+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 - Citizenship Applications

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
You are right but things are not always as planned. I have a planned travel in mid September, which cannot be postponed, which was scheduled before I got oath invitation. My oath is on Aug 30 and I will have just 9 business days to get passport, if I apply the next business day after my oath.
I may possibly face the same situation (have to travel to attend a number of industrial fora), I am actually interested in knowing how it goes for you. I haven't had movement on my oath yet though (which I was actually hoping for because it may have conflicted with the meeting I am attending 2 weeks from now). It seems like for most people oath is scheduled about 3 or 4 weeks after receiving it.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I may possibly face the same situation (have to travel to attend a number of industrial fora), I am actually interested in knowing how it goes for you. I haven't had movement on my oath yet though (which I was actually hoping for because it may have conflicted with the meeting I am attending 2 weeks from now). It seems like for most people oath is scheduled about 3 or 4 weeks after receiving it.
I am not sure about your situation. In my case there will be enough time (least 7 business days) for express/urgent service. However, I have read that sometime the officer at passport office decline for urgent/express service even though you have paid flight ticket plus other travel arrangement. If I am able to apply passport the next business day after the oath, I will have 9 business days for passport processing. In the later case, I may have enough time for normal processing with standard pickup :).

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
I am not sure about your situation. In my case there will be enough time (least 7 business days) for express/urgent service. However, I have read that sometime the officer at passport office decline for urgent/express service even though you have paid flight ticket plus other travel arrangement. If I am able to apply passport the next business day after the oath, I will have 9 business days for passport processing. In the later case, I may have enough time for normal processing with standard pickup :).
Yeah I just want to get oath first, then I can see what's the best course of action. It's just that in the event where oath were to be close to the dates where I am traveling (e.g. less than 10 days from a scheduled travel), then I would like to know how things go.

Reactions: PhdStream

rohan.ray85

Dec 18, 2018
Hi,

Congrats to all who have received oath letter. Quick question. What is the update that you see on Ecas post the receipt of oath.

mehul1313

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hello All,

No update for me after March 11, when the file went "In Process".

I understand that the processing times depend on your location. However, other two applicants from Markham with similar application dates (both with In Process dates within a week of mine) have Decision Made for about two months, and I haven't received Test Invite yet.

I am getting anxious now. Should I contact CIC? Please share your thought.

baharina

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march2006
File Transfer...
sep2010
Med's Request
nov2012
Passport Req..
july2013
VISA ISSUED...
july2013
LANDED..........
july2013
Hello All,

No update for me after March 11, when the file went "In Process".

I understand that the processing times depend on your location. However, other two applicants from Markham with similar application dates (both with In Process dates within a week of mine) have Decision Made for about two months, and I haven't received Test Invite yet.

I am getting anxious now. Should I contact CIC? Please share your thought.
Theres no harm to call but more likely u wont get any info more than what u know already!
Im in GTA and still IP since early february! Called CIC and also applied for ATIP but it seems we have to just wait!
I understood that some of Nov/Dec applications in GTA been sent to other centers due to backlog and that resulted in longer than usual wait! My cousin who applied in february already wrote the test a few months ago so Im guessing other applicants timeline does not mean anything!

Reactions: mehul1313

Afrah30

Feb 15, 2016
App. Filed.......
October 24 2014
AOR Received.
August 13 2015
Med's Request
February 8 2016
Med's Done....
February 2016
Interview........
October 27 2016
LANDED..........
October 27 2016
Hi,

Congrats to all who have received oath letter. Quick question. What is the update that you see on Ecas post the receipt of oath.
My status still showed Decision Made and they updated ECAS as below

"We sent you a notice on July 19, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 27, 2019 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015

Jammin_Jamaica

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Hello,

Just an update.
Decision Made: August 16

Waiting for the Oath Invite (fingers crossed). The officer mentioned that the ceremony may take place within 6-8 weeks after the test+interview.
The exam was not difficult. Just make sure to read the Discover Canada study guide a couple of times and take time to do some online practice tests to get comfortable with timed, multiple choice-type exams.
The interview took less than 10 minutes.

Good luck to everyone :)

Jacobz

Mar 15, 2019
Hello all finally got test invite for September 23rd. Please feel free to update!....looks like BC is starting to move!
There was also an option for me to request a one day pas session(test/interview & ceremony) on Nov 29th...but it's only for those who qualify. I will put in a request and update if I am successful at qualifying.