+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 - Citizenship Applications

gauravk17

Oct 27, 2015
Hey,

Could I get the spreadsheet updated. I Got invitation email today "NOTICE TO APPEAR: TO TAKE THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP". Thanks for all the help. :)
Row - 39
ID - Gauravk17
Decision made - July 24
Oath Letter - July 25
Oath Ceremony - Aug 23

Last edited:

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Hey,

Could I get the spreadsheet updated. I Got invitation email today "NOTICE TO APPEAR: TO TAKE THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP". Thanks for all the help. :)
Row - 39
ID - Gauravk17
Decision made - July 24
Oath Letter - July 25
Oath Ceremony - Aug 23
That was fast! Congrats!

Reactions: gauravk17

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hello,

I have received a "Notice to Applicant - Request for Supplementary Evidence" letter today in the mail. They are requesting the following from me:

1. Entry/Exit Record of Movement from "South Korea" (my home country) for the period stated above.
2. A colour photocopy of every page of Passport
3. Flight itineraries or boarding passes for all travel outside of Canada during the period since I landed here in 2014

Soooooooooooo many questions:

1. I flew to Korea and back twice for 2 week vacations over the past 5 years. They don't give stamps in my passport. What kind of documentation do I need to provide for Entry/Exit Record of Movement?
2. They did not state the "period above" in the letter... but I am assuming since I landed in 2014?
3. I also DROVE across the boarder from Alberta to Spokane for 2 days - not sure what I can provide there as proof?
4. Attached to this letter is a Canada Border Services Agency report that show my name (Korean names as some know, how many of the same last names... in this case, i have ANOTHER PASSPORT number with MY name on it... showing I travelled to Vancouver and some border in Ontario - both not me, since it's NOT me.
5. The passport number they are requesting is the WRONG passport - same number as this other person with my same name... what can I do to proceed? I am in Edmonton - can I just go to the Canada Place and say they've got the wrong person?

HELP!

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hello,

I have received a "Notice to Applicant - Request for Supplementary Evidence" letter today in the mail. They are requesting the following from me:

1. Entry/Exit Record of Movement from "South Korea" (my home country) for the period stated above.
2. A colour photocopy of every page of Passport
3. Flight itineraries or boarding passes for all travel outside of Canada during the period since I landed here in 2014

Soooooooooooo many questions:

1. I flew to Korea and back twice for 2 week vacations over the past 5 years. They don't give stamps in my passport. What kind of documentation do I need to provide for Entry/Exit Record of Movement?
2. They did not state the "period above" in the letter... but I am assuming since I landed in 2014?
3. I also DROVE across the boarder from Alberta to Spokane for 2 days - not sure what I can provide there as proof?
4. Attached to this letter is a Canada Border Services Agency report that show my name (Korean names as some know, how many of the same last names... in this case, i have ANOTHER PASSPORT number with MY name on it... showing I travelled to Vancouver and some border in Ontario - both not me, since it's NOT me.
5. The passport number they are requesting is the WRONG passport - same number as this other person with my same name... what can I do to proceed? I am in Edmonton - can I just go to the Canada Place and say they've got the wrong person?

HELP!
First of all, relax and don't be too tense.

1. Does Korea have some kind of electronic travel record that you can access ? I would not be surprised if they went all digital, which would justify them having removed stamping passports directly, they must be keeping records somewhere and hopefully those records are accessible electronically (rather than you applying to the Korean consulate or embassy).

2. Weird, I suppose those are the pit-falls of a templated letter. Assume that the period is the 5-year eligibility period as a safe-guard. That's what the determination of your eligibility is based on.

3. I know that you can access your US travel history online directly. It's called the I-94. It should have your arrival and departure dates logged in there for a period of 5 years. I actually printed mine when I went for my interview and gave it to the officer who interviewed, he was appreciative that I gave him that. Plus I think that it shows you as the applicant have nothing to hide since you brought it yourself and it helps them to double-check their records and your travel history.

4-5. Aaah, that's probably why you got this request in the first place. You have a name-sake in Canada and they want to cross-check that it is indeed not you. I suppose this is to ensure they don't count trips that *you* didn't go on. Just explain that this is a case of mistaken identity on IRCC's behalf and that you are [your name] whose passport is [relevant passport information]. It's probably a procedural thing, if it so turns out that there are 2 individuals with the same name in the country, have the applicant supply further evidence to make sure that the applicant can be uniquely identified and therefore all the procedures can be run on the applicant and the applicant *only* in order to make a determination on the application.

Admittedly I have no idea if you can just go the IRCC office to explain your case, maybe ask over the phone and explain your situation and request for an in-person interview again, see how it goes ? In any case, my advice would be that you just calmly explain to IRCC that the information that they sent to you is that of a different person, you are not that person and the evidence (such as travel records, entry/exit records, and so on) will show it. It's clearly a case of mistaken identity and IRCC needs evidence to make sure they don't use information that is NOT corresponding to you in order to reach their decision on your application (which is the correct thing to do).

