17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Yes, the PCC I submitted were valid when I applied, but the message from IRCC in the link above is under the processing applications section. So I was wondering if I should get another PCC and keep it ready just in case?
Unless IRCC asks for a new document, it is not required.

What you are referring to is not applicable in this case.

anand.damojipurapu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Canada announces extension of flight ban from India as it prepares for the return of direct flights
News release
September 21, 2021 Ottawa Transport Canada
Canada continues to take a risk-based and measured approach to re-opening the border while prioritizing the health and safety of everyone in Canada.
As Canada prepares for the return of direct flights from India to Canada, Transport Canada is announcing an extension of the Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) that restricts all direct commercial and private passenger flights to Canada from India until September 26, 2021, at 23:59 EDT.
Once the restriction on direct flights expires, travellers eligible to enter Canada will be able to board direct flights from India to Canada with the following additional measures:
  • Travellers must have proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test from the approved Genestrings Laboratory at the Delhi airport taken within 18 hours of the scheduled departure of their direct flight to Canada.
  • Prior to boarding, air operators will be checking the travellers’ test results ensuring they are eligible to come to Canada, and that fully vaccinated travellers have uploaded their information into the ArriveCAN mobile app or website. Travellers who are unable to meet these requirements will be denied boarding.
As a first step, on September 22, 2021, three direct flights from India will arrive in Canada and all passengers on these flights will be tested for COVID-19 upon arrival to ensure that the new measures are working.
After the resumption of direct flights, travellers who are eligible to enter Canada who depart India for Canada via an indirect route will continue to be required to obtain, within 72 hours of departure, a valid negative COVID-19 molecular test from a third country – other than India – before continuing their journey to Canada.
Everyone in Canada is advised to avoid non-essential travel outside Canada – international travel increases the risk of exposure to, and the spread of COVID-19, including infection caused by new variants. Border and public health measures also remain subject to change as the epidemiological situation evolves.

kunal10208

Aug 17, 2019
@legalfalcon : I got Portal confirmation mail yesterday. I am not in Canada right now and I think I cannot travel without PR stamping. I have valid ICT WP but I no longer work with my earlier company. So, what do I need to tell IRCC? Based on this if I get PPR or there is another process? How long is it valid, cause my medicals will get expired in Jan 2022?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon : I got Portal confirmation mail yesterday. I am not in Canada right now and I think I cannot travel without PR stamping. I have valid ICT WP but I no longer work with my earlier company. So, what do I need to tell IRCC? Based on this if I get PPR or there is another process? How long is it valid, cause my medicals will get expired in Jan 2022?
If you cannot re-enter Canada, you will have to inform IRCC and your application will be sent to the LVO in your country of residence from here you will be issued a PPR.

If you can reenter Canada, you can then respond to the e-COPR portal mail and the COPR will be issued to you.

kunal10208

Aug 17, 2019
If you cannot re-enter Canada, you will have to inform IRCC and your application will be sent to the LVO in your country of residence from here you will be issued a PPR.

If you can reenter Canada, you can then respond to the e-COPR portal mail and the COPR will be issued to you.
Thank you for your valuable inputs.

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
@legalfalcon do i need to worry if my eligibility is only MET for 19 months now? December 28, 2019 AOR, last GCMS was July 2021:

eligibility: met
criminality: in progress ( i passed already but my spouse is still in progress)
security: not started
info sharing: complete

Is there a tendency that I will not pass eligibility and be refused? ( I hope not) the last time they touched our application was February 2020 and January 2021 for medical request only. Thank you for your input.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon do i need to worry if my eligibility is only MET for 19 months now? December 28, 2019 AOR, last GCMS was July 2021:

eligibility: met
criminality: in progress ( i passed already but my spouse is still in progress)
security: not started
info sharing: complete

Is there a tendency that I will not pass eligibility and be refused? ( I hope not) the last time they touched our application was February 2020 and January 2021 for medical request only. Thank you for your input.
After eligibility is passed, which is the most essential stage, you need not worry. However, until an application is open, it can be revisited. But it rarely happens that eligibility marked as passed is changed to a negative decision.

There are many applicants who have been waiting for over 2 years. You just have to be patient.

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
After eligibility is passed, which is the most essential stage, you need not worry. However, until an application is open, it can be revisited. But it rarely happens that eligibility marked as passed is changed to a negative decision.

There are many applicants who have been waiting for over 2 years. You just have to be patient.
Thank you @legalfalcon ...So I think I don't have to be too confident cause it's only met, not yet passed..yes, we have been very patient waiting, we keep ourselves busy with our job and future business and we have already a plan B just in case Canada will not work for us.. :)