+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
i got a GU too! My medical exam passed date is gone, and now it says: "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
does that apply to everyone?
btw, is that a good sign?

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
i got a GU too! My medical exam passed date is gone, and now it says: "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
does that apply to everyone?
btw, is that a good sign?
It's a sign that your medical assessment wil be done by an RMO shortly. Most likely your medicals will be extended or they will ask you for re meds before issuing you a ppr. All the best

Dec-2019

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi
Hi i am also from Sri Lanka. My Visa expires in Jan. I'm worried whether I can travel before it expires.
As per the IRCC Website it says foreigners are exempt from Travel restriction is the COPR letter is available. You can read on it. Also the Airlines will advice. I too wanted to re-confirm

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
There are two factors, one is administrative delays, which is largely due to COVId operational difficulties. Another is an application being in enhanced security screening. If an application is in enhanced security screening, then it take an awfully long time. Earlier it could take as long as 1-2 years only for security, but the time lines had reduced to a few months.

In your GCMS notes do you see any security related activities?

To read on security screening in general, and the security screening manual see
Tnx for your response. I received my CBSA note which was issued on 14th of October. According to the note, my application was sent to CBSA for comprehensive security screening on May 26th. So, the last activity on my application is this security screening and according to a call I made last week security is not passed yet. I expected the screening to be over by 5 months. I am afraid I was sent for enhanced security screening.

But I wasn't asked for any additional, I don't have any rejected application, and a very short foreign travel history, no governmental job. I even had a visitors visa for Canada. I am really getting disappointed that it took them so long to conclude the screening, and I wonder what exactly they are looking for. Is there anything I can do to accelerate the process?

Hari aksh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
According to this response, Eligibility is passed. Background checks consist of criminality and security, which in your case, again according to this response, it seems that criminality is in process, but security is not started yet. Unfortunately, they are so slow with security checks these days. Back in normal time, security normally would start within weeks after eligibility was passed. But nowadays it takes more than 4 months in some cases for security to be started after eligibility is passed.
Thank you for the prompt reply . Hope security ends soon this wait is getting longer and longer..