+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Pofsally

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Logically outland immigrants has a slightly higher priority level than tourists on travel restriction , and they don't amount to 9.7million entries that much. Track them down for their health status indeed is tricky even though totally maybe there're only around 38,000 outlander PR's in a year. My 2 cents on why they don't give outlanders green lights is perhaps about the CERB, I mean CEC PR's at least contributed money to Canada already, and if outland immigrants receive subsidies right away when they get in it seems unfair. So I speculate maybe they will start considering let outlanders in after Aug. when the CERB is done and assess the situation that time to come up a way safely/partially open the borders.
That’s a very good point of view, however I hope that is not the case. CERB will continue till october 3 when I googled it.

Reactions: Iam_cracker

ahiney

Oct 30, 2019
Opening airports and letting new immigrants in is impossible. Last year there were 9.7 million passengers on YYZ alone, no way to test them all.
Allowing immigrants from certain regions to enter and refuse others (Brasil, India) is still not safe. One tennis tournament in Croatia counted 95 cases of Covid19, all starting from a single person.
Previous predictions that epidemic will end in June/July have proven wrong, and countries that have eased measurements are having to fight this all over again.

All in all, IMHO, I believe that we will not be allowed to enter Canada before the vaccine is in use. Maybe they'll open a short window in August, but chances are slim.

FSW Outland.
Everything passed and valid.
That was the original reason for not issuing COPRs for outland appilcations. However, starting June 5, CBSA lifted travel restrictions for the immediate family members of the permanet residents to Canada expecting high influx of people from many different countries. That is not just recent immigrants, hundred thousands of PRs living all across the country. Also interregional travel restrctions have loosened as well. Like you said, the relief could be temporary though.

Last edited:

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
That’s a very good point of view, however I hope that is not the case. CERB will continue till october 3 when I googled it.
Hope not the case as well! Very difficulty to make plans now when I already told the company I'm gonna leave and got the reference letter, sort of became an eye sore in the company.

Sandhya.S

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I get that everyone has different problems and situation. I am saying what I feel reading some of the comments(not all). And if you don't like them feel free to ignore.
We would have ignored if you did the same! Rather you chose to tag our opinions and call it entitlement. And honestly your comment shows that you don’t get anything. We are all happy for others who have received a decision. But there are many who haven’t and also we aren’t asking them to make any decisions all we are asking is transparency, doesn’t matter if they want to resume things in August or even later, information Always helps to plan!!
You can speak for yourself but don’t for others.
Thank you!! And hope you are having a wonderful time wherever you are sitting a making such lame assumptions.

Reactions: rv91, pk960 and dn3

Pofsally

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hope not the case as well! Very difficulty to make plans now when I already told the company I'm gonna leave and got the reference letter, sort of became an eye sore in the company.
I have the same situation. I resigned and completing my 6 weeks time at the moment, only 3 weeks left. But I spoke with them about this situation like 3.5 months ago. I felt under pressure that I had to resign at some point, even though they said I can stay till the end of summer.

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Doesn't CERB apply only for people who lost their jobs due to the covid19 ?

I also think it's the High unemployment rates that's keep them from accepting outland applicants

Reactions: Iam_cracker

sanjmys

Jun 27, 2020
Hi Friends,

Outland applicant, OINP - FSW

Today, 6 months estimated processing time of my application got over and the processing bar is 100% complete. Above the processing bar I noticed the below given update -

" Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. "

Can you please let me know is this a generic update to all the applicants whose application processing time as crossed the timeline of 6 months process time or is it specific to some applicants whose applications are complex?

Till date I haven't received any personal message from CIC regarding my application all are generic updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: @dasha0609

Pofsally

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Doesn't CERB apply only for people who lost their jobs due to the covid19 ?

I also think it's the High unemployment rates that's keep them from accepting outland applicants
No idea, because different types of cerb exists.
In short term outlanders will increase unemployment, however all of us go there with at least 20K CAD. We will spend this money, by paying rent, going supermarket, etc. Some people are already freelancer while applying to express entry and may actually start a business in Canada and hire people. I think outlanders will help economy,
Hi Friends,

Outland applicant, OINP - FSW
AOR: December 27th, 2019.
Medical Passed: 16th January, 2020
Biometrics: 24th January, 2020.

Today, 6 months estimated processing time of my application got over and the processing bar is 100% complete. Above the processing bar I noticed the below given update -

" Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. "

Can you please let me know is this a generic update to all the applicants whose application processing time as crossed the timeline of 6 months process time or is it specific to some applicants whose applications are complex?

Till date I haven't received any personal message from CIC regarding my application all are generic updates.
hi, yes it is a generic message after 6 months. Nothing to worry about.

sanjmys

Jun 27, 2020
No idea, because different types of cerb exists.
In short term outlanders will increase unemployment, however all of us go there with at least 20K CAD. We will spend this money, by paying rent, going supermarket, etc. Some people are already freelancer while applying to express entry and may actually start a business in Canada and hire people. I think outlanders will help economy,

hi, yes it is a generic message after 6 months. Nothing to worry about.

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
I have the same situation. I resigned and completing my 6 weeks time at the moment, only 3 weeks left. But I spoke with them about this situation like 3.5 months ago. I felt under pressure that I had to resign at some point, even though they said I can stay till the end of summer.
We may need to find another job in our countries after we leave our current position and before got PPR, very tricky now.

Reactions: Lithin and Pofsally

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
I can't blame IRCC for being slow down during the pandemic. However, I really hate the situation where you really want to seek the most current update of your application and IRCC still keeps ignoring your inquiries. I myself have sent around 10 webforms ever since March to ask about the status of eligibility, criminality, and security screening of my profile. I also ordered GCMS twice, one in April, and the second one was placed around 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I got nothing about GCMS while the webform response was just arbitrarily generic response. What a helpless state.

Last edited:

Fafie2019

Jun 3, 2020
Logically outland immigrants has a slightly higher priority level than tourists on travel restriction , and they don't amount to 9.7million entries that much. Track them down for their health status indeed is tricky even though totally maybe there're only around 38,000 outlander PR's in a year. My 2 cents on why they don't give outlanders green lights is perhaps about the CERB, I mean CEC PR's at least contributed money to Canada already, and if outland immigrants receive subsidies right away when they get in it seems unfair. So I speculate maybe they will start considering let outlanders in after Aug. when the CERB is done and assess the situation that time to come up a way safely/partially open the borders.
If only they could approve the spouses of CEC inland applicants that are not in Canada. Honestly they can even put a clause that the outlanders do not get CERB for all we care.

Reactions: Lithin