+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
Hi All,

Firstly, All the best to everyone on this citizenship process journey. Apologies in advance as I know this is the wrong section but I believe someone with experience will know better

I will be submitting my application soon by the end of June

I have all my docs in place, I just had a few questions if anyone can please answer these question i'd be grateful.

I was on student permit (Jan 2014- Sept 2015)then on a work permit(Sept 2015- April 2017) and got my PR and landing done in April 2017. After I got my PR, I have visited USA a couple of times (10-12 days in all) and visited my home country once (DEC 2017-Jan 2018 - 20 to 25 days).

1)I am currently at 1115 days of physical present - is that enough or should I wait for like another month or so?, in order to have a good amount of buffer days (just asking to be safe)

2)Do I need a police clearance certificate?I haven't live outside Canada for more than 25 days max(last being a visit to my home country mentioned above 2017) (what is the criteria in order to to get a police clearance)

3)How to make the pay the application fee of $630.00? Do I need to have an online login account?

I believe this entire citizenship process is paper base unlike the PR which was all online
4)What is the best way to send doc - regular mail or courier

To summarize my documents include
1)Application form
2)Online present calculator sheet
3)Passport photocopies
4)Proof of knowledge of language -IELTS result from Sept 2016 and diploma and transcript copies
5)Photocopies of drivers and health card
6)Two citizenship photos
7)Fee receipt
8) Checklist

All my documents are in English so I don't require any translations, also no name change or other documents are required for my application purpose

Please let me know if I am missing something or anything that i need to pay special attention to

Thanks in advance

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
what do they mean by bring all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document
checklist in the citizenship application form); so I have to prepare the dates calculated forms again? with two more photos? sounds meaningless for me, all my original files are in their hands....
you need to carry all those documents that you submitted with your application but not in original like passport(s), PR card, DL, Proof of english language etc.

Reactions: steveca2012

siva_varma

Aug 3, 2016
Hi everyone,

I got my PR in 2017 Apr and now eligible for applying citizenship. However, I have couple of below questions. Can anyone help me on these?

1) My daughter has also got the PR on same day I got. However, she didn't complete her 1095 days of physical presence in Canada since she went on vacation for more than 6 months. Can I still apply her citizenship application along with mine?
2) If yes to my first question, which application form should I need to fill?
3) And, her passport is getting expired on Nov 2019, so can I still attach her passport to the application because citizenship application may take more than 6-8 months by then her passport will have been expired?

Any info is really appreciated!

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
UPDATE RECEIVED:
Test Exam Date: July 4, 2019

Please update in sheet, thanks.

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date : 8th Nov 2014
Nomination.....
PER Date : 25th Nov
AOR Received.
Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
Hi everyone,

I got my PR in 2017 Apr and now eligible for applying citizenship. However, I have couple of below questions. Can anyone help me on these?

Hi everyone,

1) My daughter has also got the PR on same day I got. However, she didn't complete her 1095 days of physical presence in Canada since she went on vacation for more than 6 months. Can I still apply her citizenship application along with mine?
2) If yes to my first question, which application form should I need to fill?
3) And, her passport is getting expired on Nov 2019, so can I still attach her passport to the application because citizenship application may take more than 6-8 months by then her passport will have been expired?

1) My daughter has also got the PR on same day I got. However, she didn't complete her 1095 days of physical presence in Canada since she went on vacation for more than 6 months. Can I still apply her citizenship application along with mine? - No (Refer to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-minors-subsection-5-11.html)
2) If yes to my first question, which application form should I need to fill? - Refer to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-minors-subsection-5-11.html
3) And, her passport is getting expired on Nov 2019, so can I still attach her passport to the application because citizenship application may take more than 6-8 months by then her passport will have been expired? - If she had completed 1095 days, you could still attach her existing passport and update the new passport information if the application processing goes beyond the expiry

Hope this answers your questions

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
Hi All,

Firstly, All the best to everyone on this citizenship process journey. Apologies in advance as I know this is the wrong section but I believe someone with experience will know better

I will be submitting my application soon by the end of June

I have all my docs in place, I just had a few questions if anyone can please answer these question i'd be grateful.

I was on student permit (Jan 2014- Sept 2015)then on a work permit(Sept 2015- April 2017) and got my PR and landing done in April 2017. After I got my PR, I have visited USA a couple of times (10-12 days in all) and visited my home country once (DEC 2017-Jan 2018 - 20 to 25 days).

1)I am currently at 1115 days of physical present - is that enough or should I wait for like another month or so?, in order to have a good amount of buffer days (just asking to be safe) - 1115 physical days is enough

2)Do I need a police clearance certificate?I haven't live outside Canada for more than 25 days max(last being a visit to my home country mentioned above 2017) (what is the criteria in order to to get a police clearance) - No

3)How to make the pay the application fee of $630.00? Do I need to have an online login account? - Yes, you would need an online IRCC account to pay the fees

I believe this entire citizenship process is paper base unlike the PR which was all online
4)What is the best way to send doc - regular mail or courier - Both are fine. I sent through courier. Ensure that the address is correct when sending using either of the options.

