+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
Okay so what's the question? Wait for the passport, scan it and send a webform + attachment of the photocopy to IRCC.
So the question is, option-1 : do we wait till the passport is renewed to update IRCC or option-2: we update them now (through the webfrom) saying we have applied for passport renewal and once we get the passport will share the updated copy.

Was thinking of option-2 because just in case we get COPR while the passport is still in process. Can it create any problem?

Thanks!

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
So the question is, option-1 : do we wait till the passport is renewed to update IRCC or option-2: we update them now (through the webfrom) saying we have applied for passport renewal and once we get the passport will share the updated copy.

Was thinking of option-2 because just in case we get COPR while the passport is still in process. Can it create any problem?

Thanks!
Option 1. Tell them after it is renewed. No point in giving them half info which does no good for u or ircc. Rest upto u

Reactions: nns14 and AshJ19

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
Hi, hope your are doing well, I appreciate your advice @legalfalcon
I am an outland applicant received my AOR at 24th of December 2019. I received 2 updates on 21st and 26th of May 2020 (Ottawa CPC).
Upon call to IRCC call center I was told eligibility and criminality are passed and security and background check started on May 26th
However, no updates and no news of security status completion since then

Should I request a GCMS note or CBSA note at this stage ( No notes requested before )?

By the way, I have not been asked for any additional documents and I really did not expect such a long security processing time. No rejected visas, no governmental job, few travels ( Turkey and Canada once ). So, is this long security check period normal in my case?

Last edited:

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019

Thanks!
Option 1

Reactions: AshJ19

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, hope your are doing well, I appreciate your advice @legalfalcon
I am an outland applicant received my AOR at 24th of December 2019. I received 2 updates on 21st and 26th of May 2020 (Ottawa CPC).
Upon call to IRCC call center I was told eligibility and criminality are passed and security and background check started on May 26th
However, no updates and no news of security status completion since then

Should I request a GCMS note or CBSA note at this stage ( No notes requested before )?

By the way, I have not been asked for any additional documents and I really did not expect such a long security processing time. No rejected visas, no governmental job, few travels ( Turkey and Canada once ). So, is this long security check period normal in my case?
If your security screening commenced on Mat 26, no need to be concerned yet. Give it some time. However, the info provided over the phone may not always be accurate. When IRCC stays that the BGC is in progress, it may only include criminality.

Criminality and security, both fall under BGC.

Security is usually completed in 3-6 weeks for most applicants, unless they are in security screening. One indicator of being in enhanced security screening is that 2 months have passed since your eligibility was conclusively passed, and your security was initiated.

To read on security, the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/3mQQvmu

Also, you should request your GCMS notes to see the exact dates. However, before you do, send a webform and know the status of your application, and also call.

The CBSA notes and GCMS notes look exactly the same as both IRCC and CBSA use the Global Case Management System, and the only difference being that the security related info is redacted in GCMS notes, but is usually not in CBSA. The CBSA notes let you know the date when the security screening was initiated.

However, in the GCMS notes too, you can see the "Activities" section and it may also show your security related activities on your application.

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
Tnx a lot for your response @legalfalcon . Actually, I called IRCC call center twice and both agents told me criminality is passed, and one agent specifically told me that the security check commenced on May 26th. He gave me the date
I also raised a webform last week which says:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· The background verifications are in process.

· The security background verification is in process.

· The criminality background verification is valid.

· The responsible office has verified if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.

gabru_007

Aug 18, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
Please help to understand, is it safe to request GCMS from getgcms.com or any other website and why I am asking because we require to share confidential details with these websites. And after authorizing, can they do anything on our application or authority is limited to gcms notes only.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Tnx a lot for your response @legalfalcon . Actually, I called IRCC call center twice and both agents told me criminality is passed, and one agent specifically told me that the security check commenced on May 26th. He gave me the date
I also raised a webform last week which says:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· The background verifications are in process.

· The security background verification is in process.

· The criminality background verification is valid.

· The responsible office has verified if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
This indicates that your security is in progress and your eligibility is passed. You just have to wait.

“valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant.

See https://bit.ly/2FZgYh4

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
Please help to understand, is it safe to request GCMS from getgcms.com or any other website and why I am asking because we require to share confidential details with these websites. And after authorizing, can they do anything on our application or authority is limited to gcms notes only.

Thanks
The consent form that you sign is only obtain your GCMS notes, this does not replace a representative, lawyer or consultant, if you have one or provide any authority to make any decision on your application. Also, if you are in Canada, you can request your own GCMS notes directly from IRCC through the website: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

The form used for GCMS notes is IMM 5744.

To add a person as a representative you have to use the form IMM 5561

The GCMS notes are processed and released under the Access to Information Act, where as the processing of your application happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, they are separate processes and handled by separate divisions of IRCC.

As regards security and privacy, all entities in canada who obtain person information are obligated to follow the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act in handling the info.

See https://bit.ly/331Z9Xm

To see how GCMS notes look like and how to order, see https://bit.ly/3cy4Ijf

Reactions: AJAYSHARMAAPJS