the CIO.

vidhi3988

Jun 5, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
I need your expert advice. I have been very anxious. My medical were extended until May 2021. But my spouse’s medical expired last week. They took 7 months to give me extension. And will it take same length of time for my husband too?? Although, my husband is the primary applicant. Please shower some light on this.
AOR- 5/12/2019
Cec
Both of us are in Canada

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
The law regarding residency in QC and FSW is listed in subsection 75(1), which states:

75. (1) For the purposes of subsection 12(2) of the Act, the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

A plain reading of the above does not say that just because you are living in QC bars you from being eligible under FSW, as long as you can show an intention to live outside QC.

Also, see the following case for greater clarity on "who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec."

Dhaliwal v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2016 FC 131 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/gn7xb>

If you get a PPR, unless you are studying or are in QC for a temporary purpose, you will have to clearly show that you will move out as stated in your application.
@legalfalcon Thanks a lot for your prompt support

We had submitted a similar letter in April`20 after receiving the procedural fairness notification from IRCC. So our intend to reside outside Quebec has been accepted (as per the GCMS notes)

Now, since my spouse is in Montreal, she (being the primary applicant) will have to provide the address to the agent who calls for confirmation as well as on the IRCC portal for virtual landing.

Below are the 3 possibilities I can think off

• Book Airbnb/Sublet from 1-Jan-2021 for 3 months in Toronto (that is the city we intend to live in) and continue with the Montreal lease for the transition (once I get to travel, will help her move)
    • In this case, we get to update the address to IRCC after the booking
  • We give the Montreal address and once the PR card is issued and I get to travel, I can help my spouse relocate
    • In this case, we will be giving the Montreal address to the agent and on the portal and later on procure the lease
  • She can come to India, update India address and once the PR is issued – we travel back together and find a place in Toronto
    • In this case, our application might change from being Inland to Outland

The plan is definitely to move out of Quebec, but since my spouse is working there and in midst of the pandemic finding another job and relocating is a challenge hence we have pushed it to date.

Sorry, I have bombed you will lot of info but would be really great if you can suggest as to how we proceed, paying rent for 2 locations is going to be a costly affair, and given that there is no clarity on when we get PR cards – we are struggling on how to proceed. Also, does Airbnb booking suffice as a valid address change?

Thanks a lot!

Plol

Nov 4, 2020
Hi. Your application looks in great shape. Your security is passed as well as it's blank and the web form response indicates that you are at the final stages as well. You should be elated and just have to wait to hear from IRCC about the next steps. You don't have to worry about POF as IRCC is in receipt of it. If IRCC needs anything at this point they will reach out to you. As for the outgoing correspondence does it have correspondence ID associated with it, also it was assigned to RC-6262 which is the CIO.
hi, i have similar outgoing correspondence which was also assigned to RC-6262 CIO, what does this mean as i also did not receive any mail from IRCC

nkaspvk62

Nov 13, 2019
Hello all,
One quick question, If we receive a medical extension in our application, does it mean all stages are passed?
Waiting for your feedback. Thank