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
First of all, relax and don't be too tense.

1. Does Korea have some kind of electronic travel record that you can access ? I would not be surprised if they went all digital, which would justify them having removed stamping passports directly, they must be keeping records somewhere and hopefully those records are accessible electronically (rather than you applying to the Korean consulate or embassy).

2. Weird, I suppose those are the pit-falls of a templated letter. Assume that the period is the 5-year eligibility period as a safe-guard. That's what the determination of your eligibility is based on.

3. I know that you can access your US travel history online directly. It's called the I-94. It should have your arrival and departure dates logged in there for a period of 5 years. I actually printed mine when I went for my interview and gave it to the officer who interviewed, he was appreciative that I gave him that. Plus I think that it shows you as the applicant have nothing to hide since you brought it yourself and it helps them to double-check their records and your travel history.

4-5. Aaah, that's probably why you got this request in the first place. You have a name-sake in Canada and they want to cross-check that it is indeed not you. I suppose this is to ensure they don't count trips that *you* didn't go on. Just explain that this is a case of mistaken identity on IRCC's behalf and that you are [your name] whose passport is [relevant passport information]. It's probably a procedural thing, if it so turns out that there are 2 individuals with the same name in the country, have the applicant supply further evidence to make sure that the applicant can be uniquely identified and therefore all the procedures can be run on the applicant and the applicant *only* in order to make a determination on the application.

Admittedly I have no idea if you can just go the IRCC office to explain your case, maybe ask over the phone and explain your situation and request for an in-person interview again, see how it goes ? In any case, my advice would be that you just calmly explain to IRCC that the information that they sent to you is that of a different person, you are not that person and the evidence (such as travel records, entry/exit records, and so on) will show it. It's clearly a case of mistaken identity and IRCC needs evidence to make sure they don't use information that is NOT corresponding to you in order to reach their decision on your application (which is the correct thing to do).
Thank you so much!

1.) Yes, we are working on that now. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as going to the US I-94 website - that was a piece of cake! Thank you so much for that!

2.) It must be! Eligibility period was my best bet, too

3.) Excellent. Just did that, and it took only a few moments to do! My arrival and departure were both listed! YAY!

4-5.) We are calling just now to see what we can do

Thank you again for your reply.

PR_User

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Are there any applicants who took the test in may at Scarborough office ?

Decision made on very next day but no Oath Invite :(

Afrah30

Feb 15, 2016
App. Filed.......
October 24 2014
AOR Received.
August 13 2015
Med's Request
February 8 2016
Med's Done....
February 2016
Interview........
October 27 2016
LANDED..........
October 27 2016
I just got my Oath invitation today
Location- Edmonton
Test done on May 31st.
Decision Made May 31st
Oath Invite July 26th
Oath Ceremony Aug 27th
Basically, 3 months wait time. I wish everyone the best of luck. Patience pays but pains lol

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date : 8th Nov 2014
Nomination.....
PER Date : 25th Nov
AOR Received.
Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
I just got my Oath invitation today
Location- Edmonton
Test done on May 31st.
Decision Made May 31st
Oath Invite July 26th
Oath Ceremony Aug 27th
Basically, 3 months wait time. I wish everyone the best of luck. Patience pays but pains lol
Congratulations!

Hey,

Row - 39
ID - Gauravk17
Decision made - July 24
Oath Letter - July 25
Oath Ceremony - Aug 23
Congratulations!

altkeymist

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Guys, my journey has come to an end. Oath August 23rd. I help as much as I could with updating the spreadsheet. I hope I helped. As I am a citizen in a few days, I would like to say good bye, wish everyone the best and suggest that someone else pick up updating the sheet.
Congratulations !!!!

AJITDHILLON77

Jul 28, 2019
Hello December 2018 applicants!
Just came to know of this forum and also been waiting for some time now.

Please add me to the waiting sheet.

Application Sent: Dec 23, 2018
Application received: Dec 31, 2018
App type: Family (4)
Physical Presence day: 1147
AOR: Mar 6, 2019
Police Clearance Request: Mar 26 2019
Police Clearance Submitted: Mar 29 2019
Test: Pending
Oath: Pending

Thank you...:)

Reactions: sk1984indian

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi everyone :
According to mail tracking fingerprint have reached the Citizenship Office 4 months ago. My question is how can I make sure they received it .
and is this normal that i didn’t hear any thing from CIC right now ?!
please any suggestions will be appreciated , i am confused .

this is my timeline:

Application Sent: Dec 03, 2018
Application received: Dec 05, 2018
App type: Single
Physical Presence day: 1099
AOR: Feb 20, 2019
In Process: Feb 24, 2019
fingerprint requested : Mar 22
fingerprint received : April 02

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Heh, got couple emails from IRCC - one on Friday, another today with some surveys. They must be joking - I thought that it's oath invite each time when I saw that I've got an email from IRCC.