Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon would be glad if you can answer my query. My medicals are about to expire by 19th November, and in my case my wife is a principal applicant and her medical will expire on 10th December, however our medicals were passed on 15th January 2020. But still I haven't heard anything from CPC-Ottawa for medical extension or to redo it, despite as per the webform reply 3 months back our elegibility is passed and security and criminality is valid.
What should be the next step and what should we expect?

If your medicals are about to expire, then they will be sent for reassessment to the Regional Medical Officer who will make an assessment on whether to extend them or ask for a re-med.

You will see this change on your MycIC account.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon hope you are well.
I wanted to ask a quick question if you don't mind. Is there any authority that we can send an email to requesting them to graciously and kindly take a look at the situation at Ottawa VO? It has been such a long a time of inactivity for outland applicants at this office while many other VOs are operating at least at some level of capacity. It is becoming mentally torturing not hearing anything back from this VO.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Email Received:

UCI: XXXXXXXX

Application: XXXXXX

Given name(s) and family name(s): XXXXXX

Email: XXXXXX

Good news! We are ready to finalize your status as a permanent resident in Canada.

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, and limited capacity for in-person services in our office, IRCC has developed a Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal and created an account in your name that you can use to:
  • confirm that you are currently residing in Canada and confirm the address where you live. Your permanent resident card will be sent in the mail to this address.
  • upload a photo in a digital format (JPEG or PNG; both formats will be accepted), or you can also take a photo with your mobile device.
Step 1: Sign in to your account
To sign in, use the following information:
  • Username: XXXXX
  • Temporary password: XXXXXXX
    • Notice: This is a temporary password that will expire in 14 days. After you sign in, you will need to change the password. You will then need to log into the portal again using your new password.
  • Click this link to sign in to the Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal: XXXXXXXX
Step 2: Confirm that you are currently in Canada and upload a photo within the next 14 days
Once you submit your information, it will be reviewed by IRCC.
  • If further information is needed, a message will be sent to you through this email address:XXXXXXXXX
  • If the information is complete, your status as a permanent resident will be confirmed and your PR card will be printed and mailed to you.
For additional information on the Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal please visit our FAQ Page.
Congratulations! I think you’re the first applicant that I saw to receive invite on the new PR confirmation portal. Please keep us posted when you receive your PR card!

Reactions: Aj9277

Mustafa Kakakhel

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi Everyone,
My medical is expiring Nov 21, 2020, but I have not heard anything from IRCC yet. Is there anything I can do about it or need to do about it? Application is still in progress.

Aj9277

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-12-2019
Congratulations! I think you’re the first applicant that I saw to receive invite on the new PR confirmation portal. Please keep us posted when you receive your PR card!
Yes, I will.

Reactions: Riotsam

Aj9277

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-12-2019
Hi Everyone,
My medical is expiring Nov 21, 2020, but I have not heard anything from IRCC yet. Is there anything I can do about it or need to do about it? Application is still in progress.
You can't do anything, mine expired in May,2020and they extended it till May2021 on 31st Aug, 2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon hope you are well.
I wanted to ask a quick question if you don't mind. Is there any authority that we can send an email to requesting them to graciously and kindly take a look at the situation at Ottawa VO? It has been such a long a time of inactivity for outland applicants at this office while many other VOs are operating at least at some level of capacity. It is becoming mentally torturing not hearing anything back from this VO.

The government is aware of the issue. However, Ottawa is currently a red zone and has been for the last few weeks. Operational realities are not unknown to the higher ups. The COVID cases are increasing and there is nothing much that any one can do. A lot of people have tried twitter campaigns, there are newspaper reports etc. But the fact of the matter remains is that we have to be patient. Everyone has a story and is facing hardship. So is IRCC and the their workforce.

Currently IRCC is prioritising family reunification, refugees application from Hong Kong and is continuing to process other applications as per their capacity.

DEEMAH

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
waiting
NOC Code......
6322 EOI FILED : 07/03/2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
waiting
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
waiting
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Dreaming
https://ibb.co/RQQ3Q4t
Please refer the above link ,screen of someone's reply from IRCC regarding hold on inland application.who's dependent staying overseas.

DEEMAH

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
waiting
NOC Code......
6322 EOI FILED : 07/03/2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
waiting
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
waiting
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Dreaming
Policy makers in IRCC are really genius. They just claimed that "we are prioritizing family reunification", while "we are placing such applications on hold". How could they say both?
Said exactly. They will not understand our frustration .

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @caipsnotes I called CIC today , the agent said everything is passed as of now but he don’t know what the final decision will be i.e., approved or refused. So what are chances after everything is passed?He kept insisting everything is passed as of now. What does this means? Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Hi. Sounds encouraging that everything is passed and hopefully it's a positive outcome too. It's speculative but encouraging; did you send a web form as well

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
Been proactive with a letter of explanation won't be bad.
Tnx for your response. Actually, I would have told her to do so, as well
But I wished sb had the same experience, so that I can be more accurate with providing a suggestion with her case.

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
Hi, hope your are doing well, I do appreciate your advice @legalfalcon on a question on behalf of one of my acquaintances:

Based on GCMS note, her application is stuck in CPC-Ottawa since February 2020. Based on Case Analyst's note on February, her application meets the eligibility criteria under FSW category. However, no news from the officer to pass the eligibility after almost 8 months. It seems that the officer left a generic opening note for the application on March 6th, but nothing else afterwards.

There are two problems with her application, though. First, her employment letter does not present the amount of her latest annual salary, which the case analyst has noted and left a note that the salary is N/A. However, suggested eligibility meets the requirements.

Second, She has forgotten to include the certified copies of the translated documents.

Can either of these lead to a refusal based on your experience? And, would it be wise for her to send the certified copies and a new Proof of Work experience via a webform, considering almost 9 months has elapsed since her eAOR? Or she'd better wait for the officer and any possible additional document?

Sorry for raising the same question again. I thought you might have not noticed it the previous time

Last edited:

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
@legalfalcon
Hi
Request if you can decipher the contents of my GCMS notes (I am an Ontario PNP nominated FSW PR applicant).
I have made an extract of it under this link : https://ibb.co/8dPr6Pv
Further, in the latest webform reply dated 29th October 2020, I got the following info.:
"Please be advised your application has had a positive determination, however due to disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 there may be an impact on processing times. You will be contacted in regards to “Next Steps” in the near future."
I am bit worried about :
1) Outgoing Correspondence-1 reg. Kit, Application forms which I never received a request from them and don't know what this means and whether any action is really required from my side

2) Notes-1 reg. additional proof of funds. This ADR I received and immediately replied through updation in online account with suitable docs to their satisfaction . The same is also reflected in GCMS notes (Notes-3 and Notes-2). However, to be doubly sure I forwarded the documents through webform also and called them to inform about it after 10 days or so and this what reflected in Notes-1.

3) What do they exactly mean by Positive determination, that final decision is approved? Or is it still some intermediate process? As per information received from various sources (webform, telephone, e-mail) I had already passed all stages since 19th May 2020 and I always get standard issue replies like-Valid, Met, passed, etc. But this above webform reply is first time that they are conveying positive determination, so I am bit elated but sadly nothing after that.

Regards,

Reach-Canada

Aug 7, 2020
Just collected passports and COPR, does anyone know why "not valid for travel" is water marked on copr? Also our medicals were extended by 2.5 months ..upto end March. Hope we are able to travel before that.

Aor 15.12.2019
PNP NB
Outland