To summarize my documents include
1)Application form
2)Online present calculator sheet (attested)
3)Passport photocopies
4)Proof of knowledge of language - IELTS result from Sept 2016 and diploma and transcript copies
5)Photocopies of drivers and health card
6)Two citizenship photos
7)Fee receipt
8) Checklist
9) Tax Returns for three years (2017, 2018 and 2019)
10) COPR copy

All my documents are in English so I don't require any translations, also no name change or other documents are required for my application purpose

Please let me know if I am missing something or anything that i need to pay special attention to

Thanks in advance
Hope this helps and good luck!

siva_varma

Aug 3, 2016
1) My daughter has also got the PR on same day I got. However, she didn't complete her 1095 days of physical presence in Canada since she went on vacation for more than 6 months. Can I still apply her citizenship application along with mine? - No (Refer to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-minors-subsection-5-11.html)
2) If yes to my first question, which application form should I need to fill? - Refer to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-minors-subsection-5-11.html
3) And, her passport is getting expired on Nov 2019, so can I still attach her passport to the application because citizenship application may take more than 6-8 months by then her passport will have been expired? - If she had completed 1095 days, you could still attach her existing passport and update the new passport information if the application processing goes beyond the expiry

Hope this answers your questions
Thank you for your response!

However, I have gone through the link you provided above for Minors Subsection 5(1) where it is clearly mentioned as it's for the children who do not have a parent applying for citizenship at the same time. I mentioned the excerpt from the link in below

This application under subsection 5(1) is intended for minors (under 18) who are permanent residents and:
  • do not have a parent applying for citizenship at the same time as them, or
  • do not already have a Canadian parent.
I found another Minors Subsection 5(2) who are applying along with their parents and there it's not mentioned about the physical presence at all even in the checklist.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-minors.html

Can you please let me know if my above assumption is correct?

singhal22aug

Feb 18, 2014
Guys, Cleared my test yesterday. The application status has changed to "Decision Made".
Row-15 in the spreadsheet.

Thanks a lot for taking time to keep the spreadsheet updated!!

expressentryqueen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
January 14th
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
Hi guys,

I just found this note on my account.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 5, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 11, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 12, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 16, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 30, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I never received any notice. I had applied to get my file moved to Ontario back in March and it was confirmed to me by two different call center representatives. i'm a little confused right now.

Edit: I just called and was informed that the test invite was cancelled after the office received my application for file transfer. So no notice was actually sent out to me. Waiting patiently for my test invite to be sent from Ottawa. :):)

Last edited:
Reactions: _KK8512_

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I just found this note on my account.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 5, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 11, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 12, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 16, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 30, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I never received any notice. I had applied to get my file moved to Ontario back in March and it was confirmed to me by two different call center representatives. i'm a little confused right now.

Edit: I just called and was informed that the test invite was cancelled after the office received my application for file transfer. So no notice was actually sent out to me. Waiting patiently for my test invite to be sent from Ottawa. :):)
Probably very soon, if your previous processing office deemed that you were clear to be invited for the citizenship test, no reason for the Ottawa processing office to not reach the same conclusion (I find it highly unlikely that they would repeat any checks performed by the previous office). At least Ottawa office is active right now, I think we will hear from other Ottawa applicants pretty soon.

Reactions: expressentryqueen

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
Guys, Cleared my test yesterday. The application status has changed to "Decision Made".
Row-15 in the spreadsheet.

Thanks a lot for taking time to keep the spreadsheet updated!!
Congratulations!

Reactions: haldashti

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
Thank you for your response!

However, I have gone through the link you provided above for Minors Subsection 5(1) where it is clearly mentioned as it's for the children who do not have a parent applying for citizenship at the same time. I mentioned the excerpt from the link in below

This application under subsection 5(1) is intended for minors (under 18) who are permanent residents and:
  • do not have a parent applying for citizenship at the same time as them, or
  • do not already have a Canadian parent.
I found another Minors Subsection 5(2) who are applying along with their parents and there it's not mentioned about the physical presence at all even in the checklist.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-minors.html

Can you please let me know if my above assumption is correct?
Sounds correct as per the link

expressentryqueen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
January 14th
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
Probably very soon, if your previous processing office deemed that you were clear to be invited for the citizenship test, no reason for the Ottawa processing office to not reach the same conclusion (I find it highly unlikely that they would repeat any checks performed by the previous office). At least Ottawa office is active right now, I think we will hear from other Ottawa applicants pretty soon.

Fingers crossed!!