+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

hirumPK

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hey guys,

Got my COPR yesterday (July 3)!!! Received a "unknown caller ID" call from an officer asking me to confirm my email/mailing address. After 15-20 min I received an email with COPR letter and an update in my CIC account. The application is still said "submitted" in my CIC account tho.

My timeline: (FSW Inland)

AOR: Nov 30
Med Passed: Dec 12
Ghost update: 1 after med passed and 1 in early April. Raised a webform after I hit 100% (May 30) and got a response that everything was passed.

Also, the officer said right now to get PR card it would take ~6 months with all the backlogs they have, so I was told to apply ASAP.

Thank you & good luck to all of you who are waiting.
Congrats

salaz

May 27, 2020
Does this mean that even after waiting months for COPR there is a possibility to wait another ~6 months to get the actual PR before one can travel? Are we looking at ~10 months ish timeline from now?
Asking as an outland FSW applicant, AOR Nov. 2019

Hey guys,

Got my COPR yesterday (July 3)!!! Received a "unknown caller ID" call from an officer asking me to confirm my email/mailing address. After 15-20 min I received an email with COPR letter and an update in my CIC account. The application is still said "submitted" in my CIC account tho.

My timeline: (FSW Inland)

AOR: Nov 30
Med Passed: Dec 12
Ghost update: 1 after med passed and 1 in early April. Raised a webform after I hit 100% (May 30) and got a response that everything was passed.

Also, the officer said right now to get PR card it would take ~6 months with all the backlogs they have, so I was told to apply ASAP.

Thank you & good luck to all of you who are waiting.

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Does this mean that even after waiting months for COPR there is a possibility to wait another ~6 months to get the actual PR before one can travel? Are we looking at ~10 months ish timeline from now?

Specifically for Outland applicants, You can travel right away after you get your COPR on your Passport. You become a PR the moment you land in Canada and finish the formalities at the immigration counter. After that you are supposed to receive a Pr CARD which gets delivered to your canadian address within next 45 days. it seems that the time line of those 45 days has been increased to 6 months due to the backlog.

Thmsrhn

Oct 23, 2019
There is a very good possibility

Limeydc13

Feb 18, 2020
Philippines
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2019
Some NB PNP-O received an email regarding preparation of travel during covid-19. Maybe its a good sign for us outlanders that we can hear good news soon. fingers crossed! :)

kumar0501

Jun 4, 2020
Some NB PNP-O received an email regarding preparation of travel during covid-19. Maybe its a good sign for us outlanders that we can hear good news soon. fingers crossed! :)

Could you please share the source from where you got this news, just curious to read the post on this if any.thanks

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I'm not sure about the outland applicants. But for inland they say that the COPR IS NOT equivalent to a visa and you will need either visa/PR card to actually travel back to Canada. But right now with the current situation from when you apply to when you have your hand on the PR card it is expected to be 1+ years.

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Preparation of travel??? I could not follow...Can we get the full context ?

Sandhya.S

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Got my COPR document today. AOR 26th Nov. Application was approved on 9th April. GCMS notes said That the next update will be on 1st July. I am inland , CEC Candidate
Congratulations!!
looks like a good sign.
lot of inland applicant with NOV AOR are receiving COPR. It’s a positive sign!! Good luck to everyone

Sandhya.S

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Has anyone received COPR from Ottawa? Seems like Sydney is pumping these out, and Ottawa is on pause :(
I haven’t, my VO is Ottawa!
however I have seen people getting COPR in other threads with VO Ottawa.
the cic call agent told me that the Ottawa office is working with reduced staff, they are trying best to finalize all applications.
VO Ottawa is working so surely we all will start getting updates soon. I can already see November AOR getting COPR from last Friday. Let’s hope for the best.

LaFontaine

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I haven’t, my VO is Ottawa!
however I have seen people getting COPR in other threads with VO Ottawa.
the cic call agent told me that the Ottawa office is working with reduced staff, they are trying best to finalize all applications.
VO Ottawa is working so surely we all will start getting updates soon. I can already see November AOR getting COPR from last Friday. Let’s hope for the best.
Thanks for the update :) Hope we can hear back soon!

Reactions: Sandhya.S