+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 - Citizenship Applications

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Thanks! At least some of the offices are moving
Based on my reading of the threads from August to December, there is a clear trend that offices in Winnipeg and Calgary are moving quite a bit faster than the rest. The wait time between IP to Test Invite is certainly smaller (1 month or 6 weeks). Of course there are still people in BC, Quebec and Ontario would get processed pretty fast but the vast majority seem to wait several months (anything between 3 to 6) before any movement or update is seen.

All we can do is wait. Worrying about bureaucracy is pointless, there is absolutely nothing that we control about IRCC does or doesn't do. Some queues move faster, others not so much. Maybe officers are over-loaded in Ontario, while officers have less work-load in Alberta. This is all outside of our control. When IRCC wants something from us, I am sure they will let us know.

Reactions: Heliosdz

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hi folks,

Test Invite arrived via my email today: April 30, 2019. Test Interview Date: May 22, 2019

Oddly, my online account does not reflect this - only the email (not sure if this is the norm?)
A new line will appear reflecting the test date but in progress remains until decision is made.

Last edited:

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Based on my reading of the threads from August to December, there is a clear trend that offices in Winnipeg and Calgary are moving quite a bit faster than the rest. The wait time between IP to Test Invite is certainly smaller (1 month or 6 weeks). Of course there are still people in BC, Quebec and Ontario would get processed pretty fast but the vast majority seem to wait several months (anything between 3 to 6) before any movement or update is seen.

All we can do is wait. Worrying about bureaucracy is pointless, there is absolutely nothing that we control about IRCC does or doesn't do. Some queues move faster, others not so much. Maybe officers are over-loaded in Ontario, while officers have less work-load in Alberta. This is all outside of our control. When IRCC wants something from us, I am sure they will let us know.
Yes and add to this employees vacations, sickness and understaff also plays the role. My office is Saskatoon but no updates, my file was in progress since 23 February (Saturday).

Last edited:

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
I will add later to the day guz I am out of town. Thank you
Thank you! I called today and found out my processing location is Kitchener, not sure if that is an important change to make to the spreadsheet or not, but thought I would let you know :)

iamKikay

Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014 (App Received)
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014 (CC Charged)
Nomination.....
01-10-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Included in the application
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
29-11-2014 (med rcvd by CEM); 01-12-2014 (addt'l doc rvd by CEM)
Passport Req..
23-12-2014; 09-01-2015 (Passport received by CEM)
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015 9 (Decision Made) ; 06-02-2015 (Passport with Visa on hand)
LANDED..........
May 2015
I got my test invite today. Exam schedule: June 14 @10am.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hey friends, i am going to my fingerprints again at local rcmp today because last month i did fingerprints but CIC never received my results and rcmp sent them for sure
Its about almost 4 weeks since RCMP sent results to Cic, i don’t think they are going to receive them, i think they got lost or something
Anyway going to do it again and this time i am going to give my address so i can send them to cic and track it

Noshtemp

Nov 5, 2018
Update: My husband passed the test today with 20/20. He said the test wasn’t too bad. A lot of common sense questions. The officer asked about some travel history and that was it.

Good luck to everyone else!

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hey friends, i am going to my fingerprints again at local rcmp today because last month i did fingerprints but CIC never received my results and rcmp sent them for sure
Its about almost 4 weeks since RCMP sent results to Cic, i don’t think they are going to receive them, i think they got lost or something
Anyway going to do it again and this time i am going to give my address so i can send them to cic and track it
Friends i went to rcmp for fingerprints again but the lady at front desk convinced me to not to do it again and just wait for 2 weeks more at least
I sent fingerprint receipt to cic through feb forum last week, got a replied today that they have received my finger receipt. I also asked them for an update so they wrote in email that they have sent me a test invite for 14th june
I was surprised that i or my lawyer both didn’t received any invite email so i called my lawyer he said he got email invite this morning forwarded me the email invite
So i very happy to tell you guys i got test invite yesterday not sure if they have received my fingerprints

Reactions: GraceCan

altkeymist

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you! I called today and found out my processing location is Kitchener, not sure if that is an important change to make to the spreadsheet or not, but thought I would let you know :)
Where did you call to get information regarding processing location?

ResKi

Oct 3, 2015
calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,I got today citizenship test invitation for 14 of June,2019 at 10 a.m.
Calgary office just in case:)

Reactions: GraceCan