>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
My residence place is india
m not a cec applicant
M fsw outland
My crs is 430
Thanks for clarifying. Do you have any Canadian work experience? Also what is your occupation or NOC code (if you know)? Have you ever resided in the USA or were you there when you applied?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Thanks for clarifying. Do you have any Canadian work experience? Also what is your occupation or NOC code (if you know)? Have you ever resided in the USA or were you there when you applied?
Residing in USA has no influence whatsoever on the processing of the application.

Reactions: akriti91

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon I have just received the golden mail but the passport is less than 6 months before the expiration date. I am not sure if it's better to renew it before sending it for copr or to send it for copr first before renewing it because I am only given 30 days to process for copr. what would be your suggestion?thanks
If you can get it renewed quickly, you should get it renewed before you send it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon @legalfalconindia,

Thank you for your response and guidance. After sending them an email asking for advice on whether I should extend my stay in the US or if its okay to submit the passports in India, I received this response.

In response to your email below, Please note that I have changed your address to India, and you will soon receive a new Letter Request for Visa to submit both your passports to the New Delhi office once you get in India. You may disregard for now the latest request you received to submit your passport to our Ottawa office.

Based on the message above, when can we expect the new letters to come in?
Give it a few days/weeks.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
USA Visa Offices were issuing PPR throughout the pandemic, when other VOs were not. We don't know the reason for that, and it doesn't necessarily indicate preference from IRCC. Perhaps it's just cause their backlog isn't as big as other VOs. But, living in the US has had its advantages over the past while in terms of app finalizations.
This is simply not true: they never issued more PPR than other country. The only difference was that in theory they could have done that earlier than for other countries, but they did not do it and this is not my opinion. The delays are not due to local visa offices, but to the Canadian ones, which are not processing/finalizing applications.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
There were periods of time during the pandemic where PPRs were coming for those who resided in the US, but not from other countries of residence (aside from Canada, obviously), at least as far as self-reporters on forums and MyImmiTracker were concerned. Why do you think so many were asking to see finalizations for any countries other than Canada and the US? It was rare.
If you check MyImmiTracker, you will see that this simply did not happen. The number of PPRs issued to people not in Canada was essentially zero until recently. Even in MyImmiTracker, if you check the details you will see that they were all Inland.

The delays do actually factor in the workload of the local VOs as well. Many apps are transferred from in-Canada Visa Offices to foreign VOs, and if those VOs are busy, things will take longer. If they're not, their own finalizations will be quicker.

We've seen this in terms of certain countries issuing numerous PPRs during certain parts of the pandemic (London, Singapore, and Accra VOs, to name a few). Immigration consultants have confirmed this.
There were, during the pandemic, moments in which specific countries sent "numerous" PPRs, this is true. But US was not among them.

akriti91

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
There were periods of time during the pandemic where PPRs were coming for those who resided in the US, but not from other countries of residence (aside from Canada, obviously), at least as far as self-reporters on forums and MyImmiTracker were concerned. Why do you think so many were asking to see finalizations for any countries other than Canada and the US? It was rare.

The delays do actually factor in the workload of the local VOs as well. Many apps are transferred from in-Canada Visa Offices to foreign VOs, and if those VOs are busy, things will take longer. If they're not, their own finalizations will be quicker.

We've seen this in terms of certain countries issuing numerous PPRs during certain parts of the pandemic (London, Singapore, and Accra VOs, to name a few). Immigration consultants have confirmed this.
This is absolutely not true. Most US applicants' applications go to Ottawa VO and I haven't seen much movement from them for any kind of outland applications.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All - I had last received my application status as below in May'2021 ( Dec 2019 AOR FSW O)-

Your application meets the eligibility requirement under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid
After this I had informed IRCC that my wife was pregnant and she gave birth to a child last month. We just received the birth certificate and are applying for the childs passport currently. Wanted to check on 2 queries -
1. When adding the child will the eligibility check be done once again ( it was mentioned that my application meets the eligibility criteria).
2. For 3 members, the Proof of fund requirements is now around 20K CAD. We had kept the proof of funds for 2 ppl as 16135 CAD initially and were of the understanding the exchange rate would be as of 2019 when it got locked in. However, when adding a new applicant, will the exchange rate get reset and do we need to maintain the 20K CAD fund as per present exchange rate.
3. Can anyone pls help on procedure to add child into the application. How long will it take for the addition to be done and will there be delay in receiving PPR due to this.

@legalfalcon others kindly requesting your help..

1. If you add a family member after the submission of your application, the eligibility is not done again.

Changes to family composition
All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).
Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.
Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)] and pay the applicable fees online.

This clearly states that if your family composition changes and you add family members after submitting the application, then family members ar not subject to eligibility (A11.2), i.e. no impact on CRS or recalculation. However, the family member will have to go through medical, security and criminality admissibility.

2. Yes, the exchange rate will be as per the date when you submit a revised PoF for 3 individuals.

3. Send a webform, IRCC will send you a list of forms and documents required, send the forms. It can takes 1-2 months.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
So, what are all these then?

You will notice that they are before up to March 13, 2020, which is when the restriction started in Canada, then in August 2020, when they started processing everyone.
Also, if you filter for "country of residence=USA", it is very likely that you will find a lot of people with country of residence USA...
Try to remove the filter (just a screenshot as example):

And then again: see how many from USA?! Unbelievable...