+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 - Citizenship Applications

rat_18

Jan 1, 2019
I think he meant adding china as a destination and explaining in reason section as to why u visited it
Thanks for the reply. I just talked to one of my relatives who became Canadian citizen in 2013. He had a similar situation like me, in this case in Dubai. He stayed one night in a hotel in Dubai with Dubai visa stamped in passport. But, he did not enter Dubai as a separate destination as he reasoned that Dubai was only a transit towards his final destination. So, I am most likely not going to enter China as a destination.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Thanks for the reply. I just talked to one of my relatives who became Canadian citizen in 2013. He had a similar situation like me, in this case in Dubai. He stayed one night in a hotel in Dubai with Dubai visa stamped in passport. But, he did not enter Dubai as a separate destination as he reasoned that Dubai was only a transit towards his final destination. So, I am most likely not going to enter China as a destination.
Well suit urself

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Hello,

During my eligibility period, I traveled my home country from 8 December 2015 till 18 January 2016. On the way home, my flight had a long lay over (may be around 22 hours) in China and the airline authority offered me complementary hotel accommodation outside of the airport. This required me to get on-arrival visa stamped on my passport at the Chinese airport, though I did not have to pay for it. Now my question is, in the physical presence calculator, do I need to list China as a destination for absence from Canada apart from my home country? Or, I can just list my home country as the only destination for absence from Canada and in the reason section explain why there is a Chinese visa stamped on my passport? Please note that there is a note on physical presence calculator that says -
"If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field."

I would appreciate your response.
I too had a similar travel pattern (the place being London). I did not enter it as separate destination but I explained in "Reason". I don't think it makes any difference either way but I can only keep my fingers crossed for now.

rat_18

Jan 1, 2019
I too had a similar travel pattern (the place being London). I did not enter it as separate destination but I explained in "Reason". I don't think it makes any difference either way but I can only keep my fingers crossed for now.
Thanks for sharing your situation. It should be Ok.

singhal22aug

Feb 18, 2014
Hi Admins

Please update my info on the spread sheet

App sent: Dec 07, 2018
App Received: Dec 117, 2018. s by Nitesh.
Physical presence : 1395 days.
Single
Calgary.

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
People who submitted their application in November are receiving their AORs currently. Guess we're looking at ours about one month from now.

Noshtemp

Nov 5, 2018
Hi Admin... Please add the following to the spreadsheet:

App sent: Dec 16, 2018
App Received: Dec 20, 2018
Physical presence : 1688 days.
Single
Toronto

Also, please share the spreadsheet link. Thanks

5JandL_inGodweTrust

Sep 29, 2013
Hello everyone!
Question on documents checklist : Police clearance. What kind of police clearance do I need to provide is it with the fingerprint or even the regular police clearance will be ok. I am less than of 4yrs being PR here in Canada.

Thank you for your response and inputs.

rum21

Jan 18, 2019
Hi Admin,

Please add my details to the spreadsheet

Application Sent: December 27, 2018
Application Received: December 31, 2018
Physical Presence : 1483 Days
Application Type: Single

Thank you!

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hello everyone!
Question on documents checklist : Police clearance. What kind of police clearance do I need to provide is it with the fingerprint or even the regular police clearance will be ok. I am less than of 4yrs being PR here in Canada.

Thank you for your response and inputs.
Depends on the country you may have resided in for more than 6 months during your eligibility period. For example, you need finger prints to get a police check certificate from FBI in the US.

Queen L

Nov 30, 2014
Hello all,

Just found this thread and will like to be added:
Name: Queen L
Application sent: Dec 27
Received: Dec 31
Physical present days: 1098
Single application

I also have a question, does anyone know when the CIT 0002 form was updated to December 2018?

Thank you

Samy.K

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have a question. When do we get the application or file number? How long does it take to get it.

My details are as follows:

And also please add me to the list. Thanks

Application sent - Nov 27, 2018
Received date - Dec 4, 2018
Eligibility days - 1132 days
App type: Single

Thanks in advance.

ps_gocan

Star Member
May 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Hello Everyone,

I have a question. When do we get the application or file number? How long does it take to get it.

My details are as follows:

And also please add me to the list. Thanks

Application sent - Nov 27, 2018
Received date - Dec 4, 2018
Eligibility days - 1132 days
App type: Single

Thanks in advance.
You will get an application or file number when you get your AOR. If you check November or October thread, currently its taking average of 65 to 75 days from the application received date to get an AOR.

Matt079

Nov 23, 2018
Guys,
Please add me to the sheet
ID: Matt079
App. Type : Family
Physical Presence Days: 1,279
App. Sent: Dec 08, 2018
App. Delivered: Dec 15, 2018